Jim Harbaugh Says Ray McDonald Will Play On Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
It would be a tremendous heart stomping of the digit fans in attendance if Dallas finds a way to win this!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sherminator":wm1ma6z6 said:
I'll settle this the way Harbs did

Who in here doesn't believe in due process?
Seriously

Seriously I can say that the due process is sometimes compromised and recent events in the Bay area don't suggest otherwise.

Why is it that initial reports of Aldon's arrest for his last DUI reported their was Pot found along with perscription drugs that were not his and then suddenly the information changes? What was really found? And what became of the perscription drugs?

Brooks had signed statements, a weapon (the beer bottle) a victim (with stitches) who also gave a statement. The DA's office printed up an arrest warrant but before they could serve it were stopped by someone apparently above the DA stating lack of evidence.

How is there lack of evidence? Multiple signed statements, blood and stitches along with medical reports and a statement from the victim and somehow they say they don't have enough evidence? Do they need video or have to be present?

This latest thing with RM for whatever reason this time they say they won't release the police report? Why? Again there is a victim with visible bruising who called 911. Yet for some reason keeping the information hush hush seems like the smart thing to do.

Your teams ownership also has a history with bribing government officials and uncle Eddie has a felony conviction on his resume. If not for turning squeeler and helping Louisiana conduct an investigation on the Governor he was bribing he would have served significant jail time and he only did that to avoid jail time.

You have had 10 arrests in 3 years. More than any other team in the league and that doesn't even include Brooks should have been assault. This isn't a one time event it is a pattern.

Your fan base was calling for Goodell to take action when we had a rash of PED violations and have not let up in the slightest (as attested above from 4freaken9er) about accusing of being cheaters. Why aren't you calling for Goodell to take action against your team? Why aren't you calling your team and players a criminal organization that has convictions, lost draft picks for CHEATING on multiple occasions and constantly has people still getting arrested at a higher rate than any team in the league?

Seattle has cleaned up the PED issues and gotten rid of every single player except one for using them. This was also going on when the system was new and the opportunity to make the roster was much more likely than anywhere in the league. The pattern in hind sight was fairly obvious and looks like it has been handled.

The pattern your team is on appears to be being prompted by the actions of the coaching staff and FO. What has your team done to prevent these things from continuing to happen? You should ask have their actions dome the opposite because to anyone not a Niner fan it is pretty obvious this isn't just a run of bad luck.

Who is to say your FO/ownership isn't paying off the drug testers to prevent positive tests? It's not like your players haven't been smoking pot. That is pretty obvious yet no one ever pops positive. Kind of curious IMO.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
OkieHawk":yczwym4q said:
Not really surprised by this. I mean, it's not like Harbaugh would actually keep his word about his view on men who beat women. Clearly he meant every word on how someone who does that is done in his book. :roll:
It's not like it has been established that anyone actually beat a woman. Could have been that she attacked him in a drunken rage and he was just restraining her. Could be someone else hit her. I don't see how it is right to bench a player because he was ACCUSED of something before all of the evidence has actually been looked at.

But that's me. Maybe you think intuition is more trustworthy than objective facts.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3ma2iyuf said:
OkieHawk":3ma2iyuf said:
Not really surprised by this. I mean, it's not like Harbaugh would actually keep his word about his view on men who beat women. Clearly he meant every word on how someone who does that is done in his book. :roll:
It's not like it has been established that anyone actually beat a woman. Could have been that she attacked him in a drunken rage and he was just restraining her. Could be someone else hit her. I don't see how it is right to bench a player because he was ACCUSED of something before all of the evidence has actually been looked at.

But that's me. Maybe you think intuition is more trustworthy than objective facts.

And the very next Niner to post minimizes and accuses the Victim. Again for Niner fans, the victim is the pregnant woman, not Ray.

How is it more likely that a pregnant woman went off in a drunken rage? Pregnant and all. Where are the 911 tapes? Why is the investigation being so hush hush? Seems pretty obvious to anyone not a Niner if they arrested Ray for FELONY DV and there wasn't any indication the pregnant woman was the instigator that information would already have come out. You don't arrest someone and then hide it if the woman was the instigator.

Why book him on felony and not misdemeanor? Seems the initial investigation looks much worse than Niner fans want to believe.

This is pretty obvious that the Niner FO is trying to find out if they can hush this and make it go away. Don't be surprised when the 911 tapes suddenly go missing.

SupersonicSeahawkz

Reaction score
Due process, my ass. The 49ers are not a court of law, they are not a state agency. The nfl by collective bargaining agreement must wait for due process. But the team has ways of sending a message, like leaving him inactive and leaving him in SF. Example Miami with the incognito case, teams can discipline their players..

