It's official

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Oh please, I have seen this coming since the pre-season. This IS NOT the same team as last season. Not even close.
The FO let go of the wrong people(should have kept McDonald instead of McDaniel,etc), for starters. They are playing like crap. Anyone who thought this game was going to be a blow out in our favor was seriously deluded. Call me what you want. I LOVE this team but I do not have rose colored glasses on. The D and O have some serious issues that teams are exploiting. The refs have NOTHING to do with this crap-IT'S THE TEAM!!!!!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
That defensive back smashed Willson on the facemask and was not facing back to the ball at all--that was blatant PO with maybe a personal foul takced on--that would've turned the game around if the stinking ref had done his god damn job.

hawker84

Reaction score
Am i in the Denial Zone? Real Hawk fans do not blame the Ref's for losses, unless it's blatant and game changing.

We had several opportunities to ice this game, and we crapped the bed over and over again on both sides of the ball.

The Ref's suck in this league , this is known, but they suck in every game played every week. We got our butts handed to us on a platter, as much as it hurts, we got Seahawked by the better team today.. Credit where credit is due, Dallas was the better team, in all Phases including coaching...

Question is, will adversity cause vet's to step up and take on the leader roll, Will Carroll start holding the right people accountable for this garbage we're seeing week in week out? This is going to go one of two way's, let's just hope it the good way.

leave the Ref blaming to whiner and saint fans.....

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":e8nqlc87 said:
The officiating didn't do us any favors...

But this was just a dumpster fire all the way around. This team is really out of sync on offense. Receivers not getting open? Play calling? Russell in a funk?

The defense is struggling with getting off the field, now with Max out, Simon still out, Lane out, we have our 5th, 6th corners on the field.

Give Dallas credit, they came in a played hard, were able to run, completed some miraculous passes, stuffed our offense. Good for them.

^^This^^

Marvin49

Reaction score
Glad to see some level headed Seahawks fans in here. Sometimes you have a bad day snd your opponent has a good one. It happens.

Seattle was close mostly do to Dallas shooting themselves in the foot on Special Teams and a fumbled snap. It happens. They'll take this loss, it's hurt like hell, and they'll respond one way or the other. My guess is they'll rally and go on a run.

Only question I have is whether peeps still think Dallas is the "high school team" or "2-14" team so many here billed them to be after Niners stomped them in Dallas in week 1. That team has a hell of an O-Line and Murray is a very good back. Even when the Niners stomped them, Murray was over 100 and they were able to move the ball on the ground. Since then the Niners have absolutely shut down the run just as Seattle had BEFORE Sunday.

I think it might be time to recognize that Dallas has a dominant run game and might be a threat in January.

drdiags

Reaction score
Dallas is legit Marvin49 but they better clean up their special teams in a hurry. Their game against the 9ers had them forking over pts off Special teams as well, besides Romo throwing some bad passes for picks.

Refs are what Refs are. They see some things and miss others. Either way, wasn't them stopping the anemic Seahawks offense or allowing Romo to escape and give up 3rd down after 3rd down. Will someone please pick up the RB sneaking out of the backfield and converting 3rd downs on you son?

Football. Here we go ....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marvin49":yaw9cwrp said:
Only question I have is whether peeps still think Dallas is the "high school team" or "2-14" team so many here billed them to be after Niners stomped them in Dallas in week 1. That team has a hell of an O-Line and Murray is a very good back. Even when the Niners stomped them, Murray was over 100 and they were able to move the ball on the ground. Since then the Niners have absolutely shut down the run just as Seattle had BEFORE Sunday.

:lol:

Hardly stomped them, Tony Romo basically said "here you go!" .. and that was that.

Funny how after that game ... the Cowboys decided to lean completely on the run and strong OL though.. hopefully Bevell has a self realization of his own and starts using the offense to its actual strengths.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3t22qkd7 said:
Marvin49":3t22qkd7 said:

:lol:

Hardly stomped them, Tony Romo basically said "here you go!" .. and that was that.

Funny how after that game ... the Cowboys decided to lean completely on the run and strong OL though.. hopefully Bevell has a self realization of his own and starts using the offense to its actual strengths.

Uh...28-3 at halftime including 2 80 yard TD drives. Dallas had 2 essentially garbage time TDs in the second half.

Please.

Yes, Niners got 1 TD by being inside the 2 from one of those Romo picks, but the other 2 didn't give the Niners any points. One was essentially a punt and the other resulted in a touchback.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
This guy sure is getting killed for an observation. The "points of emphasis " happened numerous times on numerous pass attempts. I like how everyone that has an opinion on the bad officiating, even after saying its not the reason they lost, is still called a whiner. I thought we were supposed to attack the post in here. Since this place is a garbage fire after a loss anyway, I don't care if I get in trouble. The way people respond in these threads really helps me see what other fan bases are starting to see with ours. Entitled and spoiled after ONE title. Rude responses to our own fans.

this is football. The Raiders were seconds from beating the Chargers today. Youd think s Seattle missed the playoffs.

