Jaire Alexander suspended for screwing up coin toss

cymatica

Reaction score
Why is the rule even worded in such a way that miscommunication can force a team to kick off twice? Seems like a stupid rule. If the player says they want to kick off, then obviously they want the ball in the 2nd half.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like he wasn't invited to the coin toss.

Good call by the coach.

Everybody has their place...this wasn't his.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Why is the rule even worded in such a way that miscommunication can force a team to kick off twice? Seems like a stupid rule. If the player says they want to kick off, then obviously they want the ball in the 2nd half.

I brought this up a few months ago. it makes no sense why they even ask. No team wants to have a reduced number of offensive possessions while rewarding the other team with more. It makes zero sense.

Welshers2

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. What a dumb rule that will only ever trick someone through semantics

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Dudes. We be trying to get the general officiating on the right side of right.

The coin toss? The coin toss? Cmon man!

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
The fact that the player took it upon himself to override the coach and just do what he wanted is the issue. And almost screwing it up on top of that.

I’d bet money dude is mentally ill. This type of disorganized ego driven behavior slips into the clinical realm know as bonkers.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If you're allowed to kick off twice, why aren't you allowed to receive twice? Doesn't make sense.

GemCity

Reaction score
The language is the same even at the Pee-Wee level. As a coach, some of my most antagonizing moments were….*drumroll*…the coin toss.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He was dumb. He tried to defer(not sure if they ended up doing that?) and if the other team went down and scored a touchdown you lose.