Most of us played some sort of little league ball or pop Warner, when kids do something wrong, they get suspended or kicked off the team, because it is the right thing to do. Due process is an excuse to delay punishment and hopefully win games while they get a free pass. These things are what what uphold a stable and and civil organization. When things are left to others and not being taken care of internally by the higher ups, it trickles down to the entire team and teaches the players, do whatever you want, we are going to let you play until they force us to punish you. This is what the 49ere have become. A Group of individuals letting other people decide how they should behave, because they don't need to be accountable for their choices because they know the 49ers don't want to discipline their players. 49ers aren't getting arrested because people are out to get them, they are getting arrested because they know when they go to work in Santa Clara that the 49ers aren't going to do shit to them, well only if you bad mouth the organization then they will cut you if your a fringe player.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Since the other thread is dead...

....for what its worth...

Mike Rosenberg ‏@RosenbergMerc · 22m
"It's not true and it will all come out." - #49ers Ray McDonald's mom.

...not that I'd expect her to say anything else.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SupersonicSeahawkz":diu3az9h said:
Due process, my ass. The 49ers are not a court of law, they are not a state agency. The nfl by collective bargaining agreement must wait for due process. But the team has ways of sending a message, like leaving him inactive and leaving him in SF. Example Miami with the incognito case, teams can discipline their players..

Most of us played some sort of little league ball or pop Warner, when kids do something wrong, they get suspended or kicked off the team, because it is the right thing to do. Due process is an excuse to delay punishment and hopefully win games while they get a free pass. These things are what what uphold a stable and and civil organization. When things are left to others and not being taken care of internally by the higher ups, it trickles down to the entire team and teaches the players, do whatever you want, we are going to let you play until they force us to punish you. This is what the 49ere have become. A Group of individuals letting other people decide how they should behave, because they don't need to be accountable for their choices because they know the 49ers don't want to discipline their players. 49ers aren't getting arrested because people are out to get them, they are getting arrested because they know when they go to work in Santa Clara that the 49ers aren't going to do shit to them, well only if you bad mouth the organization then they will cut you if your a fringe player.

You are free to think what you think, but IMO I think the Niners think he's innocent. They don't want to come out and say that, but my guess is after talking with Ray McDonald and the other players at the party they think he didn't do anything.

If they knew NOTHING and were taking this "Due Process" stance, then I'd agree it's dubious at best. I think they know something tho and are simply letting the process play out.

Feel free to judge. Just my opinion based on their behavior.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1gxksnve said:
Popeye had said to many times to count, light bruising when I have never seen any report anywhere stating the degree of bruising and now we have 4freakiner blaming the victim.

Uhh, is two times now "to [sic] many times to count"?

It was in one of the initial summaries of the police report. Likewise the two times I've used the term:

1) One time was to say that in my book any bruising at all on someone's neck is a non-starter, regardless of how severe.

2) The other time was to say that I did not trust the qualifier of "light" given that I don't know her background (my exact quote was "If she's dark-skinned and the cop isn't black, it would be far from the first time that a doltish cop accidentally understated the extent of bruising on a woman's body.")

TBH I didn't bother reading the rest of your post, but if you wouldn't mind refraining from lying about me while making posts like this, it would be much appreciated. :th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Wow...lots of peeps assuming guilt here.

Apparently an arrest is enough to convict in the court of public opinion.

If he did this, I want him to fry. If he did what Ray Rice did...I'd have castration on the table.

Cracks me up tho that nobody is willing to simply get the facts of the case before summarily passing judgment.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin, she had visible signs of abuse. Assuming they weren't self-inflicted and were, in fact, inflicted by McDonald, then the rest doesn't matter as far as court of public Seahawks.NET opinion goes; or any other forum's opinion, for that matter...Save perhaps your own fan base's.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":20r2bz6i said:
Marvin, she had visible signs of abuse. Assuming they weren't self-inflicted and were, in fact, inflicted by McDonald, then the rest doesn't matter as far as court of public Seahawks.NET opinion goes; or any other forum's opinion, for that matter...Save perhaps your own fan base's.

All I've read that the police reported was "visible injury" and "light bruising". The neck bruising report did NOT come from the police and at this point is a rumor.

I've also read that she refused to be treated citing the pregnancy.

That's all we know. I'm not making any assumptions one way or the other. I have no clue how she obtained the bruising. Perhaps Ray was trying to get her to leave and she didn't want to. Perhaps he clocked her ALA Ray Rice.

At least Ray Rice tho was investigated. McDonald hasn't even been charged and people are assuming guilt in a system that requires an arrest if the police are called regardless of circumstance. People are assuming guilt with a one line statement from the police so far.

If he abused her, I want his a$$ gone. Done.

