Jesse Williams Signed to a new deal (Official Per Condotta)

Wolfepack

Reaction score
NYCoug":fkc8jiqk said:
Just wanted to give some props where they're due. Kudos to Wolfepack for the scoop on this signing days before it happened. Here's the thread on Williams getting waived...

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109215

Thanks for sharing the scoop, Wolfepack, it's greatly appreciated!

With all the rumor threads and such on .Net over the years, this might be one of the more accurate scoops in site history. Nicely done, Wolfepack! :th2thumbs:

:thirishdrinkers:

Oh, and cool for Jesse. Glad to have him back! Hopefully he can prove all the doubters wrong, stay healthy, and cash in on some of his potential! Everybody wins in that scenario.

Thanks for the props bro. I mean, I keep in touch with him, so I was just sharing what he told me. I'm glad Jesse is getting resigned and given another chance. Sad how the injuries cut him down before he even got a chance. I'm hoping he provides some quality depth this year ... and maybe more? That's just me being hopeful I guess.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Wolfepack":349oc3dw said:
NYCoug":349oc3dw said:
Just wanted to give some props where they're due. Kudos to Wolfepack for the scoop on this signing days before it happened. Here's the thread on Williams getting waived...

With all the rumor threads and such on .Net over the years, this might be one of the more accurate scoops in site history. Nicely done, Wolfepack! :th2thumbs:

Oh, and cool for Jesse. Glad to have him back! Hopefully he can prove all the doubters wrong, stay healthy, and cash in on some of his potential! Everybody wins in that scenario.

Thanks for the props bro. I mean, I keep in touch with him, so I was just sharing what he told me. I'm glad Jesse is getting resigned and given another chance. Sad how the injuries cut him down before he even got a chance. I'm hoping he provides some quality depth this year ... and maybe more? That's just me being hopeful I guess.

Are you part of this 'Courier News' outfit that Jesse said he never even talked to? Just want to make sure we're talking about a different source here...

Wolfepack

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3rl09dz2 said:
Wolfepack":3rl09dz2 said:
NYCoug":3rl09dz2 said:

Are you part of this 'Courier News' outfit that Jesse said he never even talked to? Just want to make sure we're talking about a different source here...

Negative HawknPepa, don't even know those guys. But if he openly told me that the Hawks are signing him back to a restructured contract I wouldn't be surprised if he shared it with a mutual friend of these courier news reporters.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Yeah... It seems to be more than a second chance. I hope he can contribute and stay healthy this season but I'm not optimistic about it.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, we all know the team could use some depth at DL, so this at least provides a body in camp. Won't be any guarantees attached that I can see, so it's a pretty safe move. I say, "Good luck, Jesse! If you can help the team, great. If not, sorry to hear it, next man up,"

This is maybe a step up from signing a UDFA after the draft. Possible depth.

sutz

Reaction score
OK, according to the aricle in the link, this isn't a done deal yet. He says it's on the table, but not yet signed.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hmmmm... I wonder what his thought process might be for not signing. Maybe he thinks another team might pay his oft-injured self slighty more. Maybe he hopes Dan Quinn signs him, putting him closer to Alabama. Dude is like Irvin in that regard. Can't move on from college, where he was 'the man.'

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Here's my guess.

The only reason for the Seahawks to cut him and bring him back, is the new contract would have provisions that if his knees don't hold up, they can release him again and owe nothing. The guy has been paid salaries that last 2 years to be on IR. If he comes back he has to know that if the same thing happens, he won't get that pay.

So really, he has to listen hard to his body and decide if it's worth it.

Just my speculation, nothing else.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":b2unprsb said:
Here's my guess.

The only reason for the Seahawks to cut him and bring him back, is the new contract would have provisions that if his knees don't hold up, they can release him again and owe nothing. The guy has been paid salaries that last 2 years to be on IR. If he comes back he has to know that if the same thing happens, he won't get that pay.

That makes sense. Maybe thats why he hasn't signed it?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":24k4rl2o said:
Here's my guess.

He'd probably get an injury settlement regardless of contract provision, but yeah, what you say makes sense.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Schneider was talking about Williams today.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/580116783308259328[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/580127713874223104[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/580127914714226689[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/580130526951952385[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/580131467075842048[/tweet]

Bullmeister

Reaction score
Williams told an Australian newspaper last month that he is now healthy.

“I’m all good now,” Williams was quoted as saying. “I have had a few minor knee surgeries but I think it has been taken a bit out of context by the media. I’m enjoying it and hopefully I can do it for a couple more years.”

I have my doubts (don't we all) but fingers crossed for Jessie and the Seahawks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
JTB":3m10b44n said:
Until he actually plays a down, meh. Anything they get from him is a bonus.
Agreed. Move on already because dollars to donuts he never plays an actual down in a real game. His knees are bad and his legs are Bluto skinny. Which is very bad for an interior lineman.

sutz

Reaction score
Still not a big risk, except if they draft 5 DL and he doesn't fit under the 90. I don't see that happening. We'll see if he passes any cutdowns.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":44dzoej9 said:
Hmmmm... I wonder what his thought process might be for not signing. Maybe he thinks another team might pay his oft-injured self slighty more. Maybe he hopes Dan Quinn signs him, putting him closer to Alabama. Dude is like Irvin in that regard. Can't move on from college, where he was 'the man.'

What a crock of speculative b.s.

Latest posts