Jimmy Graham RUMORS

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The Seahawks need to get Russell Wilson some pass catchers.

Or we will be complaining ad nauseum about 3rd downs and red zone.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018[b:3mjdss2e said:
":3mjdss2e]The Seahawks need to get Russell Wilson some pass catchers.[/b]
This is an old cliche..
They need a RUN game or they are screwed!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3m1ecnq9 said:
hawknation2018[b:3m1ecnq9 said:
":3m1ecnq9]The Seahawks need to get Russell Wilson some pass catchers.[/b]
This is an old cliche..
They need a RUN game or they are screwed!

That too.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
adeltaY":15x6vnyj said:
Sgt. Largent":15x6vnyj said:
MontanaHawk05":15x6vnyj said:
GeekHawk":15x6vnyj said:
You keep saying this. Like another tight end can't catch any touchdowns or something. Or like a true blocking tight end won't allow the WRs to catch an additional 20 touchdowns. Just "OMG Graham caught 10 TDs and nobody else in the world could ever do such a thing!"

Only three people in the league did it last year. I think five each year do it annually on average or something.

Also, we're probably jettisoning Paul Richardson's six touchdowns, so factor that in.

And finally, remember that even if we do (despite somehow being cash-strapped and pick-strapped) somehow recover those 16 TD's, that only gets us back to the level of our 2017 offense - which we all agree wasn't enough.

Didn't you hear, we're going back to running the ball to make up for all these lost TD's..................with no RB, no blocking TE, terrible blocking WR's and a horrible O-line.

Yeah, I really think some are over-exaggerating the loss of Jimmy and Paul. We still have Russell Wilson and the OL damn well better improve under Solari. We also had ONE RB rushing TD. That's far more of an outlier than Jimmy's 10 TDs were. If the running game is even average, we can get 11 RB rushing TDs and that makes up the difference there. If the running game is good, we can get 15+ RB rushing TDs. We have Darboh, hopefully he can get on the field more and get us some TDs. If the line holds up, Wilson stays healthy, and the offensive system is good, I'm not worried.

Three "ifs" and a "hopefully" do not make up a good offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkman":2qr0lm71 said:
I sure hope they can find a way to keep him. You don’t let your one true star on O walk and get better.

One true star, guess Wilson and Baldwin got traded when I wasn't looking, Graham pulled his evade defender route running except when in the End Zone last year, lots of that is Bevells Route trees and play calls, he was always much more productive running the seam and playing off the double out with him going for the post and another receiver taking the out or crossing route.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1fejkng5 said:
We're going to miss those ten touchdowns.

Bookmark this prediction: we will score more total TDs next year than last year.

12forlife

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":1l6yq281 said:
Jimmy Graham was awesome for the Seahawks and added something everyone complained about before...Redzone TDs.

Wilson to Graham was a pitch and catch TD almost every time and now people are acting like that is easy to replace.

Please do a little research before you fly off the handle. Look at who those 10 TD's were scored against, most all of them were inferior Defenses. Jimmy just doesn't fit into our system, not a bad dude, but this team clicks better with a blocking TE with the ability to pass catch. We need a Z Miller 2.0

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We don't use a TE, just put in Fant as a 6th lineman.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":tpohzo6p said:
Sgt. Largent":tpohzo6p said:
MontanaHawk05":tpohzo6p said:
GeekHawk":tpohzo6p said:
You keep saying this. Like another tight end can't catch any touchdowns or something. Or like a true blocking tight end won't allow the WRs to catch an additional 20 touchdowns. Just "OMG Graham caught 10 TDs and nobody else in the world could ever do such a thing!"

Only three people in the league did it last year. I think five each year do it annually on average or something.

Also, we're probably jettisoning Paul Richardson's six touchdowns, so factor that in.

And finally, remember that even if we do (despite somehow being cash-strapped and pick-strapped) somehow recover those 16 TD's, that only gets us back to the level of our 2017 offense - which we all agree wasn't enough.

Didn't you hear, we're going back to running the ball to make up for all these lost TD's..................with no RB, no blocking TE, terrible blocking WR's and a horrible O-line.

Yeah, I really think some are over-exaggerating the loss of Jimmy and Paul. We still have Russell Wilson and the OL damn well better improve under Solari. We also had ONE RB rushing TD. That's far more of an outlier than Jimmy's 10 TDs were. If the running game is even average, we can get 11 RB rushing TDs and that makes up the difference there. If the running game is good, we can get 15+ RB rushing TDs. We have Darboh, hopefully he can get on the field more and get us some TDs. If the line holds up, Wilson stays healthy, and the offensive system is good, I'm not worried.

I'm not knocking the getting back to the run game, I agree with that philosophy.

But last time we were a dominate running team we had a HOF running back in his prime, a younger Russell, a great blocking TE and an above average O-line.

So just changing over our line coach and coordinator without some drastic changes to personnel me thinks isn't going to return us to being a dominant kick ass running football team.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4nl0fyl5 said:
adeltaY":4nl0fyl5 said:
Sgt. Largent":4nl0fyl5 said:
MontanaHawk05":4nl0fyl5 said:

I'm not knocking the getting back to the run game, I agree with that philosophy.

But last time we were a dominate running team we had a HOF running back in his prime, a younger Russell, a great blocking TE and an above average O-line

So just changing over our line coach and coordinator without some drastic changes to personnel me thinks isn't going to return us to being a dominant kick ass running football team.

