Jeff fisher

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I can't stand Fisher but how the hell did Williams get another coaching job after Bounty Gate? Wasn't he banned for awhile? Also, I felt that Sean Payton got screwed in that deal. It was ALL Greg Williams, who got a slap on the wrist it seems. I HATE the coaching staff for the Rams. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bounty for some of our players this next weekend.

hannibalking

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":12e4kzqm said:
Can't stand the guy. No trick plays for us next week I hope, I don't think Pete has that level of douchebaggery in him anyway. How about just an old-fashioned ass-kicking.

:sarcasm_on: What!? Don't you know Pete Carroll is the biggest dirtbag to ever be a part of football, coaching the most classless team in the history of the NFL. :sarcasm_off: You know, according to rival fans... :lol:

kf3339

Reaction score
olyfan63":35b20lla said:
Why hate on Jeff Fisher for his *SUCCESSFUL* trick plays against the Seahawks?
Isn't that what opponents are supposed to do, strengthen and sharpen us through the competition?
I guarantee all that got the attention of our special teams guys, and will most likely help us in "BIGGER" games when an opponent attempts trickery against us.

The deceptive punt return TD pointed out huge issues in punt coverage to fix.
The fake field goal TD showed Carroll a part of the rule book that we won't be asleep on any more.

A well-executed and successful trick play is a thing of beauty, to be admired.

Have we all forgotten about the 2012 season and TD passes from Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, and Marshawn Lynch?

My issue on Fisher is not any of your post. Everything about those plays called is spot on.

My issue with him is his complete disregard for teaching and coaching his players how to play honest, instead of using cheap shots that can hurt players in the game and potentially their careers. All for the sake of maybe winning a game.

What bugs me is that Goodel preaches safety yet has done nothing to coaches and teams like Fisher and the Rams to make them pay dearly for this type of obvious behavior. Start forcing the refs to call 15-20 personal fouls on the Rams for every cheap shot they take in a game. Throw out at least 5 or 6 players for their conduct. Completely disrupt everything Fisher wants to do because he no longer has the players to do the play. Start throwing him out of the game because of his teams actions on the field. Start fining and suspending him for his teams dirty play. Make him pay.

That is what I want to see happen. It has nothing to do just with our game, but everything to do with the sport.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I have no problem with his trickery. That gimmickry handed us a loss this season! Part of the game, and they executed! But he and Sean Payton (Tomlinson and Caldwell are tied for 3rd) are a blight on the NFL in their cultivation of complete shitbaggery by their players! That is completely inexcusable to me. That brawl yesterday and our final game against them last season were classic examples of such.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
It's not that there's anything ethically wrong with the trick plays, it's just that trick plays are unmanly and are an implicit public confession of inferiority, so they annoy me. Obviously with the Rams being clearly worse than us, it's probably acceptable for them to admit that they can't beat us straight up and want to turn the game into a variancefest.

253hawk

Reaction score
Just a reminder, here's what Fisher let happen in week 17 last year in our house:

E.Sims, Unnecessary Roughness
C.Reynolds, Unnecessary Roughness
R.Armstrong, Unnecessary Roughness
J.Laurinaitis, Taunting
A.Ogletree, Unnecessary Roughness
A.Ogletree, Unsportsmanlike Conduct
K.Langford, Disqualification
K.Langford, Unsportsmanlike Conduct
R.Armstrong, Unsportsmanlike Conduct (verbal abuse of an official)
D.Stewart, Unsportsmanlike Conduct

I really wish Goodell would stop being a hypocrite about player safety when Fisher hasn't been held accountable for this crap in forever. He didn't even look like he cared and just let it snowball. F the Rams defense, seriously. Their offense is cool though.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Rams were playing dirty against the giants. Took multiple late shots, were targeting players heads, etc. The announcers mentioned it on air and said it was disgusting and unnecessary.

They're definitely going to be playing dirty ball next Sunday. Hopefully we get out of that game with no injuries.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
253hawk":2h7oia91 said:
Just a reminder, here's what Fisher let happen in week 17 last year in our house:

J.Laurinaitis, Taunting

I really wish Goodell would stop being a hypocrite about player safety when Fisher hasn't been held accountable for this crap in forever. He didn't even look like he cared and just let it snowball. F the Rams defense, seriously. Their offense is cool though.

The officials have to call penalties. My confidence in this happening is quite low since the officials seem to look the other way where the Seahawks are concerned this year.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2cq57nof said:
is a Dbag. Look for many cheap shots and lots of whining. He is a dirty coach and I hope we are the final straw this year for his tenure. He is overrated. How nice would it be to send him out on a losing note?

Couldn't have worded it any better myself.
He's a punk, and I sincerely hope we embarrass the Rams next week

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":17qzpzus said:
olyfan63":17qzpzus said:
Isn't that what opponents are supposed to do, strengthen and sharpen us through the competition?
I guarantee all that got the attention of our special teams guys, and will most likely help us in "BIGGER" games when an opponent attempts trickery against us.

The fake field goal TD showed Carroll a part of the rule book that we won't be asleep on any more.

Have we all forgotten about the 2012 season and TD passes from Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, and Marshawn Lynch?

My issue on Fisher is not any of your post. Everything about those plays called is spot on.

My issue with him is his complete disregard for teaching and coaching his players how to play honest, instead of using cheap shots that can hurt players in the game and potentially their careers. All for the sake of maybe winning a game.

