It's The Apple Cup Week Trash Talk Thread.

getnasty

Reaction score
Win or Lose at least we don't underachieve year after year. Husky are shit and thier female fanbase all look like Chelsea Clinton. Peterson lost his balls and coaching ability somewhere in Pendleton OR. on the drive over to Seattle, either that or the town turned him into a Starbucks drinking puss like everyone else there. To top it off your spokesman for the program is DomeHawk which reminds me of the white speck on the top of chicken shit. Go Cougs!

DJrmb

Reaction score
Is this even a rivalry anymore? Doesn't the other team have to be somewhat competitive at least sometimes in a rivalry?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DJrmb":1593exqw said:
Is this even a rivalry anymore? Doesn't the other team have to be somewhat competitive at least sometimes in a rivalry?

The Ducks have been the Huskies biggest rival.for 2 decades now, whether anyone wants to admit.

The Cougars are like playing your little brother in a driveway pick up.game.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This Apple Cup is 2008 level of depressing. Thank god that means 6 wins per team.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2e0k81mh said:
DJrmb":2e0k81mh said:

The Ducks have been the Huskies biggest rival.for 2 decades now, whether anyone wants to admit.

Funny you consider the Ducks rivals when the Cougars beat them with far more consistency than the Huskies of late.

D

DomeHawk

Maulbert":1huvy0cp said:
sdog1981":1huvy0cp said:
This Apple Cup is 2008 level of depressing. Thank god that means 6 wins per team.

I don't think you truly recall how bad 2008 was. The Cougars finished 2-11. The Huskies finished 0-12.

Please don't remind me of that year. Went to every single home game and stayed to the end as is our family tradition.

Even though the cougs won two games and Huskies zero, WSU was voted the worst team in college football that year and one of the worst in the BCS era. The huskies were voted the 5th worst in the BCS era but it would be hard for me to see any difference between the two.

Hate to say it, buy I think the cougs have a good shot at winning this Apple Cup.

I have some inside info on the moral of the team but I won't mention any specifics here/now.

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... ms-bcs-era

Maulbert

Reaction score
DomeHawk":11bqqjsb said:
Maulbert":11bqqjsb said:
sdog1981":11bqqjsb said:

I don't think you truly recall how bad 2008 was. The Cougars finished 2-11. The Huskies finished 0-12.

Please don't remind me of that year. Went to every single home game and stayed to the end as is our family tradition.

Even though the cougs won two games and Huskies zero, WSU was voted the worst team in college football that year and one of the worst in the BCS era. The huskies were voted the 5th worst in the BCS era but it would be hard for me to see any difference between the two.

Hate to say it, buy I think the cougs have a good shot at winning this Apple Cup.

I have some inside info on the moral of the team but I won't mention any specifics here/now.

We gave up 67 to UCLA.

I truly believe the Coug's D will make Jacob Eason look like a Heisman contender.

As for 2008, I just think comparing 2019 to it is just foolish. Is this season disappointing? Certainly, but both teams will play in a bowl game. It could be A LOT worse.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maulbert":24hkx0n5 said:
DomeHawk":24hkx0n5 said:
Maulbert":24hkx0n5 said:
sdog1981":24hkx0n5 said:

We gave up 67 to UCLA.

I truly believe the Coug's D will make Jacob Eason look like a Heisman contender.
100% concur, sadly. Plus Lake owns Leach like no one else in CFB

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maulbert":2pzr2ggr said:
Uncle Si":2pzr2ggr said:
DJrmb":2pzr2ggr said:

Funny you consider the Ducks rivals when the Cougars beat them with far more consistency than the Huskies of late.

What the Cougars do against Ducks is irrelevant.

The Huskies and Ducks are almost always playing for Pac 10 supremacy.

The cougars are always playing for an upset. They are what they are. Cougar fans are always bemoaning howlimited their resources are compared to the Huskies. So sure.. they are interstate rivals, sharing a border.