We don't need a "dominant" run game. We need a threat of a running game and breaking one and improvement. It doesn't have to be 2013 good to get there. Also, the "above average oline" was 32nd in pass blocking in 2013. So that is very debatable as well even if they were good at run blocking.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":35yq6u6z said:
We don't need a "dominant" run game. We need a threat of a running game and breaking one and improvement. It doesn't have to be 2013 good to get there. Also, the "above average oline" was 32nd in pass blocking in 2013. So that is very debatable as well even if they were good at run blocking.

I meant above average run blocking, that's why everyone gushed all over Cable in the beginning. That was his jam.

Now we know it was more Russell, Marshawn and a nasty run blocking O-line with a great run bocking TE, and not so much Cable.

My point is I hope people aren't getting their hopes up that Solari and Schottenheimer will fix this run game, because there's a LOT of issues right now. RB, O-line, WR and TE, take your pick.

I like the coaching moves, it was time to move on from Bevell and Cable. But IMO this is gonna take a few years until we get a functional O-line and dependable RB that can stay healthy.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3w2v6fxl said:
Seymour":3w2v6fxl said:

I meant above average run blocking, that's why everyone gushed all over Cable in the beginning. That was his jam.

Now we know it was more Russell, Marshawn and a nasty run blocking O-line with a great run bocking TE, and not so much Cable.

My point is I hope people aren't getting their hopes up that Solari and Schottenheimer will fix this run game, because there's a LOT of issues right now. RB, O-line, WR and TE, take your pick.

I like the coaching moves, it was time to move on from Bevell and Cable. But IMO this is gonna take a few years until we get a functional O-line and dependable RB that can stay healthy.

We agree on that for sure. That is exactly why I'm not worried about losing guys like Graham and even Bennett. By the time we really need them and are ready to compete again, they will be near finished anyway.

hawkman

Reaction score
chris98251":3qwr14qd said:
hawkman":3qwr14qd said:
I sure hope they can find a way to keep him. You don’t let your one true star on O walk and get better.

One true star, guess Wilson and Baldwin got traded when I wasn't looking, Graham pulled his evade defender route running except when in the End Zone last year, lots of that is Bevells Route trees and play calls, he was always much more productive running the seam and playing off the double out with him going for the post and another receiver taking the out or crossing route.

I consider a true star to be a guy that is top three maybe top five in the league at his position. While Wilson and Baldwin are good they are not that level of good.

Ozzy

Reaction score
After listening to Ray Roberts interview where he was absolutely baffled by what Cable was having guys do I'm holding out hope, at least a little hope, that the line will be improved with Solari doing a much better job. Reading between the lines with Roberts he was shocked at what Cable was having the guys do. It seems like once the rule change took place Cable couldn't adapt with it and really held the line back.

Hoping they get a guy like Wynn in the draft, you already have Brown, Britt is ok and maybe Ifedi is used correctly as he was a guy that Roberts seemed confident could do a much better job with a different coach. It's a long shot but I'm a little optimistic.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1lwx699y said:
Sgt. Largent":1lwx699y said:
Seymour":1lwx699y said:
I never said they were good. I said wait, you've been listening to Fables. You said Horrible, I said Fable was in charge and we don't know. There is some middle ground between Good and Horrible.

Below average, mediocre, horrible, it's all semantics. It's mediocre at best, and horrible at worst.

Either way, as with every other position group this O-line is nowhere near at the level it needs to be for Solari to greatly improve the line, even if you think Cable stunk.

To bring it all back around to why Graham isn't coming back, and we're shopping every good player we have.............we're in BIG trouble all over the place, and desperately need picks and cap space to address major needs.

Major needs created by...the departure of the players we're shopping.

This lol

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
austinslater25":z0z6hugl said:
After listening to Ray Roberts interview where he was absolutely baffled by what Cable was having guys do I'm holding out hope, at least a little hope, that the line will be improved with Solari doing a much better job. Reading between the lines with Roberts he was shocked at what Cable was having the guys do. It seems like once the rule change took place Cable couldn't adapt with it and really held the line back.

Hoping they get a guy like Wynn in the draft, you already have Brown, Britt is ok and maybe Ifedi is used correctly as he was a guy that Roberts seemed confident could do a much better job with a different coach. It's a long shot but I'm a little optimistic.

Kind of where I land, too.

Heck, if Solari can even be a league standard coach and find us a slightly-below-average LG in the fourth round, we've improved enough to focus on other areas. That's how bad Cable seems to have been in retrospect.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Frankly hope he’s gone! Graham like Harvin was a hoped for magic bullet that the OC never figured out how to use.

Graham checked out last year and was done here, he was a wasted 1st rd. pick. Only dissimilar to Harvin in the sense he wasn’t a genuine locker room cancer both were never able to be effectively incorporated into Bevell’s schemes. For him he would be better in a different scheme and maybe NO is his best landing spot. Hope he gets a huge contract elsewhere.

The best thing that happened to the OLine this offseason was getting rid of Coach Fable. There are some physically talented OLinemen on the team and better and different coaching will go a long way to fixing the mess Cable created. Addition simply by subtraction.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2zxt7872 said:
He'll be in Houston, New Orleans or New England next year methinks.

A Gronk & Jimmy combo?

Lordy-Lordy...