Jets expected to release Harvin

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I hope this is the last Percy Harvin post I ever see on .net, unless it's us as a fan base talking about how that 6th round pick turned out to be a HOF'er.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":mox739u2 said:
CHawK247":mox739u2 said:
bjornanderson21":mox739u2 said:
CHawK247":mox739u2 said:
No way Jose!! We have no idea how "tense" he made the locker room.

Hey im glad things worked out the way they did. But Lets look at Percy's perspective for just a sec.

Since college he's been known as fragile. And right after signing a huge contract and becoming the "missing" piece to a great team..he gets injured! Embarrassing much!?

So what can you do but rehab and make the most outta your chance when you get back on the field..which he did. His first play back he had an amazing catch before being bountied by the saints. Then when he comes back in the SB he plays lights out. Nobody in the leauge runs harder than him. Execpt #24 and AP.

JS said himself he was shoppin him before the season started. But how much of that was just 19million $ in regret? Would he have done the same if it was only 6 or 7?

The pressure of staying healthy and living up to his contract, and you only touch the ball on Bubble screens and Jet Sweeps! Its like we were trying to injure him. Anybody would be frustraded.

The moment we made him our focal point we were doomed. We turned the season around by getting our boys back healthy, RW using his legs to make up for poor line play, and not forcing bubble screens to a guy everyone and their mama knew was going to get the ball.
1. Harvin did not have an amazing catch when he came back. The only amazing thing about it was that he caught it more than 5 yards beyond the LOS.

2. Against the Saints Harvin would not have caught ANY of the passes thrown to him, so even IF they were going after harvin he still was not doing a good job at catching the ball which is important for a WR.... In the super bowl he did have a couple good plays, but his best play (a return TD on a blown punt) came after the game was already over.

3. Harvin is fast, but he doesnt run any "harder" than anyone as fast as him. He does have above-average acceleration for speedy WRs though.

4. The Hawks could only run bubble screens and sweeps with him because (shocker) Harvin sucks major gator balls at running routes. He also struggles catching in traffic and jump balls and basically anything beyond 5 yards. The Hawks couldn't put Harvin in any traditional packages except as a decoy and (shocker) Harvin was a lousy decoy unlike what his fans claimed.

The Hawks COULD NOT run their normal offense effectively with Harvin on the field so they could: a) try to run the percy harvin offense and hope to get something in return for him, or (b) keep harvin on the bench and make him the most expensive bench warmer ever while 95% of hawk nation stupidly thought Harvin was good and would revolt.

1. Yes he did but you prolly wouldn't know since you didn't watch the game because you weren't a fan until after we won SB 48.

2. Blown punt....after the game was over!? :roll: :lol: Again if you were actually a real fan you would never forget the explosive 87 yd Kickoff return to start the 2nd half . To re-enforce the momentum we had in the first half and step on their throats.

3. "Harvin is fast, but he doesnt run any "harder" than anyone as fast as him." :34853_doh:

4. Yes we went out and spent millions on a decoy who can just run screens and sweeps :roll:

1. Again, no it was not an amazing 17 yard catch. You really are lowering the bar to call that amazing.

2. Please explain how the game was not already over? We already more than doubled the amount of points they ended with and they were doing nothing on offense. The entire second half was garbage time, including the return by the mediocre cfl-quality wr.

3. I am not 21 as my name suggests, and I have been a fan for over 25 years. I was a fan during the many bad years, and I get to enjoy the great years we've been having.

You obviously were wrong about Harvin and are mad about it. But I wasn't wrong about him. Here are the things I said about the Harvin trade the day we traded for him:

1. This will be the worst move that Schneider ever makes and will be the worst move in Hawks history. Unless Schneider makes a move worse than Harvin then both those statements were true.

2. I predicted that Harvin would play 0 regular season games in 2013. I got a lot of flak for predicting an injury. I ended up being off by only 1 game, where according to you he caught an "amazing" pass for 17 yards.

3. I predicted that Harvin would be off the team before the start of the 2015 season. I also got crap for this prediction because his many jock-sniffers said there was NO WAY the hawks would take a dead cap hit to NOT play for us. Guess what? Harvin was given the boot before the beginning of the 2015 season.

4. I predicted that the Harvin acquisition meant Tate would not be resigned. There were a lot of others who predicted this (unlike my other predictions) so im not unique in that regard, but sure enough the Hawks did not keep Tate and we can easily point to the outrageous amount of money we were spending on a mediocre wr/rb.

I saw how horribly this trade was going to go down from day 1. You failed to do so. You have no reason to talk.

Percy Harvin ran the second half kick off back for a touchdown, but that doesn't mean I have to remember him for a game we would have won with or without him.

Bjorn the personal attacks are a little unnecessary especially considering that it can't be a surprise to you that many of us on .net do not have fond feelings for Percy Harvin.

In college he was a great athlete with my Gators, but the NFL is a different beast, he's been unable to produce any long term success outside of a year with Minnesota. I personally didn't think it was going to work either because of his inability to stay healthy.

No need to measure weiners.

I hate to bring this up again but Darrell Bevell is the OC of the Seahawks, it was never going to work. Too much thinking going on between those ears.

plyka

Reaction score
What an absolute WASTE! Not the Hawks and their horrible decision to actually trade for this loser --mistakes happen. But this loser wasting his incredible gift --ridiculous.

I somehow think that Bevell was responsible for the two biggest mistakes in Seahawks history, one of them being the #1 mistake in NFL history --the last play of the superbowl. The 2nd being Percy. Rice came over as well on a big contract. I can't help to think that Bevell was responsible for both since he was both of their offensive coordinators and probably felt comfortable with them.

The Percy mistake is easy to look past. Mistakes happen, hopefully Sniejder learns not to listen to Bevell when it comes to being a GM. The superbowl mistake is tough to look past. Hopefully Pete learns not to listen to Bevell when it comes to play calling.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
plyka":94sfjjeb said:
I somehow think that Bevell was responsible for the two biggest mistakes in Seahawks history, one of them being the #1 mistake in NFL history --the last play of the superbowl. The 2nd being Percy. Rice came over as well on a big contract. I can't help to think that Bevell was responsible for both since he was both of their offensive coordinators and probably felt comfortable with them.

I stand by the fact Bevell ruined the Harvin experiment and not Percy's attitude.

Super Bowl 49 should prove once and for all that Bevell is an idiot.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1edbhvkk said:
I stand by the fact Bevell ruined the Harvin experiment and not Percy's attitude.

Super Bowl 49 should prove once and for all that Bevell is an idiot.

What fact's that again? It was doomed from the start and it's on Pete.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":25upstud said:

Harvin was a cancer in Minnesota, Harvin was a cancer here............and Harvin's about to be cut in NY for being a brittle high maintenance underachiever not worth his salary.

So how again is all this Bevell's fault?

I don't care how talented a guy is, when a player refuses to go into a game like a little spoiled brat, he ceases to be a positive attribute to his team. In fact, that's the opposite of team.

All Bevell, Pete and Russell did was bend over backwards to integrate Percy into our offense, to the point where it actually HURT our offensive production.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
plyka":5jfhsrve said:
I somehow think that Bevell was responsible for the two biggest mistakes in Seahawks history, one of them being the #1 mistake in NFL history --the last play of the superbowl.
I'm guessing you think our biggest need is QB then.