The programs are not rivals in any real competitive way.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2lkmm18x said:
Maulbert":2lkmm18x said:
Uncle Si":2lkmm18x said:
DJrmb":2lkmm18x said:

The cougar are always playing for an upset.

Someone's living in the past.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maulbert":l0oyo3ap said:
Uncle Si":l0oyo3ap said:
Maulbert":l0oyo3ap said:
Uncle Si":l0oyo3ap said:

The past year? 2?

20?

Regardless if it happens every year, the expectations for both is they are challenging for that position. The Cougars are really nothing more than a team you content to lose to along the way.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2shfbwwh said:
Maulbert":2shfbwwh said:
Uncle Si":2shfbwwh said:
Maulbert":2shfbwwh said:

The past year? 2?

20?

Regardless if it happens every year, the expectations for both is they are challenging for that position. The Cougars are really nothing more than a team you content to lose to along the way.

The Huskies are the 49ers of the Pac-12. Maybe I should start calling you Al Bundy instead of Washington49er. :lol:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I don't understand any of those references. Werent the Huskies in the national playoff recently, basically dominating the Pac 12 for 5 years, while in the national discussion as well? I think an inferiority complex is clouding your perspective.

I don't think any Husky fans are really concerned about losing out to the Cougars on a regular basis, on the field or off. The Ducks though? That's what a rivalry is.

The Apple Cup is just an interstate tradition. But it's still big brother vs little brother.

Not sure a down year for the Huskies suddenly changes that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Apple cup has been going on well before any of us here were born, it's a tradition and even when the records are vastly different the games always seem to be entertaining.

There was life before the Greatest Generation, Boomers, Gen Xers, Millennials and Generation Z, I know History's and traditions mean shit to a lot of people these days sadly and it's not relevant if it didn't happen within 3 years.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":1cui1aoa said:
Apple cup has been going on well before any of us here were born, it's a tradition and even when the records are vastly different the games always seem to be entertaining.

There was life before the Greatest Generation, Boomers, Gen Xers, Millennials and Generation Z, I know History's and traditions mean $h!t to a lot of people these days sadly and it's not relevant if it didn't happen within 3 years.

that's a nice old man rant... but not what the conversation is about.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ggbgj98 said:
chris98251":1ggbgj98 said:

There was life before the Greatest Generation, Boomers, Gen Xers, Millennials and Generation Z, I know History's and traditions mean $h!t to a lot of people these days sadly and it's not relevant if it didn't happen within 3 years.

Because it doesn't fit your argument, go back to your bottle and suck it young one, the above post was about the tradition.

The Ducks and Beavers were after thoughts for most of their existence in the Pac 8 then 10 and now 12 until Uncle Phil bought the School.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":393hv8zb said:
Uncle Si":393hv8zb said:
chris98251":393hv8zb said:

Because it doesn't fit your argument, go back to your bottle and suck it young one, the above post was about the tradition.

What doesn't fit? your run down of generational nicknames?

The above posts were about rivalry. Tradition was mentioned a bunch. There's a difference.

Young one? get a grip.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":11kislqd said:
chris98251":11kislqd said:
Uncle Si":11kislqd said:
chris98251":11kislqd said:

The above posts were about rivalry. Tradition was mentioned a bunch. There's a difference.

Young one? get a grip.

Yeah Young one, obviously you have no concept of the history.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":2dmxgxb7 said:
Uncle Si":2dmxgxb7 said:
chris98251":2dmxgxb7 said:
Uncle Si":2dmxgxb7 said:

Young one? get a grip.

Yeah Young one, obviously you have no concept of the history.

Sure... i mean just a couple degrees.

I also know the difference between "tradition" and "rivalry," as you pointed out with your OSU-UO analogy. I see it here with the UofM and Wisconsin. It's an end of year tradition. They play for an axe. Wisconsin has been battling Michigan and OSU for Big 10 titles for the last 20 years though. Who is their rival?

To be clear, not forsaking the fun of the game.

Keep on shouting at your computer screen though

Latest posts