Jamaal Charles and seahawks, "strong mutual interest"

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
HawkFan72":108ngpgy said:
kf3339":108ngpgy said:
JSeahawks":108ngpgy said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791695/article/jamaal-charles-seahawks-have-mutual-interest

Will he be able to open his own holes to get thru the D-Lines? Can he shake off two or three defensive players hitting him behind the line and still make positive yardage? Can he be relied on to stay healthy for a full season, or two?

Will he come cheap?

We need O-Line help more than anything else. That is where our FO attention should be right now.

Have you seen the amount of money going to O-linemen right now? No way the Hawks are dipping their toes into that water. Be patient. Just because the guys they signed last year didn't work out, doesn't mean the guys they sign this year won't as well.

Was just about to comment, realized you had beat me to it by a mile. They can't get crazy. There will be a shot at a couple of guys that will be major upgrades to what they have once the dust settles. But 14 mil for a tackle isn't going to work. It's just hard not to get your hopes up. Reiff is still out there, a few other tackles are as well. Most of the upper tier guards are still there, though. Maybe they will get one and slide ifedi out.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chawx":1y9wzac7 said:
What about that other RB the Chiefs have? He's a bruiser-type, downhill runner, mini-Marshawn-ish, but can acutally stay pretty healthy...if only we had drafted a guy like in the last few years. What's his name again?
"That Other RB That The Chiefs Have" is the reason that Jamaal Charles is expendable to them.
We need to quit Dabbling & pussyfooting around with finding a legitimate ML replacement, I hope Pete goes after a RB in this Draft that doesn't come with injury issues just because he's in the bargain basement.
IF we can't find some O-Line help EARLY in this Draft, or IF we don't address O-Line needs in FA, we NEED to find a Bruiser Back EARLY in THIS well stocked Draft lineup.
As with any Draft, there are no guarantees, but I see Charles as a Chiefs 'Cast-Off' and a, Treading water, lateral move.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":21np3f9y said:
I can't help but to think this rumour could be to put pressure on AP to take a discount if he really wants to play here.
These are the head games they play.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I really hope they get Charles. There is a good chance he can make it through 16 games without injury if they use him wisely. I'm not so sure he couldn't play last year. I think they had moved on at that point. He didn't feel quite right, so they shut him down.

No wonder the dude got hurt a lot, he was literally 60 to 70 percent of the teams offense for years. You touch the ball as much as he did, you are bound to get hurt. I think this could be the bargain of the year if it works. If it doesn't, there have been many worse deals than this would be. And signing Charles has zero impact on whether or not they get an o linemen or not. The market will dictate that.

nash72

Reaction score
If we sign Jamall Charles.

burning_money.jpg

RussB

Reaction score
If they are gonna sign a veteran RB might as well just bring Adrian Peterson in because hed be willing to take a pay cut and has a bigger upside than charles. AP was the best back in the league just 2 seasons ago. Charles has been a cripple for the past 3 years.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RussB":3qjexy34 said:
If they are gonna sign a veteran RB might as well just bring Adrian Peterson in because hed be willing to take a pay cut and has a bigger upside than charles. AP was the best back in the league just 2 seasons ago. Charles has been a cripple for the past 3 years.

He also had surgery to finally fix his knees, is still only 30, and averages over 5 yards a carry when he plays. He also helps in the passing game, which AP doesn't. AP is older, shows signs of slowing down last year, and wants over $4 million a year.

It all depends on price. If Charles signs a team-friendly deal he is a low-risk, high reward signing.

RussB

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1vw3ysp4 said:
RussB":1vw3ysp4 said:

He also had surgery to finally fix his knees, is still only 30, and averages over 5 yards a carry when he plays. He also helps in the passing game, which AP doesn't. AP is older, shows signs of slowing down last year, and wants over $4 million a year.

It all depends on price. If Charles signs a team-friendly deal he is a low-risk, high reward signing.
Personally i like peterson more , hes a bruising back and fits the scheme better than charles. Plus i think he has the better chance of staying healthy, i really have zero confidence in charles playing even 10 games. Peterson on the other hand has been rested 2 of the past 3 seasons and was the best back in the league in 2015.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Adrian's got one more huge year bottled up in him. I pity the defender trying to get in his way in the upcoming season.

RussB

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":upga74wc said:
Adrian's got one more huge year bottled up in him. I pity the defender trying to get in his way in the upcoming season.
He could bring that beast mode effect back to seattle and help them to get to another SB. Hes got 1 or 2 great years left.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Someone else made a good point earlier that Jamaal Charles is superior to AP in terms of pass blocking. That's always been a big consideration for Pete. So I'd give the Jamaal rumors a little more credibility, although, it seems that we're always waiting for these announcements to be followed by the "no, they aren't interested in him" follow-up the next day.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
There are a lot of words in that article but it doesn't actually say anything. Anything worth listening to, anyway.

The player is an unrestricted free agent but the article links them through a supposed GM connection? Okay.

nwgamer

Reaction score
AP is allegedly shocked at how little his market value is... he wanted some cash again this year . His dad started the AP SEA connection rumor. Watch for the pats to make a move there...

Seattle was reported to NOT be as interested .. likely cause he still wants too much. SEA will lurk there if the Charles thing doesn't pan out.

Charles isn't injury prone, he just had his knees taken out each of the last 2 years. Would be like saying ET is injury prone if he got hurt again this season. Charles can block AND catch... AP doesn't catch or block. I see Charles flying out to Seattle very soon imho.

chris98251

Reaction score
Coming in NEXT week, so might as well sit your asses on a cooler and chill till then.

chris98251

Reaction score

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
RussB":1brg5vi5 said:
HawkFan72":1brg5vi5 said:
RussB":1brg5vi5 said:

Personally i like peterson more , hes a bruising back and fits the scheme better than charles. Plus i think he has the better chance of staying healthy, i really have zero confidence in charles playing even 10 games. Peterson on the other hand has been rested 2 of the past 3 seasons and was the best back in the league in 2015.

Only fits the scheme better if we go back to putting Russ under center and running I formation, because it's been well documented AP has really struggled running out of shotgun and I don't recall then running any RO in Minnesota during his time there.

I like Charles but it's one of those veteran flyer type moves we always some to make, not someone you sign and hand a starting position to with 300 carries. Some work out pretty well like Kevin Williams and other don't and we cut them in TC like Antoine Winfield.

Just because we sign Charles it doesn't guarantee a roster spot but its worth the risk because if he does have a season or two left in him where he regains his old form the guy averaged over 5 YPC for multiple seasons in a row when he was healthy.