Jimmy Graham RUMORS

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
chris98251":11u85yre said:
Montana worries about losing 10 TD's, I'm more optimistic about scoring much, much more in quarters 1 - 3 then 10 TD's.

What is your basis for that optimism?

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1flu2nv1 said:
chris98251":1flu2nv1 said:
Montana worries about losing 10 TD's, I'm more optimistic about scoring much, much more in quarters 1 - 3 then 10 TD's.

What is your basis for that optimism?

A better scheme, and a better O line Coach, and a OC that knows how to use his personnel.

Not to mention were going to have to be more aggressive on offense with the future of the defense having to get up to the level they need to be. Were going to be losing some people, who is a question mark still.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2e71385z said:
MontanaHawk05":2e71385z said:
GeekHawk":2e71385z said:
MontanaHawk05":2e71385z said:
We're going to miss those ten touchdowns.

You keep saying this. Like another tight end can't catch any touchdowns or something. Or like a true blocking tight end won't allow the WRs to catch an additional 20 touchdowns. Just "OMG Graham caught 10 TDs and nobody else in the world could ever do such a thing!"

Only three people in the league did it last year. I think five each year do it annually on average or something.

Also, we're probably jettisoning Paul Richardson's six touchdowns, so factor that in.

And finally, remember that even if we do (despite somehow being cash-strapped and pick-strapped) somehow recover those 16 TD's, that only gets us back to the level of our 2017 offense - which we all agree wasn't enough.

Didn't you hear, we're going back to running the ball to make up for all these lost TD's..................with no RB, no blocking TE, terrible blocking WR's and a horrible O-line.

We have no idea how good or bad the oline is or will be. You cannot go by what Fable put on the field, that is for damn sure. Only thing you can count on is, he brought out the worst in everyone.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":gj0uuw8i said:
Now that we have a new OC, If we start intelligently using a passing tight end that is not Jimmy G. and he's gone from Seattle, I'm going to put a proverbial gun in my mouth thinking about what could have been.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Why miss a non blocking TE the Hawks could never use right?
He dropped enough passes and he took plays off ..
There are ways to cover losing him such as running better
and resting the D more..This leads to all good things

Gio

Reaction score
I'd be totally fine with Cameron Brate. If we sign him

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":wtehax7u said:
Sgt. Largent":wtehax7u said:
MontanaHawk05":wtehax7u said:
GeekHawk":wtehax7u said:
You keep saying this. Like another tight end can't catch any touchdowns or something. Or like a true blocking tight end won't allow the WRs to catch an additional 20 touchdowns. Just "OMG Graham caught 10 TDs and nobody else in the world could ever do such a thing!"

Only three people in the league did it last year. I think five each year do it annually on average or something.

Also, we're probably jettisoning Paul Richardson's six touchdowns, so factor that in.

And finally, remember that even if we do (despite somehow being cash-strapped and pick-strapped) somehow recover those 16 TD's, that only gets us back to the level of our 2017 offense - which we all agree wasn't enough.

Didn't you hear, we're going back to running the ball to make up for all these lost TD's..................with no RB, no blocking TE, terrible blocking WR's and a horrible O-line.

We have no idea how good or bad the oline is or will be. You cannot go by what Fable put on the field, that is for damn sure. Only thing you can count on is, he brought out the worst in everyone.

Right now our starting O-line is Brown (if he doesn't hold out again), ???? at left guard, Britt, Pocic and Ifedi.

I don't care if the ghost of Vince Lombardi has risen from the grave and is now our O-line coach, that's not a good line.

I HOPE Solari with HOPEFULLY some free agent guard and/or tackle help will mean some improvement. But that's all you're peddling right now Seymour..............hope.

Gio

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17g8rs7q said:
Seymour":17g8rs7q said:
Sgt. Largent":17g8rs7q said:
MontanaHawk05":17g8rs7q said:

Right now our starting O-line is Brown (if he doesn't hold out again), ???? at left guard, Britt, Pocic and Ifedi.

I don't care if the ghost of Vince Lombardi has risen from the grave and is now our O-line coach, that's not a good line.

I HOPE Solari with HOPEFULLY some free agent guard and/or tackle help will mean some improvement. But that's all you're peddling right now Seymour..............hope.

no chance they draft an OL ?

