It's official

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Whether we played like warmed bat guano or not today, it's hard to argue the refs missing a blatant pass interference hands-to-the-face call against our receiver at the five yard line when he's staring right at it. And that was only one of several very poor, one-sided calls today.

Whether we played like warmed bat guano or not today, that single, obvious non-call may well have been the difference between a win and a loss. We kicked a field goal and gave the ball back to Dallas with a few minutes left on the clock, rather than having 1st and goal from the five.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1e7n6j18 said:
Whether we played like warmed bat guano or not today, it's hard to argue the refs missing a blatant pass interference hands-to-the-face call against our receiver at the five yard line when he's staring right at it. And that was only one of several very poor, one-sided calls today.

Whether we played like warmed bat guano or not today, that single, obvious non-call may well have been the difference between a win and a loss. We kicked a field goal and gave the ball back to Dallas with a few minutes left on the clock, rather than having 1st and goal from the five.

Yep, that was absolutely inexcusable. It doesn't get much more blatant or obvious than that.

You know what else is inexcusable? Not getting a stop on 3rd and 20 late in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
The refs suck, yes, but last year we found a way to get through that by playing well.

TCHawkfan

Reaction score
There were tons of reason for yesterday's loss:

1) Very little Beast. 2 carries in the first half? He makes his $ in the 2nd half when the opposing D is tired.

2) It was obvious after 2 or 3 screens to Percy that Dallas had prepared for the plays we have been running with him but Bevell kept calling them...

3) Russell did have lots of time in the pocket on several occasions. I kept screaming " I can't believe nobody can get open in 6-10 seconds???"

4) ET III was not a factor.

5) Something is wrong with Cam. I know he is hurting, is he more liability than asset right now?

6) Okung, same deal as Kam.

7) Russell ran all over the Redskins, didn't even try yesterday.

8) Officiating left A LOT to be desired AGAIN...

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Well, now that it's official, I can be outraged. Back when we were just postulating and conspiracy-theorizing I was able to shrug it off.

I won't stand for this!

*sits down*

Hawks46

Reaction score
lsheldon":rjkj2obb said:
I agree with the refs ignoring a lot of penalties against our guys. Who was the dude punching Lynch in the head after the tackle while he was on the ground? Refs are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.

Yea I saw that; Dlman punched Lynch 3 times in the head, and it wasn't even subtle.

I have literally seen guys getting tackled this year; On one Romo TD pass, Avril got dragged backwards by his right shoulder pad. Willson actually got facemasked before the ball got to him, while Dallas' Lber didn't even try to turn around and look for the ball, which is the very definition of "faceguarding" in the NFL.

Even through all that, the bad calls didn't cost us the game, letting Dallas run all over us and convert 3rd and 20's lost the game for us. Terrible offensive play calling cost the game for us. Russell missing some open WRs and missing a few throws contributed to the loss.

I think we're getting blatantly held a lot this year, but in looking at other games, it's common in the NFL. You literally have to tackle someone to get an offensive holding call, and Williams managed to tackle Irvin and still not get called for it. I honestly think it's a way the NFL is protecting QBs and inflating scoring, to be honest.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Dallas kicked our asses. They outplayed and outcoached us. It doesn't happen very often to our team, but last Sunday was a perfect example of any given Sunday.

Congrats to the Cowboys and some of their fans, but I would temper your enthusiasm a tad... it is week 6 not week 16.

drdiags

Reaction score
lucky49":2qn4k21a said:
HITTING THE PUNTER'S PLANT LEG IS 15 YARDS NOT 5

The strategic placement of cash into a ref's pocket has it privileges. Ha ha .... :th2thumbs:

:thirishdrinkers:

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I'm not going to blame the refs for the loss. We sucked on Sunday. But you cannot overlook the poor performance of the ref crew. That bullshit PI call that Kearse didn't get on one of our last drives could have given us 15 yards, a 1st down and one more chance to tie the game.

byau

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":iky4bn80 said:
The NFL is determined to make sure Hawks don't repeat. Our playing like crap nonwithstanding, the noncalls and calls our opponents are getting will continue to happen the rest of the season. We are getting too cute on offense and our injuries are starting to take their toll. With the margin of error so thin in NFL, this is the difference between winning and losing against a good team.

Take out the parts about the officiating and I 100% agree.

Then again, I guess that is the point of your thread.

The Seahawks are good enough to win these games whether or not the officiating is an issue.

Honestly, I can complain about the officiating too, and as someone else said in this thread, it hasn't helped, but it's minor because...

The Seahawks have had chances to win all these games and didn't.

Believe it or not, it's true.. Complacent, lost that hunger, can't force turnovers, playing the man and not the ball, etc.etc..

Last year they would have won these close games. Remember how they pulled out quite a few close ones?

A few examples come to mind (I don't recall which teams these were against)

1) Offense throw TD to Kearse and wins (Game 1 I think vs Panthers?)
2) Defense forces fumble on the last play to win (Texans?)
3) Defense forces overthrow into endzone on last play to keep the victory (Rams?)
4) OT vs Bucaneers win on a field goal?

etc.

Seahawks lost their killer instinct.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
byau":1q15vkdc said:
Unfortunately I believe this is a possibility. I hope we're wrong. I think we'll know a lot more this coming week. How they respond to a beat down like they suffered will tell me a lot about this team. Last year they responded well to the Cards game vs. the Lambs. They need to do the same Sunday.

byau

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":4zlt2t6b said:
byau":4zlt2t6b said:
Unfortunately I believe this is a possibility. I hope we're wrong. I think we'll know a lot more this coming week. How they respond to a beat down like they suffered will tell me a lot about this team. Last year they responded well to the Cards game vs. the Lambs. They need to do the same Sunday.

THIS... is killer instinct.

[youtube]Rplwk3p85jg[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rplwk3p85jg

The Seahawks had this. And it's nowhere to be seen

During the Dallas game, how many times did we see that our D-secondary had pretty good coverage on the guy, but they didn't play the ball or go for the ball, just stayed right on the guy which doesn't do any good because the guy can still catch it?

Visually, seems Sherman and Bobby are the only D-guys who have that right now. Even Earl and Kam are missing it. On offense, Marshawn and Harvin (both victims to bad playcalling I'd say). Maybe to some extent Russel Wilson who had a bad game in Dallas but was there to win it for us in Denver.

(Where was the Russell Wilson who won us OT in Denver?)

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Reminds me of Seattle hitting the NINERS punter plant leg in the NFC title game. Killed us, those pesky refs!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Then we get a failure to review a fumble in the final 2 minutes of the game which is inexplicable.

Hmmm, perhaps this is a subject worth the OP revising his theory.

The long long list of refereeing blunders which screw the Seahawks is a well know subject of repeating angst buys faithful.

Sometimes you just get beat but getting beat by being screwed over is tougher to take.