Is this the game that propels us to the top?

calinator

Reaction score
The team has to be feeling super confident after this game so will it help us go on a long winning streak or be too confident? I feel this could be the break out game with asshandings in the future. Greg Zeurleins close miss could be the turbo boost of the season the Hawks get.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
With this defense? Probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
This game is one of the 4 cornerstones they can build on, you have games that build a young players confidence and when they changed up to a man defense those last few Ram possessions that's trusting them and they held up for the most part. Thompson's confidence has to be a lot better also, he seemed to be playing timid since day one. Griffin played lights out I thought as did Taylor.

OP
OP
C

calinator

Reaction score
chris98251":20sy78ww said:
This game is one of the 4 cornerstones they can build on, you have games that build a young players confidence and when they changed up to a man defense those last few Ram possessions that's trusting them and they held up for the most part. Thompson's confidence has to be a lot better also, he seemed to be playing timid since day one. Griffin played lights out I thought as did Taylor.

Man coverage at the end was so much better and tight. Before those final 3 downs they had awful calls on the coverage. The Rams will take the sidelines all day long and they just gave it to them. Gotta force them to make throws in bounds no matter what. Play Cover 2 with man coverage atleast. I hope the D coach learns from his defensive playcalling, it was bad at the end.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I'd feel a lot better about them is we had just one guy that could sack the other teams QB now and again... Why did they have Clowny and Ziggy dropping back in coverage?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
It could provide a ton of confidence, but unless they are able to improve the pass rush and tackling I don't see it making much of a difference in the long run.

OP
OP
C

calinator

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3fs4g5h1 said:
It could provide a ton of confidence, but unless they are able to improve the pass rush and tackling I don't see it making much of a difference in the long run.

Very solid point. Even with a struggling secondary a good pass rush can mask it. Even with Ansah and Clowney the pass rush is non-existant. when does Reed come back? lol.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
calinator":39q98w9k said:
Seanhawk":39q98w9k said:

Very solid point. Even with a struggling secondary a good pass rush can mask it. Even with Ansah and Clowney the pass rush is non-existant. when does Reed come back? lol.

One more game.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hopefully it’s a game that they can learn a lot from. Hopefully it’s a game that builds confidence in some of the young guys.

Its a huge win but it really wasn’t a “statement” type win.

We still have some big weaknesses, and they are on tape for others to see and exploit.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Nope, this defense is hot garbage. No pass rush, really bad secondary, underachieving LB and D line with some very questionable coaching. I thought they were going to be better this year but I think they are a lot worse. No heart, no leaders, no toughness.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
This Rams team was in the Super Bowl last year and will of course be challenging again this year.

You take a win against them and feel great, period.

No asterisks.

James in PA

Reaction score
In a word, yes! Ziggy and Clowney are still trying to figure it out and Pete is still trying to figure them out. This is still like preseason for those guys, especially Ziggy. When they finally put this puzzle together it’s going to be a thing of beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2zyng660 said:
Nope, this defense is hot garbage. No pass rush, really bad secondary, underachieving LB and D line with some very questionable coaching. I thought they were going to be better this year but I think they are a lot worse. No heart, no leaders, no toughness.

:34853_doh:

And yet they are 4-1.

I think they will be just fine.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ziggy and Clowney are getting attention, Jefferson and Green were getting inside pressure and being disruptive.

Fade

Reaction score
Ken Norton is reason enough for a lot of worry.

Their defense is a soft zone cover 2 or tampa 2, which is a variation of 3 deep depending. {The Mike backer plays deep.) It's affecting Wagner for sure, and he is having a bad year.

They need a Quinn like DC, and they need a proper center fielder to get the defense back to where it needs to be.

I would very much recommend they spend a high draft pick on a center field Free Safety.

The good news about pass rush is they can keep going to the Free Agency well on guys that have down years, and give them short term prove it contracts. Instead of paying guys multi-year $20M+ APY.

knownone

Reaction score
What's with all of the talk of not having a pass rush? They didn't get a sack but they harassed Goff all game.

Way too much season left to be played to think this game propels us to the top.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":34tlipvl said:

Hot garbage?? Maybe exaggeration on your part. Some people like to be over dramatic!!!!
Agree with the pass rush.
secondary had their moments for the defense they were playing.
I thought the LB crew did a good job!~
The Coaching got us a win::::::what more did you want against the NFC champs.
Lots of Heart!
NO LEADERS???What game did you watch
Toughness......................Really?+
We must of watched different games

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1legm3xe said:

We played well in general, and it is a great building block.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Was kind of thinking that this feels like one of those 2012 or early 2013 wins. Don't know what that means, but it just seems like it. The defense isn't on par, as stated, but RW is playing out of his mind and Carson looks more like himself. If the secondary can provide just a few plays a game, regardless of who's playing, then there are going to be some good things. Especially if we start to gel in the pass rush and get Reed back. It feels like this is just the beginning. At least right now anyway...

Latest posts