Jim Harbaugh Says Ray McDonald Will Play On Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":2lfud0aw said:
Brahn":2lfud0aw said:
Marvin49":2lfud0aw said:
Wow...lots of peeps assuming guilt here.

Apparently an arrest is enough to convict in the court of public opinion.

If he did this, I want him to fry. If he did what Ray Rice did...I'd have castration on the table.

Cracks me up tho that nobody is willing to simply get the facts of the case before summarily passing judgment.

Never stopped the Niners fans from still claiming Lynch beat that lady (She made it up). Even though there was less evidence than with Ray.

When the cops are called to a house party at 3am because a woman has been "assaulted" and has visible marks, we need to wait.

When a guy bring guns illegally over state borders, we have to wait.

When a player tests positive for a PED, and is in appeal.. we jump to guilty

When a player is accused of "assaulting" a lady in a Seattle suburb with no visible marks.. we jump to guilty

Not saying this is what you have said Marvin just Niners fans in general. Must be a lot sweeter being on the side that is innocent until guilty all the time huh?

Oh please...

...don't act like everyone doesn't do the exact same thing here.

Is it sweet to be on the innocent until proven guilty side? Um, yeah. That's called America.

Oh please...

...stop acting like everyone else does the exact same thing here.

When you start using the excuse "everyone else does it" you might as well go ruin your credit, steal when no one is looking, and claim you are above reproach.

"Everyone else does it" - Criminal Battle Cry since 1457 BC

Marvin49

Reaction score
Brahn":2adfhx9s said:
Marvin49":2adfhx9s said:
Brahn":2adfhx9s said:
Marvin49":2adfhx9s said:

Apparently an arrest is enough to convict in the court of public opinion.

If he did this, I want him to fry. If he did what Ray Rice did...I'd have castration on the table.

Cracks me up tho that nobody is willing to simply get the facts of the case before summarily passing judgment.

Never stopped the Niners fans from still claiming Lynch beat that lady (She made it up). Even though there was less evidence than with Ray.

When the cops are called to a house party at 3am because a woman has been "assaulted" and has visible marks, we need to wait.

When a player is accused of "assaulting" a lady in a Seattle suburb with no visible marks.. we jump to guilty

Not saying this is what you have said Marvin just Niners fans in general. Must be a lot sweeter being on the side that is innocent until guilty all the time huh?

Oh please...

Is it sweet to be on the innocent until proven guilty side? Um, yeah. That's called America.

Oh please...

When you start using the excuse "everyone else does it" you might as well go ruin your credit, steal when no one is looking, and claim you are above reproach.

Dramatic much?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Mike Rosenberg ‏@RosenbergMerc · 2m
Just talked to #49ers Ray McDonald's mom: "Our son is not this vicious women beater he is portrayed to be.”

...again tho, what would you expect her to say.

Nice lady tho. Met her once. Monday Night football in 2010 vs. the Saints at Candlestick. I saw her and her husband (not Rays dad) wearing 91 jerseys and asked if they knew him. She told me who she was and was really nice the whole game.

I just hope she's right and this stuff isn't true.

Brahn

Reaction score
Brahn":2b32zuc9 said:
Marvin49":2b32zuc9 said:
Brahn":2b32zuc9 said:
Marvin49":2b32zuc9 said:

Oh please...

Oh please...

Dramatic much?

Deflect much? I mean, everyone else does it!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Brahn":1nnasnlh said:
Oh please...

That's the Niner Nation Special.

Marvin49

Reaction score
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts ... son-is-not

"My son -- listen to me now when I tell you this -- if they knew us and our son and the type of person he is, our son is not this vicious woman beater he is portrayed to be," LaBrina McDonald said during a phone call Wednesday from Florida, where she and her husband Ray Sr. live. "He comes from a very strong family -- very strong morals (and) upbringing."

The parents added in a joint statement: "We feel confident that the same information shared with the 49er organization, is the same information shared with us and that if and when ALL the information is released, everyone will then get the full story."

