John Schneider is hurting our team.

Josea16

Reaction score
White Devil":2ra6r404 said:
This forum is hard to gauge sometimes, but I think I have the gist.

The HC/GM combo we currently have are completely clueless and deserve to be fired.

Yes, the same HC/GM combo that since they've been here have accumulated the NFC's best record including back to back Super Bowl appearances and one Lombardi Trophy.

Gone are the days of mediocrity with 7-9 to 9-7 seasons and just missing the playoffs or at best playing on the road in the wild card game. Why would anyone want anything more than this? That is what the game is about. That is what we demand.

The fans have had enough. They demand these clueless idiots be removed from their positions immediately!

Bring back the glory days! We need to draft fully developed players that can make an immediate impact whether they fit our scheme or not, because Mel Kiper, the Draft Guru himself, said that's who we're supposed to draft! If they move on and have fantastic Hall of Fame careers on another team, it's simply because they wanted to play more for them.

Bring back Tom Flores!
Best post ever and one of the few that make any sense on this board today and yesterday.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
So it has to be either one end or the other? FO is hurting this team, they need to go or don't criticize them, you have no right, they have given us the best Seahawks team ever.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I look at it this way, we drafted to reload what was perhaps the best defense the NFL has ever seen, and at the very least, for four straight years the best in 50 years, as far as scores against goes. Due to injuries, and lack of depth, or D struggled last year. We drafted what looks like two pretty darn good DL, and thus far a buttload of DB. We added a tall receiver who looks like he has good hands, and a Swiss Army knife OL with potential. If we added tons of OL, so we could score 30+ a game, what would it matter if our D is giving up 40?

I am satisfied, and hope for good things from this group. We drafted depth, and raw talent that will hopefully be groomed to be our new starters.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":85x7ff8c said:
So it has to be either one end or the other? FO is hurting this team, they need to go or don't criticize them, you have no right, they have given us the best Seahawks team ever.

That's why so much divisiveness exists on this forum. There's a huge contingent of ultra fans who will refuse to ever recognize there are faults with the organization versus a group of frustrated, realist or pessimistic fans. Neither side will agree to disagree on major points or philosophies.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
nash72":2nf891r9 said:
seahawkfreak":2nf891r9 said:
MontanaHawk05":2nf891r9 said:
I'm just gonna dance happily into this year watching Wilson rip off 11 wins while the doom-and-gloomers wail into empty rooms where nobody's listening.

Is this before or after a second round loss in the playoffs? Get off the high horse.

Exactly

^^^^
(doom and gloomers self identify, lol)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":ppk5zamp said:

I'm really not sure what you guys want.

They have given us a team that gets to the playoffs every year. That is all you can ask for. There is nothing higher than that. There is no mysterious level of "obviously Super Bowl bound this year" above the rest of the playoff teams. 12 teams get to the playoffs; from there, anyone can and has made it before. The 2005 Steelers were a #6 seed.

Even the Patriots don't make it every year. They went a decade without a Lombardi. Did they stop being a good team during that span?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
randomation":gsz5grgw said:
AgentDib":gsz5grgw said:
randomation":gsz5grgw said:
Screw Foster I want to know what the hell they didn't like about Ram or Lamp that they apparently debated trading up for a center who got wrecked by Auburn rather than taking one of them.
If you watch the Day 2 periscope, they talk about McDowell as a player they were targeting the entire time. So the better question isn't about why they 'disliked' some other prospect that you heard was good, but why they liked McDowell more. It's been posted before but make sure you watch this before you leap to conclusions.

I watch the B1G a lot McDowell's Ceiling is crazy high but his floor is massive bust. He takes plays off has a low motor and I've seen him just straight up quit on plays before. He isn't a player that is worthy of a top of the second selection I would hesitate to take him above the third because of how low his floor is.

