John Schneider is hurting our team.

King Dog

Reaction score
Agreed. Schneider is pis**ing me off. Trade with the 49ers so they can draft Foster? Dummy

907Hawk

Reaction score
RW92":1n1ujiq5 said:
In all my years of being a football fan, playing and loving the game, I have never seen when one team
incessantly keeps trading away it's first round picks.

I can understand how you many want to package a number of picks, position yourselves for the player that others may overlook.
But someday you have to select those game changers. John thinks you can build a Super Bowl team consistently with 7th rounders. You can't build the team with high school players. Occasionally yes you do find that diamond in the rough and you look like a genius. It's not going to happen every year.

But "My Lawd" as Marshawn would have said, what happened here tonight is a complete travesty to the fans and those who follow the Seahawks. I stayed up all night for nothing. Should have gone to bed. Right now I just don't know what direction
this team is going in.

It really is too bad you stayed up to watch the draft and how this has affected your sleep. Stupid Schneider and his trading down, damn it !!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'm not going to scold do you like everyone else on here is doing. The frustration is understandable. And if they blow this draft like they did in 2013 you will end up being exactly right. However, the fact is that all of us would have been satisfied have they taken Kevin King at 26. Instead, they move down eight spots got three extra picks and King will likely still be available to them. Under the circumstances their plan seems very reasonable.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I know, look at New England. They pick in the 1st rd every year, that's why they keep winning the SB.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Hawks are sitting on two 2nd's and four 3rd's, that's a lot of draft capital. Relax.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Lot of hand wringing over Foster. Dude dropped a long ways but he's going to transform the 9ers?

.net i tell ya

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We made our competition better tonight. There is no denying this.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It's as if some of here are completely unaware of how the draft works

If there was a player the Seahawks desperately wanted thy would have
Taken him.

JS has mentioned several times there are groups of players
On their board, if they are all gone then they look to trade back.
If there is a big group say there is little drop off from player 26-40
They will look to maximize the pick by trading back and being able
To still draft a player from said pool.

It's all about value. I really liked what they did

6 picks in the top 3 rounds, 7 if you include the high 4th rounder we
Got from the 49ers..

That's 7 guys you hope are diference makers and most likely make the team.

stang233

Reaction score
Foster was the best pick of the draft. From the surface looks like a bad move by JS. He obviously didn't like him.

HawksFan81

Reaction score
IrishNW":27d37e13 said:
I think we did great. We have 6 picks tomorrow and I would like to see us package some of the 3s for another 2
:ditto: :2thumbs:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Uncle Si":plvv60tt said:
Lot of hand wringing over Foster. Dude dropped a long ways but he's going to transform the 9ers?

.net i tell ya

Insanity. People acting like John made the Niners great with one player.

I'm not even close to buying it. We got a good return and pick a whole draft worth of picks tomorrow. We are going to load up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
stang233":1eny56rp said:
Foster was the best pick of the draft. From the surface looks like a bad move by JS. He obviously didn't like him.

Was projected top 10... fell to 31

BeastModeGang

Reaction score
We got three extra picks and pretty much own day two of the draft and can still draft someone like King or Cam. We need to restock this team with youth and competition and we did that. Pretty sure Pete and John knows how to build a Championship team better than the GMs on this site. Everyone just needs to trust the process so many negative comments and articles here when we have a great team who are contenders every year.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Lmao, this thread is hilarious. One of the deepest drafts In current memory and people think Schneider screwed up? I love what he did!

DJrmb

Reaction score
stang233":333hx6dw said:
I remember people being just like this when Arizona drafted Nkemdiche. Turned out fans were wrong and JS was right...

Sealake80

Reaction score
Lets see who we get tomorrow. Hopefully it is who JS and PC wanted all along but I think we mighta traded down again when their guy got taken.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kobebryant":33in1eb5 said:
It certainly would have been preferable if they would have stayed put at 26 and selected someone like Forrest Lamp, Kevin King, Budda Baker, Chidobe Awuzie, Cam Robinson, Quincy Wilson, Cordrea Tankersley, Tyus Bowser, Tim Williams, Jordan Willis, Malik McDowell, Jourdan Lewis or Obi Melifonwu.

Holy crap. Aren't ALL of those guys still available ?

I can almost guarantee that the guy the Seahawks wanted in the 1st was still around. I can also almost guarantee that the Niners either let the Hawks know who they wanted to take, or the Hawks knew the few guys they wanted weren't going to those teams because they weren't a glaring need.

The only issue i have with it is that I'm not sure we got good value dropping out of the 1st round for a 2nd rounder. Especially after the Niners just did the Bears Texas prison style earlier.

The biggest issue is that we won't have a 5th year of team control on a cheap rookie deal for a guy they really wanted. And even then, it's not like it's guaranteed the guy will be in the league in 5 years or the Hawks will want to keep him.

We have a crap load of picks tomorrow.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ke11r3b said:
stang233":3ke11r3b said:

Was projected top 10... fell to 31
Aaron Curry was projected pretty high too...