"Trust that if the 49er organization thought that even a smidgin (sic) of this was true, he would not have sniffed the field," LaBrina McDonald said on her Facebook page this month. She also praised coach Jim Harbaugh and General Manager Trent Baalke for "sending a message that negative public opinion will not sway them in doing the right thing when they know the true story."

Largent80

Reaction score
Maybe the 9ers are hoping McDonald views opposing players as pregnant girlfriends. So it's ok to play.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":76uq738u said:
RolandDeschain":76uq738u said:
Marvin, she had visible signs of abuse. Assuming they weren't self-inflicted and were, in fact, inflicted by McDonald, then the rest doesn't matter as far as court of public Seahawks.NET opinion goes; or any other forum's opinion, for that matter...Save perhaps your own fan base's.

All I've read that the police reported was "visible injury" and "light bruising". The neck bruising report did NOT come from the police and at this point is a rumor.

I've also read that she refused to be treated citing the pregnancy.

That's all we know. I'm not making any assumptions one way or the other. I have no clue how she obtained the bruising. Perhaps Ray was trying to get her to leave and she didn't want to. Perhaps he clocked her ALA Ray Rice.

At least Ray Rice tho was investigated. McDonald hasn't even been charged and people are assuming guilt in a system that requires an arrest if the police are called regardless of circumstance. People are assuming guilt with a one line statement from the police so far.

If he abused her, I want his a$$ gone. Done.

I just don't want to make any assumption that I know something nobody really knows and the only people who say they DO know have ulterior motives.

assuming guilt is one thing, but when you are on the line for domestic assault, its probably in the best interest of all to just take a Sunday off.

this is where the NFL (and in this case, the 49ers) separate themselves from reality. Its obvious something happened. the what if game can go forever here. but still, take a week, maybe two. get into a diversionary program. be contrite with your teammates. apologize to your wife. register for counseling. the basic minimum that normal people would start doing to get their life back on track if the cops showed up at their door to break up a domestic dispute.

But instead... "let him play until the cops charge him" seems to be the directive. you're encouraging it by taking a passive stance until it can be "proven", then trying to be super "man" with how tough you'd be after. Same as Harbaugh. its ridiculous. even worse, its complicit to criminal behavior and hypocritical to basic social norms. we let them get away with it because of the entertainment value they bring, toss in the basic "innocent until proven guilty" mantra, and simply pretend it has no impact on the league, its fanbase or anything else.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":vo12c34p said:
"Trust that if the 49er organization thought that even a smidgin (sic) of this was true, he would not have sniffed the field," LaBrina McDonald said on her Facebook page this month. She also praised coach Jim Harbaugh and General Manager Trent Baalke for "sending a message that negative public opinion will not sway them in doing the right thing when they know the true story."[/i]

Kind of like when Aldon Smith drove his SUV into a tree and woke up the neighborhood to the smell of burning rubber and chirping tires, yet he still played in the game a couple days later.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2el43i8g said:
Marvin49":2el43i8g said:
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_26505994/49ers-ray-mcdonalds-parents-say-son-is-not

"My son -- listen to me now when I tell you this -- if they knew us and our son and the type of person he is, our son is not this vicious woman beater he is portrayed to be," LaBrina McDonald said during a phone call Wednesday from Florida, where she and her husband Ray Sr. live. "He comes from a very strong family -- very strong morals (and) upbringing."

The parents added in a joint statement: "We feel confident that the same information shared with the 49er organization, is the same information shared with us and that if and when ALL the information is released, everyone will then get the full story."

"Trust that if the 49er organization thought that even a smidgin (sic) of this was true, he would not have sniffed the field," LaBrina McDonald said on her Facebook page this month. She also praised coach Jim Harbaugh and General Manager Trent Baalke for "sending a message that negative public opinion will not sway them in doing the right thing when they know the true story."

OMG, parents defending their child? That's proof of innocence right there!

"I tell you, my boy would never take those drugs or smoke that weed or do those terrible things!"

"No, all those bodies buried in the basement can't be his. He'd never do that!" (English Serial Killer's mother)

Parents on children is the weakest argument a person can ever make.

