Jim Harbaugh Says Ray McDonald Will Play On Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

4freakin9

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":vbg2nor3 said:
What a classless franchise.

Standing up for there player who is possibly being accused of a crime he didn't commit is sooooooo classless. :roll:

If he did actually assault his pregnant girlfriend Ray Rice style, CUT HIM IMMEDIATELY. After Harbaugh having talked to the other players at the party it seems pretty clear either everyone is lying to niners management or no domestic violence took place.

TAB420

Reaction score
4freakin9":2n5z0vns said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2n5z0vns said:

Standing up for there player who is possibly being accused of a crime he didn't commit is sooooooo classless. :roll:

If he did actually assault his pregnant girlfriend Ray Rice style, CUT HIM IMMEDIATELY. After Harbaugh having talked to the other players at the party it seems pretty clear either everyone is lying to niners management or no domestic violence took place.

So what has the Niner's done to any of these players who have gotten in trouble? Nothing. And then fans wonder why people are treating the 9er's franchise like the laughing stock of the NFL. If you're looking for someone to agree that this is being handled right, you're only going to find it in one place, and that's the webzone. Where the kool-aids always free.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
4freakin9":3kq7tanq said:
Sneaky Pete obviously has a bit more tolerance on cheating in his programs, its cool though cause hell just bolt when it blows up on his team like he has before.
Yeah, as evidenced by Carroll getting rid of every single player after they tested positive for PEDs, save one. Bruce Irvin. You can check that, next off-season after they got busted they were gone one way or another.

Laloosh

Reaction score
4freakin9":27d4t4z4 said:
hoxrox":27d4t4z4 said:
They are only above reproach or have "zero tolerance" when it doesn't involve key starters on their d-line. The fact that they played Aldon two days after his second DUI and now this sends the message that "winning at all costs" is more important than any high moral standard they had supposedly set for themselves.

The correct course of action would have been to bench the player at least one week until more "facts" are gathered as to how the woman got the bruises on her arms and neck... while, at the same time sending the message that they are, in fact, above reproach.

Suspending Ray for any length of time if he is innocent would be setting a horrible precedent in the NFL. How many more false accusations will be coming down the pipeline if that were to happen. Players shouldn't have to walk around on eggshells because any women could come along and claim domestic violence causing an automatic suspension. Visible injuries you say? Woman bruise very easily, plain and simple. My wife probably has 2 or 3 bruises from bumping into tables or whatnot simply because she bruises easily. Not to mention if my wife were to attack me, she would definitely end up getting bruised up trying to hit me while all I would be doing is defending myself. It just the difference between men and women, I wont likely bruise unless I'm hit by a car.

Does she run into coffee tables or hit you with her... neck?

chris98251

Reaction score
I will say this, my brothers wife's mom once took a coffee cup and punched herself in the face with it and called the cops and said he punched her, while in jail she moved everything out of the house, took the cars, emptied the account, and then filed for divorce, she bragged about it later.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":l2bldo4x said:
I will say this, my brothers wife's mom once took a coffee cup and punched herself in the face with it and called the cops and said he punched her, while in jail she moved everything out of the house, took the cars, emptied the account, and then filed for divorce, she bragged about it later.

Hell hath no fury...

Manbearpig99

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm wrong, but is there a multiple page thread calling for the Ravens to cut Rice?

Chris

mikeak

Reaction score
Issue is sit him now he gets paid and then gets the 6 game suspension later. So sit him for what a whole season until the courts have spoken and pay him in full then sit him 6 more games without pay later.

I don't see that they have much choice. If they could sit him w pay which would then be adjusted to wo pay if guilty then that would be the best. But how long should he sit according to you guys?

rideaducati

Reaction score
4freakin9":3tziwpfw said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3tziwpfw said:

The niner organization knows what happened because 75% of the team was there. They have heard what those players have had to say. Knowing this, they should speak out and/or act accordingly, but since it will hurt their chances of winning games, they have chosen to wait out the legal system. They are hoping that the DA assigned to his case doesn't already have season tickets and is a niner fan so they can get the whole thing swept under the rug like all the other things they've had swept away. They don't want to suspend him before they have to and they don't want to cut him because they know his replacement isn't ready to play. They are just buying time.

The Seahawks knew Marshawn was innocent and spoke out immediately. The niners know if McDonald is guilty or innocent, but have not spoken out...so I assume they know he is guilty and are praying that the charges get dropped. That way, they can claim to still be above reproach.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rideaducati":1u9a0p8p said:
The Seahawks knew Marshawn was innocent and spoke out immediately. The niners know if McDonald is guilty or innocent, but have not spoken out...so I assume they know he is guilty and are praying that the charges get dropped. That way, they can claim to still be above reproach.

Pretty much. But if you were the Niners wouldn't you do exactly the same thing? What do they have to lose? I just wonder how they are going to explain the neck bruises.