I probably haven't seen as much of him as you have if you watch that much big10 but I've seen enough games to be impressed. There were some interesting points brought up about some of the questionable motor guys, with how they are usually the the best talents on an otherwise underwhelming team and asked to do a lot and just not being able to keep up intensity. It's one thing to be a questionable motor guy when you're in a rotation at Bama, no excuse to not go full out than to be the only credible threat on your unit. Add to boot he played injured for a chunk of the year last year it's a physical toll, just being out there battling could be seen as a positive. We see it with our pro bowl players, you keep them on the field and they just can't keep up that same intensity play in play out add in injury, like in the case with Sherm last year and he looked a shell of himself in the playoff loss. In a rotation with other pro bowl guys like Bennett and Avril and a stud like Clark, then you got Reed and Rubin and now also Jones and Jefferson, all guys who won't require him to be on the field every snap plus great lb'ers and the LOB behind him, it's a great position to succeed, I don't think we're going to hear a lot of that motor talk and i'm guessing JSPC are betting on the same.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":2te9o362 said:
nash72":2te9o362 said:
seahawkfreak":2te9o362 said:
MontanaHawk05":2te9o362 said:
I'm just gonna dance happily into this year watching Wilson rip off 11 wins while the doom-and-gloomers wail into empty rooms where nobody's listening.

Is this before or after a second round loss in the playoffs? Get off the high horse.

Exactly

^^^^
(doom and gloomers self identify, lol)

Gossip trash.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Hawkfish":3b4fjobx said:
Yeah, our front office sucks...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story ... elease-him

The Cleveland Browns made Caleb Brantley, the former Florida defensive tackle accused of simple battery this month, the first pick of the NFL draft's sixth round Saturday.

Shortly afterward, Cleveland's head of football operations said the team may release him.

hahahaha. Case of the gm not checking with the owner about wanting to go thru the pr headache. Had to play it like cincy did, they called the owner and said we're getting Mixon you okay with all the poop we're about to face and he said hell yeah Hill and Bernard stink I can't sit thru another season of that combo.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1mcipecj said:
seahawkfreak":1mcipecj said:

They have given us a team that gets to the playoffs every year. That is all you can ask for. There is nothing higher than that. There is no mysterious level of "obviously Super Bowl bound this year" above the rest of the playoff teams. 12 teams get to the playoffs; from there, anyone can and has made it before. The 2005 Steelers were a #6 seed.

Even the Patriots don't make it every year. They went a decade without a Lombardi. Did they stop being a good team during that span?

Personally my only disgust was with the OL and became really annoyed when PC did his everything is fine, move along stance after we lost to Atlanta. I have been more reserved since JS has stated in interviews that it was a mistake to go as young as they did with the line and probably should have not let Jahri Evans go pre season. I can respect owning miscues.

These mistakes deserve discussion and criticism. Not unconditional defense or a call for all heads to roll.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1omqizf8 said:
seahawkfreak":1omqizf8 said:

:2thumbs: We get this. Obviously others do not.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1q80sq33 said:

IMO, criticizing draft picks is foolish:

1) We have opinions formed from very limited and narrow info, even if we think we don't

2) It's all a crapshoot, with odds getting worse with each passing round

3) There needs to be a long time-frame to truly assess the results- normally years

I like our FO; they've given us the best we've ever had as fans. I question their decisions at times, but I just don't see the validity in slamming draft picks right after they happen. 99% of the time it's sour grapes because "my pick" was not the pick.

two dog

Reaction score
I think McDowell represents those tumblin' dice and I think they know it.

Most telling is JS's last comment to McDowell on the welcoming phone call,
"remember our conversation"?

On the other hand, is there any such thing as a can't fail player?

Crizilla

Reaction score
Can we temp ban stupid Seahawk fans that post this garbage? i mean really. this is so dumb. The Seahawks have been the NFC version of the Pats since Schneider and Pete came here (and play in a much tougher division than NE). Nothing but success. I'm pretty sure they know a little bit more about football than the OP. This is just dumb and the mods here should be ashamed of themselves for letting these trolls make Seahawk fans look bad. Tweak the forum rules or something. This is nonsensical, emotional garbage. God I hope there's at least 2-3 superstars that emerge from this draft so we can all laugh at OP even more.