But don't worry... he'll get away with it. He has too many teammates present to back him up. He could have knocked her to the ground and beat her for unconscious for ten minutes and he'd still get away with it. It's like this: if there were Ravens present in that hotel and saw what Rice did, they would have taken those tapes made up a story to protect him and the truth would never have seen the light of day.

It could care less what 49er is or is not suspended or gets away with what, the pattern by now is obvious. I'm just glad it's not my team that is full of these types of players anymore. I used to hate the fact that Leroy Hill stuck around as long as he did...

Who said it was proof? The only one making an assumption here is you.

Marvin49

Reaction score
...another quote from Rays momma...

“It's not true and it will all come out. The ‘process’ we're trying to respect has not been very forthcoming and it's becoming very taxing. When the police department dangled 'there were injuries' out as their official statement mid week but didn't explain how they occurred... Trust us if he was this vicious person, they would have been glad to release the details of how the 'injuries' occurred, knowing that he was scheduled to play. He's a public figure and the longer this looms without providing the facts, the worse it is on him. Somethings gonna give or we'll force it.”

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":2v7v47zf said:

“It's not true and it will all come out. The ‘process’ we're trying to respect has not been very forthcoming and it's becoming very taxing. When the police department dangled 'there were injuries' out as their official statement mid week but didn't explain how they occurred... Trust us if he was this vicious person, they would have been glad to release the details of how the 'injuries' occurred, knowing that he was scheduled to play. He's a public figure and the longer this looms without providing the facts, the worse it is on him. Somethings gonna give or we'll force it.”

Marv, if you've heard what the injuries are from, why not share? Most of us are capable of reasoned thinking despite the fun we've had with you.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":323c355w said:

With the HUUGE caveat that a mother is of course going to defend her son and can't imagine he'd do such a thing, I gotta say, her comments come off as abnormally pointed, direct, and informed in the genre of these types of parental defenses. That they also fit McDonald's comments, the team's comments at all three levels (Harbaugh, Baalke, and York), and in particular Goodell's very weird public reversal of stance adds to my still burgeoning belief that there might be more to this story.

Yet as you pointed out, if there's more to this story, from a basic human perspective, it might be more troubling than if what we've been assuming is actually true (which is ultimately pretty clean: he's a monster, sh!tcan him).

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":1v48dcnx said:
Marv, if you've heard what the injuries are from, why not share? Most of us are capable of reasoned thinking despite the fun we've had with you.

I have absolutely zero knowledge of what Marvin has once or twice alluded to and I have no idea whatsoever if it's just rumor-mongering among 9ers homers or actually true, but in my reading of the tea leaves I've guessed that it's not about where her injuries came from, but about if she is or is not pregnant.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3bll5b2u said:
Marvin49":3bll5b2u said:

I don't know anything in regards to injuries.

I heard a rumor about her condition (not talking about injuries) when Ray was arrested and the reason she may have not wanted to be seen by a physician.

Again PURELY a rumor. NOTHING to back it up which is why I haven't said anything. I don't want to further that if there is nothing to it. The last thing I want to do is put the victim on trial.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ervxnuk said:
Translation: Anyone can be paid off, and the judge will look the other way.......go Santa Clara

...clearly the only way to view the situation.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":139i95i4 said:
Laloosh":139i95i4 said:
Marvin49":139i95i4 said:

I heard a rumor about her condition (not talking about injuries) when Ray was arrested and the reason she may have not wanted to be seen by a physician.

Again PURELY a rumor. NOTHING to back it up which is why I haven't said anything. I don't want to further that if there is nothing to it.

So the rumor is that she might not be pregnant because she refused medical care?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1iswc3uf said:
Marvin49":1iswc3uf said:
Laloosh":1iswc3uf said:
Marvin49":1iswc3uf said:

Again PURELY a rumor. NOTHING to back it up which is why I haven't said anything. I don't want to further that if there is nothing to it.

So the rumor is that she might not be pregnant because she refused medical care?

No. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.