"Oh, that wasn't Ray, that was from my curling iron. No, I meant I attacked him by using the Chicken-Head and hit it on his hand" Just a misunderstanding. What a crazy day.

endzorn

Reaction score
I hate the Niners as much as anyone but it is flat out stupid to think he should be punished before his case is heard. Jesus Christ people. I know you guys want any advantage you can get but punishing people simply because they are convicted in the court of public opinion is asinine. If he did it then drop the hammer on his dumb ass, but suspending him now isn't fair at all.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The only way dude should be suspended is if he actually copped to the team that he did it. Otherwise just let it take its course. Sure, an employer has the right to do whatever it wants, but if they don't have any information it would be a slippery slope.

I get it.. no way is dude going to admit anything that could hurt his case, but if the facts come out later and the guy gets popped the Niners will claim deniability. Of course in that town it will never even make an arraignment. They seem to have some very cooperative judicial peeps.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
endzorn":1zth2g94 said:
I hate the Niners as much as anyone but it is flat out stupid to think he should be punished before his case is heard. Jesus Christ people. I know you guys want any advantage you can get but punishing people simply because they are convicted in the court of public opinion is asinine. If he did it then drop the hammer on his dumb ass, but suspending him now isn't fair at all.
I don't really care if he plays or not. Let due process take it's course, though my suspicions that anyone will cooperate with that course have been made plain.

I mostly just revel in Harbaugh looking like a buffoon. Whether it is being above reproach, the Niner way, or how he feels about a guy who lays his hands on a woman, he just looks like a moron if he talks about anything but the final score. And even then he can look pretty crazy, you jive turkey gobble gobble.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm fine with McDonald playing now because of what's currently publicly known about the situation, even though I feel like him being guilty of it has a very high probability at present.

It's Harbaugh opening his mouth about things and later being a hypocrite about it that irks me. His comments about being above reproach and about how any player hitting a woman would be done with his team are absolute statements that he's looking like a clown over nowadays, and they are entirely his own fault. So, no 49ers fans can get on Seahawks fans for smirking about it.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
These most recent comments by Harbaugh could come back to bite him ("I just feel like the way the facts are . . ."), especially in the eyes of domestic violence victim advocates. He's now thrown his lot in with a "man" who very well may have hit his pregnant fiancee and pulled her out of his house at 2AM. Every game he plays in could be forever tainted, and the same goes for Harbaugh's reputation.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Lets see Marvin starts his thread by changing the headlines from arrested for felony domestic violance to under suspicion for domestic despute.

Popeye had said to many times to count, light bruising when I have never seen any report anywhere stating the degree of bruising and now we have 4freakiner blaming the victim.

Yup pretty much sounds like the fan base is following suit. Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

Here is the thing I see. They lead the league for arrests since Harbaugh took over and many of these have been violent arrests as well as one of the most egregious with Brooks smashing bottles over team mates heads didn't even generate an arrest. This team is proving they are completely the opposite of above reproach and appear to believe they are above the law.

To me this wasn't even a difficult question. Under the circumstances with the information that has been leaked and given the track record of ignoring Brooks, Culliver and Smith, benching RM until they could confidently come out and say the believe the information is false was an absolute no brainer. At very least bench him this week against the weakest team in football and say it is to gather information. They could have used this game (being a gimme game) to try and look like they are doing the right thing. Then play him next week with an explanation they have reason to believe things are not as they appear. It would at least look like they care and if he does get convicted which is highly unlikely, they could hide behind the "well more information came out that we weren't aware of.

From what I have seen the team and FO are not willing to stick their necks out and support RM like the Seahawks did Lynch so ignoring the SEVERE bruising (why not use severe? Works for Popeye) on the victims neck and arms (for clarity to Niners fans, when I say victim I am referring to the pregnant woman not RM) and going on as if nothing has happened like they did with Smith, Culliver and Brooks is a testament to how shady and disgusting that organization and fan base really are.

And 4freaken9er. Your full of shit. I am a foot taller and 80 pounds heavier than my wife and as I have said before when we were young she would attack me relentlessly. Throw objects at me and has drawn blood on more than one occasion but I have never so much as once ever left a bruise on even her arms let alone her neck and I have had to restrain her many times.

Anyone who hides behind the legal system like the Niners and fans are now and hoping that information doesn't come out of what 99% likely happened is pure scum and you sir are setting a prime example of exactly that.

Sherminator

Reaction score
I'll settle this the way Harbs did

Who in here doesn't believe in due process?
Seriously

chris98251

Reaction score
Sherminator":iy0iyjl2 said:

Seriously

Oh you're using the bailout reasoning to deflect attention from the initial statements made. Thats cool, but what was said was said. If he said he spoke wrongly and that were above reproach based on the findings of due process I don't think he would be getting as much flack for how he took his position in things.

Sherminator

Reaction score
chris98251":wcbkv4zw said:
Sherminator":wcbkv4zw said:

Seriously

Oh you're using the bailout reasoning to deflect attention from the initial statements made. Thats cool, but what was said was said. If he said he spoke wrongly and that were above reproach based on the findings of due process I don't think he would be getting as much flack for how he took his position in things.

So was that a yes or no?
:D

chris98251

Reaction score
Sherminator":192und1a said:
chris98251":192und1a said:
Sherminator":192und1a said:

Seriously

So was that a yes or no?
:D

I answered it the way Harbs does.

Status
Not open for further replies.