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":35ex7617 said:
Seymour":35ex7617 said:
Sgt. Largent":35ex7617 said:
MontanaHawk05":35ex7617 said:

I never said they were good. I said wait, you've been listening to Fables. You said Horrible, I said Fable was in charge and we don't know. There is some middle ground between Good and Horrible.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1noop5ga said:
I never said they were good. I said wait, you've been listening to Fables. You said Horrible, I said Fable was in charge and we don't know. There is some middle ground between Good and Horrible.

Below average, mediocre, horrible, it's all semantics. It's mediocre at best, and horrible at worst.

Either way, as with every other position group this O-line is nowhere near at the level it needs to be for Solari to greatly improve the line, even if you think Cable stunk.

To bring it all back around to why Graham isn't coming back, and we're shopping every good player we have.............we're in BIG trouble all over the place, and desperately need picks and cap space to address major needs.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":tn6g1iha said:
Seymour":tn6g1iha said:

Below average, mediocre, horrible, it's all semantics. It's mediocre at best, and horrible at worst.

Either way, as with every other position group this O-line is nowhere near at the level it needs to be for Solari to greatly improve the line, even if you think Cable stunk.

To bring it all back around to why Graham isn't coming back, and we're shopping every good player we have.............we're in BIG trouble all over the place, and desperately need picks and cap space to address major needs.

Major needs created by...the departure of the players we're shopping.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1masy4sr said:
Sgt. Largent":1masy4sr said:
Seymour":1masy4sr said:

It was created by;

- an aging defense that can't stay healthy
- drafting Malik and not Cam Robinson, which created a need to give up not only a 2nd rounder for Richardson, but a 3rd rounder for Brown when Fant got hurt

So if you want to keep Bennett, Earl and Sherman Montana, then please tell me how we're going to address;

- RB
- TE
- LB
- Strong Safety
- O-line
- WR

There literally isn't a position group that doesn't need help, and you think we can do that with no cap space and no 2nd and 3rd round picks?

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2so67cm5 said:
Sgt. Largent":2so67cm5 said:
Seymour":2so67cm5 said:

Graham isn't being shopped. He is a free agent.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1fy6khl6 said:
MontanaHawk05":1fy6khl6 said:
Now that we have a new OC, If we start intelligently using a passing tight end that is not Jimmy G. and he's gone from Seattle, I'm going to put a proverbial gun in my mouth thinking about what could have been.

It’s a scary thought.

Lose JG but gain an OC that knows how to use him.

There will be plenty of us that will be going insane.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He'll be in Houston, New Orleans or New England next year methinks.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Any free agents that we get on offense are going to be guys familiar with Schottenheimer and Solari.

If you're a player and money is about on par with multiple offers, do you go with something you're familiar with or do you go with the rebooting offense?

You could reason things like this in a lot of ways, including the opposite of what I just did, but don't forget that Jimmy would have to agree to it too. That said, do we have to overpay to keep him here in what je likely perceives as a less than ideal sitiation with the new offense? Does he still somehow think this is the best place for him?

All I'm saying is that fans and maddeneers alike forget these aren't programmable assets when it comes to their FREE AGENCY.

You're Jimmy....why play in Seattle?

getnasty

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham had 10 touchdowns in 13 games last season, zero in the first 4. Without Graham I'm not sure were able to score from the one yard line but at the same time with any running game at all he might only have 5 touchdowns last year. Tough to replace the talent but should be doable with a run game.

hawkman

Reaction score
I sure hope they can find a way to keep him. You don’t let your one true star on O walk and get better.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":k3nukru3 said:
MontanaHawk05":k3nukru3 said:
GeekHawk":k3nukru3 said:
MontanaHawk05":k3nukru3 said:

Yeah, I really think some are over-exaggerating the loss of Jimmy and Paul. We still have Russell Wilson and the OL damn well better improve under Solari. We also had ONE RB rushing TD. That's far more of an outlier than Jimmy's 10 TDs were. If the running game is even average, we can get 11 RB rushing TDs and that makes up the difference there. If the running game is good, we can get 15+ RB rushing TDs. We have Darboh, hopefully he can get on the field more and get us some TDs. If the line holds up, Wilson stays healthy, and the offensive system is good, I'm not worried.