LOCK THIS FREAKING THREAD RIGHT NOW....

randomation

Reaction score
Hawkfish":14akvin9 said:
Yeah, our front office sucks...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story ... elease-him

The Cleveland Browns made Caleb Brantley, the former Florida defensive tackle accused of simple battery this month, the first pick of the NFL draft's sixth round Saturday.

Shortly afterward, Cleveland's head of football operations said the team may release him.

They aren't going to release him they are just placating idiots. There is a video of the woman who was supposedly knocked out walking away cussing with her friends. This was a straight money grab after he didn't want to sleep with her and shoved her out of space notice shoved not hit.

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2a232s6j said:

Hey, I don't mean to come across as bitching. I def think the team has and and will continue to have a really good shot to win it all every year since they drafted Russ.

Just trying to be objective and it's a fact that the #1 seed has won 13/27 of the last SBs and the #1 or #2 seed has won 19/27. A first-round by is empirically a huge advantage. Also note that each of the three times the Hawks made the SB, they were the #1 seed in the NFC.

I believe Atlanta this year and SF in 2012 were two of the few (maybe only) teams that got a first round bye with only 11 wins. That's why I don't think 11 wins is enough to have a good shot. But hey, anything is possible. As you mentioned, the Steelers won it all as a 6th seed in 2005. Packers did it too in 2010.

As for your Pats point, I don't think it's really a fair comparison. Brady's been in something like 11/16 of the past AFC championships and has been in 7 SBs. Even with the 10 year "gap," the Pats were getting damn close almost every year.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Crizilla":3nowu8u4 said:
Can we temp ban stupid Seahawk fans that post this garbage? i mean really. this is so dumb. The Seahawks have been the NFC version of the Pats since Schneider and Pete came here (and play in a much tougher division than NE). Nothing but success. I'm pretty sure they know a little bit more about football than the OP. This is just dumb and the mods here should be ashamed of themselves for letting these trolls make Seahawk fans look bad. Tweak the forum rules or something. This is nonsensical, emotional garbage. God I hope there's at least 2-3 superstars that emerge from this draft so we can all laugh at OP even more.

LOCK THIS FREAKING THREAD RIGHT NOW....

ThidOIP333g1q5qCwBbHpYibAQDxQD6D6pid15

StoneCold

Reaction score
adeltaY":344qe5nj said:
MontanaHawk05":344qe5nj said:

Hey, I don't mean to come across as bitching. I def think the team has and and will continue to have a really good shot to win it all every year since they drafted Russ.

Just trying to be objective and it's a fact that the #1 seed has won 13/27 of the last SBs and the #1 or #2 seed has won 19/27. A first-round by is empirically a huge advantage. Also note that each of the three times the Hawks made the SB, they were the #1 seed in the NFC.

I believe Atlanta this year and SF in 2012 were two of the few (maybe only) teams that got a first round bye with only 11 wins. That's why I don't think 11 wins is enough to have a good shot. But hey, anything is possible. As you mentioned, the Steelers won it all as a 6th seed in 2005. Packers did it too in 2010.

As for your Pats point, I don't think it's really a fair comparison. Brady's been in something like 11/16 of the past AFC championships and has been in 7 SBs. Even with the 10 year "gap," the Pats were getting damn close almost every year.

Convert an overtime FG = 11 wins

Stay just a bit healthier = 12 wins

And that's with the crappy Oline. This is the reason I don't fret about a draft pick here or there, certainly not until they've had a chance to develop. Britt was a wasted pick until last year. Now he's a stud. Things change, nothing is certain, people take risks, sometimes the work and sometimes they don't.

Rocket

Reaction score
It's old fat guys who never played, cannibalizing the work of others in making their lists and prognostications. Or skinny little white math whiz's who never played, but made this draft program. People like this said Wilson was too short and he hopped schools and he was too short. They didn't know the man, know the fire that seethes inside him, the competitor screaming to get out. But our guys did. The old fat guys and the skinny white guys said that was a horrible draft. People gotta quit listening to the old fat guys and the skinny white guys and let them ( JS/PC ) do their thing and have some friggin' patience 'till the middle of camp at least.

And no, they usually don't pick your guy, cuz they're pros and you're a forklift driver, ok?