John Schneider is hurting our team.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Maybe it would help the ultra-pessimists to peruse PFR's neutral article this week. This includes 2010-2015 and doesn't say anything about FA signings, trades or contract negotiations. It also reflects on the entire FO and not just Schneider.

PSp9eJW

People gotta quit listening to the old fat guys and the skinny white guys and let them ( JS/PC ) do their thing and have some friggin' patience 'till the middle of camp at least.
The funny thing is I don't think even the most negative poster on these forums would actually rather have a draft commentator like Kiper making the picks instead of our front office. And yet they still get upset when we "miss" on a player that they were anticipating mostly because of comments from those draft experts.

The FO doesn't divulge their plans to the fans for obvious reasons and so it leaves them looking at poorer third party analysis. Fans then get anchored to that third party analysis and can end up momentarily disappointed when the Hawks feel differently about players. However, like every year, most of the posters here will come around as they have time to do research and read about why we passed on player X and took player Y instead.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
nash72":1wezwkf7 said:
He made it through just fine? You did watch the Seahawks in 2016 right?]

Yes.

Did you?

Wilson broke his own passing records.

News flash: QBs get sacked. Your heroes Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers had just as many unavoidable sacks. Rodgers, in fact, has been one of the most sacked QBs in the league during his career. Bet you didn't know that.

I'm all for bolstering the offensive line if the opportunity presents itself, but it didn't in this draft. If Luke Joeckel is a bust in your eyes, a guy who goes a full round after him (Robinson, Lamp, Ramcyzk, whomever you wanted) could just as easily be.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seymour":2koqz5kt said:
Haven't you heard? "Just fine" means 3 injuries and his worst season as a professional.

You're just spreading alternative facts now. Wilson broke his own passing record.

mrt144

Reaction score
I mean, Wilson is so good that 3 injuries that would sideline a normal QB just made him NFL 'average' for a season. What a time to be alive.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Rocket":3qr9y3ov said:
It's old fat guys who never played, cannibalizing the work of others in making their lists and prognostications. Or skinny little white math whiz's who never played, but made this draft program. People like this said Wilson was too short and he hopped schools and he was too short. They didn't know the man, know the fire that seethes inside him, the competitor screaming to get out. But our guys did. The old fat guys and the skinny white guys said that was a horrible draft. People gotta quit listening to the old fat guys and the skinny white guys and let them ( JS/PC ) do their thing and have some friggin' patience 'till the middle of camp at least.

And no, they usually don't pick your guy, cuz they're pros and you're a forklift driver, ok?
Made me laugh, Rocket -- and I'm an old fat guy!! Most importantly, you are correct!!

nash72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":34sx7n3y said:
nash72":34sx7n3y said:
He made it through just fine? You did watch the Seahawks in 2016 right?]

Yes.

Did you?

Wilson broke his own passing records.

News flash: QBs get sacked. Your heroes Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers had just as many unavoidable sacks. Rodgers, in fact, has been one of the most sacked QBs in the league during his career. Bet you didn't know that.

I'm all for bolstering the offensive line if the opportunity presents itself, but it didn't in this draft. If Luke Joeckel is a bust in your eyes, a guy who goes a full round after him (Robinson, Lamp, Ramcyzk, whomever you wanted) could just as easily be.

Lol. Wilson broke his own passing records because we couldnt run the ball and were forced to pass. Any QB should be able to break their own passing records when that happens. He had 546 attempts. Thats 60 more passes than any other season.

I'm not saying Ramcyzk, Lamp, or Robinson wont be busts, but I would have taken a chance on one of them, because we already know what Jokel brings to the table. He's injury prone and even when he does play, he ranks near the bottom in his position rankings. He's awful and the worst part is that our vaunted FO that everybody swoons over gave him 7M guaranteed. Thats a crime.

nash72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3hnr7gty said:
Seymour":3hnr7gty said:
Haven't you heard? "Just fine" means 3 injuries and his worst season as a professional.

You're just spreading alternative facts now. Wilson broke his own passing record.

Again, 60 more attempts than any other season. Breaking his own record isnt very impressive when that happens. Also, he only threw 21 TD's. Second lowest of his career.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rocket":1b00taxq said:
It's old fat guys who never played, cannibalizing the work of others in making their lists and prognostications. Or skinny little white math whiz's who never played, but made this draft program. People like this said Wilson was too short and he hopped schools and he was too short. They didn't know the man, know the fire that seethes inside him, the competitor screaming to get out. But our guys did. The old fat guys and the skinny white guys said that was a horrible draft. People gotta quit listening to the old fat guys and the skinny white guys and let them ( JS/PC ) do their thing and have some friggin' patience 'till the middle of camp at least.