What bugs me is that Goodel preaches safety yet has done nothing to coaches and teams like Fisher and the Rams to make them pay dearly for this type of obvious behavior. Start forcing the refs to call 15-20 personal fouls on the Rams for every cheap shot they take in a game. Throw out at least 5 or 6 players for their conduct. Completely disrupt everything Fisher wants to do because he no longer has the players to do the play. Start throwing him out of the game because of his teams actions on the field. Start fining and suspending him for his teams dirty play. Make him pay.

That is what I want to see happen. It has nothing to do just with our game, but everything to do with the sport.
What you are advocating for is called "INTEGRITY", and that is something that Fisher and the whole Coaching staff are devoid of.
AND, Goodell? good luck with getting him to do the right thing about Coaches promoting dirty play.

evergreen

Reaction score
davidonmi":2svl43pd said:
I thought him sending out all those players from the RGIII trade against WAS was hilarious.
No better way for a mediocre team to show their superiority over another mediocre team
None of those guys were a QB though which is really the funniest part. He was happy with Badford. Maybe it's better to have him around? Not quite as bad as mike singletary but you get the idea.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":38tefe8t said:
I say we defer to 2nd half. Then we line up for the kickoff.

Then we do this...
jfxznjhx9qjxd8k4dw8d.gif

This brings up a question. This was after a safety and the kicker for the Vikes could not use a tee. It seems to me that it would be easier to get the bounce you wanted doing it this way. Does the kicker have to use a tee or could they, in theory, "punt" it on every kick off?

morgulon1

Reaction score
olyfan63":2jeh3k16 said:

That's different my fellow 12er.

chris98251

Reaction score
My biggest concern is that they play to injure this week and not win.

olyfan63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":212g2q54 said:
olyfan63":212g2q54 said:

That'd be just fine & dandy if he wasn't/doesn't/don't have his guys playing dirty Football.
What's their W/L record this Season?, that's what I'm talking about.
If you're resorting to dirty plays, and you still have that many losses, you are a shit-bag Coach.
And Y'all can do the "Admiration" gig if ya want, Me? I'd just feel dirty for doing it.

253hawk":212g2q54 said:

J.Laurinaitis, Taunting

I'm specifically addressing Fisher's love of, and success with, trick plays. The dirty play we experienced, especially in last year's finale in the CLink, is a whole different issue. 253Hawk framed the dirty play issue nicely in his post. Fisher IS absolutely a scumbag for appearing to allow/condone that from his players.

It seems to me that that a lot of people are taking those strong emotions about the Rams cheap shots and applying them to the trick plays issue. As I said, I view a well-executed trick play as a thing of beauty. Think Boise State vs. Nebraska in the Orange Bowl. Fisher's trick play cumulative successes against us damn near rise to that level. The punt return TD this year was especially an embarrassment for our Special Teams. Here's how I differentiate between the two topics:

1) Fisher's Rams DIRTY PLAYS: Injure our players, potentially trigger retaliations, risk of suspensions. SUCK IT FISHER!

2) Fisher's Rams TRICK PLAYS: Force our Special Teams players and coaches to pay attention at all times. Prepare our Special Teams units for nearly any wacky things we might see in "BIG" games, i.e., playoff settings. Make it way less likely trick plays will succeed against us in big game settings. BRING IT ON, FISHER!

Fisher's trick plays have netted the Rams 2 wins against the Seahawks in 4 years. The win in 2012 on the fake FG TD pass from Johnny Hekker to a fake "subbing out" WR still in the play; and this year, the "Return Left--no, Right!" punt return TD that was the margin of victory for the Rams in St. Louis. Fisher knows his team is outgunned vs. Seattle and that he will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to have any shot at winning. It's been so long since Seattle had a good successful trick play... I think we tried a flea-flicker vs. the Chiefs, but unsuccessful. Our closest thing to a trick play has been those cross-field screens to Marshawn for TDs vs. the 49ers. I sorta remember someone throwing a pass to Russell Wilson that was the same play he scored a receiving TD on in college, but the opponents limited it to a modest gain. That may have been last season. (Anyone recall what game that was?)

In fact, really, trick plays are not really that far out of the norm of the overall chess match mental game the opposing coaches play. Some examples favoring the Seahawks mental agility and response to game situations:

1) Russell Wilson seeing the man-to-man coverage on Luke Willson by AZ's Foote and immediately deciding to loft a pass for Willson to run under; 2x during the game, for 2 TD's. Bevell + Wilson scheming for for the Cardinals' blitzes, Russell and Luke recognizing the right situation on the same page, and instantly going right after what they see.

2) Punt block by DeShawn Shead in 1st Cardinals game. He saw he would be unblocked and went for it and got it. That was the Cooper Helfet WWE bodyslam play.

3) 2013 NFCCG, 4th and 7, Russell Wilson entices 49ers D to jump, all 3 Seahawks WR's notice this and instantly adjust their routes to "Go" routes, Wilson throws a 40-yard bomb to Jermaine Kearse for the game-winning score. Nice article here: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/seattle-s ... ouchdown/# In fact, the NFCCG TD to Kearse really was a "trick play" by Seattle, because Wilson explicitly used a trick snap count to try to draw the 49ers offside, and did so successfully, which really set up the whole play. So, now we know, Seattle got to the Super Bowl last year on a trick play.

I would absolutely love to see Seattle run a successful trick play on the Rams on Sunday.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Rams will be going for injuries not to win, if we get a big lead we need to take out all our valuable starters ASAP.

Latest posts