Jimmy Graham to seattle? ESPN believes it is possible...

lobohawk

Reaction score
Junk analysis by talking heads hoping to create something interesting. If they paid attention to Seattle's team development, Graham makes no sense. Spend a crapload (picks & $$) on a single position on someone that's not that unique.

He's no Harvin.

jhawk91

Reaction score
While Jimmy is a great player, I'd rather Seattle not go that rout and use those picks to build long term. Plus we have a team that can win the Super Bowl now already, why use two firsts for a guy who will give you probably 4-5 years max

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He is soft. Even if we could sign him in free agency for zero picks and only $5m/year, I still wouldn't want him; not unless he stops being a finesse player. He's not a player in the mold of the modern-day Seattle Seahawks whatsoever.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
jhawk91":749s4g8g said:
While Jimmy is a great player, I'd rather Seattle not go that rout and use those picks to build long term. Plus we have a team that can win the Super Bowl now already, why use two firsts for a guy who will give you probably 4-5 years max

Though we had a team that could win the Super Bowl this year, it's going to take something different to win it next year. Don't know what that'll be, but we can't rest on our laurels (as I'm sure they're not). Having said that, I don't believe that Jimmy Graham is the key to unlocking future success, but what do I know? I'm just a fan.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Rustled Jimmies? No thanks...price is pretty dang steep...also...

...dudes a little bitch.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":dk5g5hn4 said:
jhawk91":dk5g5hn4 said:

Though we had a team that could win the Super Bowl this year, it's going to take something different to win it next year. Don't know what that'll be, but we can't rest on our laurels (as I'm sure they're not). Having said that, I don't believe that Jimmy Graham is the key to unlocking future success, but what do I know? I'm just a fan.

Oh no doubt I hope we can sign some free agents just not for the cost of 2 first rounders, that's too steep in my option even for a player of his caliber. And for right now we are still a run first team my question is would jimmy fit our scheme as a run first team with how he blocks? As mentioned previously if we really need another tight end we could always get ASJ using one draft pick and he would cost much less.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Jeremy517":1y03975p said:
This is just ESPN trolling; it is the only thing that ESPN knows how to do any more.

Step 1: Have one of their talking heads give some view, often ridiculous in nature, that came 100% from their imagination and isn't based in reality
Step 2: Have all of their other talking heads (Sportscenter anchors, PTI hosts, Around the Horn hosts, etc) report on what the first talking head made up
Step 3: Hope people tune in to hear more about the fabricated story

Last week, it was Jaworski saying that he wouldn't take Manziel in the first three rounds. This week it is Graham. Next week it will be something else.

I'm surprised that anyone still watches ESPN for anything other than live sporting events for which they have no choice.

Im gonna defend PTI on this. All else is true.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":338qyorg said:
He is soft. Even if we could sign him in free agency for zero picks and only $5m/year, I still wouldn't want him; not unless he stops being a finesse player. He's not a player in the mold of the modern-day Seattle Seahawks whatsoever.

Oh come on.. :lol:

If he were available for no picks and willing to sign at 5M a year, that'd be the steal of the century. I don't care if he can't run block.. this is a guy that has flat destroyed defenses in his career. The Seahawks defense made one of the best QB's of all-time look like a rookie too.. that doesn't diminish Peyton Manning, it shouldn't diminish Jimmy Graham either.. instead it should show just how unbelievable the 2013 Seahawks defense was.

Now.. when you consider he probably wants more than Gronk got ($54M, $16.5M guaranteed) paired with the draft compensation it would take to get him.. then yes the cost would be too much for this team right now. But saying you wouldn't take a 6-7 tight end that is a complete mismatch/nightmare to defend against 31 other teams for half that contract is asinine.

If we didn't have so many extensions on the horizon, I'd be very interested in nabbing Graham.. but unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) thats not the case.

I -DO- think however, that a team (namely Green Bay or Cincinnati) with a lot of cap room that's seeing themselves as a bonafide contender, will consider signing him to an offer sheet though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1t6nr48s said:

If he were available for no picks and willing to sign at 5M a year, that'd be the steal of the century. I don't care if he can't run block.. this is a guy that has flat destroyed defenses in his career. The Seahawks defense made one of the best QB's of all-time look like a rookie too.. that doesn't diminish Peyton Manning, it shouldn't diminish Jimmy Graham either.. instead it should show just how unbelievable the 2013 Seahawks defense was.