And no, they usually don't pick your guy, cuz they're pros and you're a forklift driver, ok?
Bingo, except for the forklift driver part. We know everything! 8)

StoneCold

Reaction score
mikeak":3qcf4vkh said:
StoneCold":3qcf4vkh said:
Convert an overtime FG = 11 wins

In reality if a team converts the OT field goal we have 10 wins with no tie

Yes, but the point is the difference between 10 wins and 12 is just a few plays.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
nash72":3cum15pz said:
MontanaHawk05":3cum15pz said:
Seymour":3cum15pz said:

Again, 60 more attempts than any other season. Breaking his own record isnt very impressive when that happens. Also, he only threw 21 TD's. Second lowest of his career.

Alright, let's scale his passing yards down by 60 attempts. He still gets 3,732 yards, second best of his career.

You're grasping at straws in an attempt to justify your worries about the O-line. Fact is, not every QB is as dependent on their OL as others, and we've got the toughest, smartest, and arguably least OL-dependent quarterback in the league right now.

That doesn't mean the OL isn't important or that we should pass up opportunities to legitimately improve it. But if you're presented with an O-lineman in the draft (Robinson, Ramcyzk, Lamp) who likely as not would turn out just like Joeckel, and you also have Calais Campbell 2.0 in waiting, you might as well take the Campbell. That was Pete and John's thinking.

Taking Robinson would have made no change at all to the team. The only difference it would have made? Fans would have felt better about the draft. For a few months until Robinson started Joeckeling.

Look at it this way: if this defense can stay on top of the league in points allowed (which it was last year, right up until Earl was injured), Wilson won't have to score as many points to win. That is, in fact, EXACTLY how we won a Super Bowl.

nash72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ods9mq44 said:
nash72":ods9mq44 said:
MontanaHawk05":ods9mq44 said:
Seymour":ods9mq44 said:

Alright, let's scale his passing yards down by 60 attempts. He still gets 3,732 yards, second best of his career.

You're grasping at straws in an attempt to justify your worries about the O-line. Fact is, not every QB is as dependent on their OL as others, and we've got the toughest, smartest, and arguably least OL-dependent quarterback in the league right now.

That doesn't mean the OL isn't important or that we should pass up opportunities to legitimately improve it. But if you're presented with an O-lineman in the draft (Robinson, Ramcyzk, Lamp) who likely as not would turn out just like Joeckel, and you also have Calais Campbell 2.0 in waiting, you might as well take the Campbell. That was Pete and John's thinking.

Taking Robinson would have made no change at all to the team. The only difference it would have made? Fans would have felt better about the draft. For a few months until Robinson started Joeckeling.

Look at it this way: if this defense can stay on top of the league in points allowed (which it was last year, right up until Earl was injured), Wilson won't have to score as many points to win. That is, in fact, EXACTLY how we won a Super Bowl.

I'm grasping at straws? Your the one that is putting so much emphasis on Wilson breaking his own passing record for some reason. I just told you why it happened.

How do you know Robinson is going to turn out as bad as Jokel? Jokel has already shown his cards in the NFL and we saw his hand. The guy is awful. Why a team wouldnt take a chance on improving the most important position on the line to protect their franchise QB is beyond me. Wilson was hurt all last season and is at serious risk again this season. The
Oline is more important than your letting on. McDowell again has a questionable work ethic and only had 1.5 sacks. He has a lot to prove. The saddest thing though is I believe we could have gotten McDowell and left tackle help but we didnt.

Sure defense is great and a very big reason why we won the Super Bowl, but we also had a superior Oline and a RB that led the league in yards after contact. Those last 2 things are important. We havent been the same since losing those aspects.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
nash72":185aet0s said:
I'm grasping at straws? Your the one that is putting so much emphasis on Wilson breaking his own passing record for some reason. I just told you why it happened.

You wanted me to consider last season Wilson's "worst as a professional". I'm pretty sure you can't defend that.

nash72

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ohrt6bs said:
nash72":3ohrt6bs said:

You wanted me to consider last season Wilson's "worst as a professional". I'm pretty sure you can't defend that.

I cant defend it, because I never said it. I went through this entire thread to see where you might have come up with this assumption, but there's nothing there. Grasping at straws indeed.

StoneCold

Reaction score
nash72":va2tdwd8 said:
MontanaHawk05":va2tdwd8 said:
nash72":va2tdwd8 said:

I cant defend it, because I never said it. I went through this entire thread to see where you might have come up with this assumption, but there's nothing there. Grasping at straws indeed.

Your brother in arms Seymour said it, but I'm sure you were thinking it.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
nash72":2qwnuyzl said:
MontanaHawk05":2qwnuyzl said:
nash72":2qwnuyzl said:

You never said it, but you agreed with the post of the person who did say it.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I love the Maklik McDowell pick and I thing JS did a great job trading down and still getting his guy.

That being said Scot Mcloughan built this team and If I were an owner I would bring him in ASAP.