It's The Apple Cup Week Trash Talk Thread.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
That 3rd down "holding" call that extended the opening 2nd half drive for UW was ridiculous to the utmost.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Eason wasn’t helped by his receivers on that drive, dropped pass by the TE who tried to run before he caught it, and then Fuller fumbles after fighting for the extra yard, he needed to go down before he got twisted like a pretzel and backdropped.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3qsc1k8m said:
That 3rd down "holding" call that extended the opening 2nd half drive for UW was ridiculous to the utmost.

I thought the receivers knee was down before the fumble. Things just balance out that way.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Refs just cost the Dawgs a possible scoop and score fumble recovery with too quick whistle. UW gets the ball thanks to replay and rightfully so, but may have cost them 6.
Pac-12 officiating, SMH

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Uncle Si":11qgiefj said:
Grahamhawker":11qgiefj said:

I thought the receivers knee was down before the fumble. Things just balance out that way.

Two bad calls then.

How did they not call that last one a fumble at game speed?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Absolutely terrible spot on that last QB sneak near the goal line.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DJrmb":w04paw0t said:
They did the same thing to Wazzu earlier but Leach got it reviewed and got it ruled a 1st. Don't know why Peterson didn't insist on a review.
More high quality Pac-12 reffing.

DJrmb

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":17lkhqys said:
DJrmb":17lkhqys said:
They did the same thing to Wazzu earlier but Leach got it reviewed and got it ruled a 1st. Don't know why Peterson didn't insist on a review.
More high quality Pac-12 reffing.

Yeah, just terrible reffing overall really. It's hard to be worse at reffing games than the NFL but the pac12 has perfected that art.

D

DomeHawk

hawksfansinceday1":2ieaavxy said:
Maulbert":2ieaavxy said:
DomeHawk":2ieaavxy said:
Maulbert":2ieaavxy said:
I don't think you truly recall how bad 2008 was. The Cougars finished 2-11. The Huskies finished 0-12.

Please don't remind me of that year. Went to every single home game and stayed to the end as is our family tradition.

Even though the cougs won two games and Huskies zero, WSU was voted the worst team in college football that year and one of the worst in the BCS era. The huskies were voted the 5th worst in the BCS era but it would be hard for me to see any difference between the two.

Hate to say it, buy I think the cougs have a good shot at winning this Apple Cup.

I have some inside info on the moral of the team but I won't mention any specifics here/now.

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... ms-bcs-era

We gave up 67 to UCLA.

I truly believe the Coug's D will make Jacob Eason look like a Heisman contender.
100% concur, sadly. Plus Lake owns Leach like no one else in CFB

"Plus Lake owns Leach like no one else in CFB"

That's really the key, the Cougs have always been able to score at will all season until they play the Huskies.

I thought they had a "shot" at winning this Apple Cup and they did with this being our weakest team of the last few years but our superior recruiting always shows up.

Still think Leach does more with less better than just about any coach in America. I am a little disappointed in him with his rant at the press conference though. Was hoping for some good humor, he wasn't in the mood for it. I will give him a pass though because it just shows his competitive spirit.

Even though I have enjoyed the win streak it would be nice to have a little more drama attached to it. Still, being fortunate to be at the game with all the pageantry that is college football is a blast.

Because: IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!

Latest posts