You know those enemy forums we post on here to make a mockery of? We'd have a field day reading .net right now. Especially how we are replying to our own fan base.

Marvin49

Reaction score
mjwhitay":60es3aq3 said:
This guy sure is getting killed for an observation. The "points of emphasis " happened numerous times on numerous pass attempts. I like how everyone that has an opinion on the bad officiating, even after saying its not the reason they lost, is still called a whiner. I thought we were supposed to attack the post in here. Since this place is a garbage fire after a loss anyway, I don't care if I get in trouble. The way people respond in these threads really helps me see what other fan bases are starting to see with ours. Entitled and spoiled after ONE title. Rude responses to our own fans.

this is football. The Raiders were seconds from beating the Chargers today. Youd think s Seattle missed the playoffs.

You know those enemy forums we post on here to make a mockery of? We'd have a field day reading .net right now. Especially how we are replying to our own fan base.

Hate to side with Fans of the 'hawks here...

...but you can't make fun of Niner fans for having issues with the refs in their losses and then blame the refs in a loss in which you were gifted with a TD and field position by the Cowboys and not get called on it.

From what I've read in this thread seems like most of the posters are dead on in their analysis.

daveca5150

Reaction score
mjwhitay":3ortop4a said:

Preach

Let's all get drunk :thirishdrinkers:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":20td0exz said:
Idiotic.
It isn't the NFL conspiring against us. We could have overcome some bad calls, but we couldn't overcome a bad offense too.
We?, you got a turd in your pocket?
We weren't going to overcome enough to beat the Cowpies, AND the Zebra's, especially with the shit calls against the Seahawks, and the NON-calls on the Cowboys.
The Cowboys were getting cocky, because they were committing numerous penalties, and NOT getting flagged for em, so they were being brazenly bold about keeping on with doing them.
Cowboys played an okay game, but their win was aided by a lot of corrupt Officiating.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jerseyhawk":kg2dngxa said:
but we won a superbowl last year my life is complete now so go hawks!!!!
That's exactly how the powers that be, and the shitty Officials see it too.
If those corrupt assholes don't want the Seahawks to repeat?, they ain't gonna.

Marvin49

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1foc5029 said:
jerseyhawk":1foc5029 said:
but we won a superbowl last year my life is complete now so go hawks!!!!
That's exactly how the powers that be, and the shitty Officials see it too.
If those corrupt assholes don't want the Seahawks to repeat?, they ain't gonna.

Sigh.

Seriously? I guess poor officiating only counts if you are the Seahawks and the league is against you. Come on now. All teams get hit with bad calls. Fact of life. I didn't see you complaining when Ninerd got hosed on some calls in weeks 2 and 3.

endzorn

Reaction score
At no point in this game did I see a ref pass blocking, opening holes against our d-line, missing blocks on our o-line, making horrible decisions with the ball...the refs did nothing that refs don't do in every game. Calls are made, calls are missed and fouls are arbitrarily flagged for and against every team in every game...XXL notwithstanding.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Okay, I'll go out on a limb and say what everybody is thinking......it was the heat.

<limb breaks>

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":300zwll5 said:
That defensive back smashed Willson on the facemask and was not facing back to the ball at all--that was blatant PO with maybe a personal foul takced on--that would've turned the game around if the stinking ref had done his god damn job.

For me this was the only call that I didn't get and no one has done a good in explaining how it was not a PI or Illegal Hands to the Face at least.

I think Willson catches that if he doesn't have a hand on his facemask driving his head down. The defender made no attempt to play the ball.

And I get what the OP is saying... and I don't think its a cop out... there's some truth to it but not all in this one game.

We've seen our O-Line get called for some questionable holds, and we've seen our D-Line get tackled, punched in the face, hooked and grabbed on more than on occasion... No Call.

They "emphasized" the rules to change up how the LOB plays, and for the most part we've conceded but in particular in this Dallas game, Sherman gets called for borderline PI while their guys are tackling our WRs pre-catch no calls.

Another thing I don't get is that in most cases it is because of a flinching O-Lineman but I've seen 3-4 instances where the other team jumps offsides but they call a phantom false start on the Seahawks or allow the D-Line player to reset.

Seahawks D-Line get called for every NZI. There was the one on Bennett, jumped the snapcount, but he got back and no offensive linemen jumped but it was still called... it turned a 3rd and 9 into a 3rd and 4.

So, I get what the OP is saying, the NFL have the Seahawks in the vi$e grip of their parity monsters, while allowing others teams to play more loosely and confident on the same playing field as long as they don't have a blatant offense. If its ticky-tacky Seahawks will get the penalty, the other team gets the breaks.

But by now these tactics aren't new to the NFL and the Seahawks as the OP stated need to play more disciplined ball, if perfection is what it takes, so be it. Good teams can overcome the parity handicap and I think the Seahawks will adjust.