I just don't want to make any assumption that I know something nobody really knows and the only people who say they DO know have ulterior motives.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think 99% of the people in this thread have not passed judgement on McDonald, yet. It looks bad, and we're making some basic assumptions, but I think virtually all of us are ready to SIDE with McDonald and throw the woman in front of a bus if it comes out that her injuries were self-inflicted and he never touched her. I know that would be MY stance if that turns out to be the case, anyway.

Your vehement posting in this thread is, I think, actually making people toy with you a bit about it, Marvin. ;)

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":12qp6ze4 said:
I think 99% of the people in this thread have not passed judgement on McDonald, yet. It looks bad, and we're making some basic assumptions, but I think virtually all of us are ready to SIDE with McDonald and throw the woman in front of a bus if it comes out that her injuries were self-inflicted and he never touched her. I know that would be MY stance if that turns out to be the case, anyway.

Your vehement posting in this thread is, I think, actually making people toy with you a bit about it, Marvin. ;)

I don't doubt it one bit. :D

I dunno...as much as I don't want to believe that Ray hit her...I also don't want to believe anyone would intentionally injure themselves to get someone in trouble. In fact...that's almost worse.

My hope is that there is some other explanation...and I can say I've heard some things, but as I've said before, I don't want to lend voice to them until there is more info to support them. All I will say is that the rumor is centered around why she denied treatment and I'll leave it at that.

SupersonicSeahawkz

Reaction score
Don't you find it interesting that when marshawn thing came out, the Seattle team announced that the accusation was bogus and they figured out what was the deal.

So why would Seattle do this, and not SF if you think the 49ers think he is innocent? If aldon smith and Ray Mac had sat out for one game as "punishment" it would show the public that they have some sort of conduct policy. Fans in general would go, see they tried to discipline him, while others would say that is an admission of guilt, but those people would think he was guilty regardless.
Seattle players know, if you get suspended, your not going to be playing for them very long.

Hawks46

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":iexb1to5 said:
So if this was a Hawk you'd be ok with him being benched until DA decision, trial, etc.?

Most of this is just sarcasm aimed at Harbaugh. Our players were getting popped for Adderall, Niners are getting popped for felony gun charges, DWI, domestic abuse, etc.

Most Niners fans hate Pete Carroll, call him a cheat and worse. Carroll is classy enough to not say anything about his peers (other coaches), while Harbaugh is a juvenile jackass who popped off about his squad being "above reproach". This is all karma brought about by that statement.

That about cover it for ya ?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Somebody should find that article about how Sherman wanted to go for another score late in the game and go for two point when we stomped Kaepernick in his first Clink appearance in late 2012, and Pete told him that's not who we are.

Carroll's far classier than all the "OH MY GOD REGGIE BUSH TOOK MONEY FROM A GUY HE KNEW YEARS BEFORE ENTERING COLLEGE WHICH MAKES PETE CARROLL A HORRIBLE CHEATER" people would care to admit.

If someone called me a cheater because it's my poker game when someone at the table got caught cheating, I'd throw their ass out along with the cheater. Just sayin'.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
You have to feel sad for the San Francisco Crimi-niners.
Seattle has been hitting them so hard they are displacing anger in their personal lives.
Show them poise Harbaugh!!. Poise....

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":2343ttjx said:

If he did this, I want him to fry. If he did what Ray Rice did...I'd have castration on the table.

Cracks me up tho that nobody is willing to simply get the facts of the case before summarily passing judgment.

Never stopped the Niners fans from still claiming Lynch beat that lady (She made it up). Even though there was less evidence than with Ray.

When the cops are called to a house party at 3am because a woman has been "assaulted" and has visible marks, we need to wait.

When a guy bring guns illegally over state borders, we have to wait.

When a player tests positive for a PED, and is in appeal.. we jump to guilty

When a player is accused of "assaulting" a lady in a Seattle suburb with no visible marks.. we jump to guilty

Not saying this is what you have said Marvin just Niners fans in general. Must be a lot sweeter being on the side that is innocent until guilty all the time huh?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Brahn":3pa45th8 said:
Marvin49":3pa45th8 said:

Never stopped the Niners fans from still claiming Lynch beat that lady (She made it up). Even though there was less evidence than with Ray.

When the cops are called to a house party at 3am because a woman has been "assaulted" and has visible marks, we need to wait.

When a guy bring guns illegally over state borders, we have to wait.

When a player tests positive for a PED, and is in appeal.. we jump to guilty

When a player is accused of "assaulting" a lady in a Seattle suburb with no visible marks.. we jump to guilty

Not saying this is what you have said Marvin just Niners fans in general. Must be a lot sweeter being on the side that is innocent until guilty all the time huh?

Oh please...

...don't act like everyone doesn't do the exact same thing here.

Is it sweet to be on the innocent until proven guilty side? Um, yeah. That's called America.

Status
Not open for further replies.