Sigh. I understand where you're coming from, but the Seattle Seahawks must face tough, physical defenses six times every year. Graham gets turned into hot garbage against tough, physical defenses - which every single NFC West team has. Unless he mans up and becomes physical and actually learns how to block decently, he is simply not a player for this team at any price.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
And he isn't coming for 5mill and no picks, so when you add in the cost it makes no sense whatsoever.

Although it would be cool to get a great TE for once in our history.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39wkiwuw said:
Hasselbeck":39wkiwuw said:

Sigh. I understand where you're coming from, but the Seattle Seahawks must face tough, physical defenses six times every year. Graham gets turned into hot garbage against tough, physical defenses - which every single NFC West team has. Unless he mans up and becomes physical and actually learns how to block decently, he is simply not a player for this team at any price.
^^^^
Ditto!!!

Brahn

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2t1cci3h said:
Brahn":2t1cci3h said:
If he comes here he would be moved to WR and not line up at TE much if at all.

Yes and no.. he'd be lined up at TE, the slot, outside, etc. That's how the Saints use him anyway.

We'd have to have a really cheap #2 and #3 though for running downs.. and then that leaves you in a hole if Graham gets hurt.

Move just doesn't make sense for the Seahawks. At all. The Packers are a much better fit for him.

I understand how the Saints used him. I also understand how he could be used here in Seattle. He is not much of a blocker and we have seen the staff learn towards blocking starting TE being a blocker and catcher. I would imagine he becomes a multi moved WR and you would use a more traditional TE on the field. He would give us that large target and allow him to focus on being a WR solely. I just do not feel he offers anything at the TE spot for the way we run our offense. I would feel 100% better about this move if we had retained Sean McGrath and not of lost him to the Chiefs during cut downs. Graham, Willson, McGrath would be an ok 3 TE's imo. But in the end I would rather see him as a WR.

Graham
Harvin
Baldwin
Kearse

not bad.

I think they can find a solid starting TE type in this draft. All that and a bag of chips said, still do not see us getting him.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
With how often we need our tight ends to block or at least chip, I bet Papa Pete doesn't even have any interest in a TE that can't block, to be honest.

TXHawk

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":hzwgy6tl said:
As much as I would love a great receiving tight end, PLEASE NO. I think half the team (the defense) already hates him and it's a waste of picks.

It's silly to think that little incident would prevent a trade or that he wouldn't be accepted by current Seahawk players. I don't see the trade happening for other reasons, but there's rancorous onfield jabbering going on all the time between opposing players who eventually become teammates. If a player can help a team win he'll be accepted.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2uypuzog said:
Wow, surprised about some of the comments. He is skill set is EXACTLY what we need. There is no rush to do this, the Hawks can wait till after the draft. I would also wait till Bennett decides what he is going to do but if Tate (which I think he is gone) and Bennett leaves, you can easily afford Graham and retain the big three. Before we go into how "soft" he is, please understand he was playing with plantar fasciitis, which is excruciatingly painfully and virtually impossible to plant ones foot. I could see pc/js pulling the trigger on this one....
First off, it's not going to happen. Secondly, the defenses in THIS division would light up his soft azz!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1hlyorou said:
Hasselbeck":1hlyorou said:

Against Arizona - 9-134-2
Against San Fran - 6-31
Against St. Louis (who were double/triple teaming him all game) - 2-25

You also have to consider the Seahawks running game is vastly superior to the Saints.. and one could argue the WR corps are better too. Having Jimmy Graham and Percy Harvin on the field at the same time would be downright frightening to defend.

Don't get me wrong, this trade isn't happening, but just saying that Jimmy Graham WOULD be a very welcome addition to this offense if it didn't cost so much to get him.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
ESPN believes it's possible because ESPN is full of Hawk haters and east coast biased morons that haven't got a freaking clue. No way our FO gives up 2 first round picks for Jimmy Graham. That's not gonna happen.

Latest posts