John Schneider is hurting our team.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
RW92":2agpust7 said:
In all my years of being a football fan, playing and loving the game, I have never seen when one team
incessantly keeps trading away it's first round picks.

I can understand how you many want to package a number of picks, position yourselves for the player that others may overlook.
But someday you have to select those game changers. John thinks you can build a Super Bowl team consistently with 7th rounders. You can't build the team with high school players. Occasionally yes you do find that diamond in the rough and you look like a genius. It's not going to happen every year.

But "My Lawd" as Marshawn would have said, what happened here tonight is a complete travesty to the fans and those who follow the Seahawks. I stayed up all night for nothing. Should have gone to bed. Right now I just don't know what direction
this team is going in.
I disagree.

I've said it plenty of times, Pete Carroll and John Schneider will only pick in the first round if they find the player they covet can bring them sufficient or immediate value to justify using that first round pick.

I've always like that about this front office. They won't make a pick just to make a pick.

All and all, the draft really is a crapshoot.

Increase the number of picks you have and you'll increase the chances these picks make an impact.

It would be one thing if the Hawks moved a substantial amount back but they didn't and secured additional picks.

You can pretty think of it as the players they could have chosen aren't worthy of the selection.

I'm still crossing my fingers for both Kevin King and Budda Baker!!

The Hawks played this first day just about as good as they can with what was available to them.

Just R-E-L-A-X, Carroll and Schneider know what they are doing!

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":22ztc8jn said:
kobebryant":22ztc8jn said:
It certainly would have been preferable if they would have stayed put at 26 and selected someone like Forrest Lamp, Kevin King, Budda Baker, Chidobe Awuzie, Cam Robinson, Quincy Wilson, Cordrea Tankersley, Tyus Bowser, Tim Williams, Jordan Willis, Malik McDowell, Jourdan Lewis or Obi Melifonwu.

Holy crap. Aren't ALL of those guys still available ?

I can almost guarantee that the guy the Seahawks wanted in the 1st was still around. I can also almost guarantee that the Niners either let the Hawks know who they wanted to take, or the Hawks knew the few guys they wanted weren't going to those teams because they weren't a glaring need.

The only issue i have with it is that I'm not sure we got good value dropping out of the 1st round for a 2nd rounder. Especially after the Niners just did the Bears Texas prison style earlier.

The biggest issue is that we won't have a 5th year of team control on a cheap rookie deal for a guy they really wanted. And even then, it's not like it's guaranteed the guy will be in the league in 5 years or the Hawks will want to keep him.

We have a crap load of picks tomorrow.

Baker is gone.

kf3339

Reaction score
It is annoying to wait for our pick in round one, and then watch us trade out of the first day. But this year I really don't feel it's a big deal. There are at least 6-7 players that were heavily mentioned as first round picks still out there for us to take. WE pick 2nd tomorrow. That is like a late 1st round pick. We gained a 3rd and early 4th for moving only 8 spots.

The only players I really regret are Taco and Ryan. Foster seems like an accident waiting to happen. There is a reason he fell so far this evening.

Now, if we trade back again into the middle of the 2nd for another 4th and miss most of the above guys then I will be pissed. But I don't see that happening tomorrow. Also, don't be surprised if we trade up with our pick 58 to get another high quality pick tomorrow. I think that may have been the plan all along.

Have a good night sleep and trust the plan.

BeastModeGang

Reaction score
Russell Wilson, Sherman, Chancellor, Wagner, Wright, Lockett, Baldwin, Rawls, Shead, Lane. None of them were first rounders.

NoChops

Reaction score
Yeah, I want the Thompson, McCormack, Flores, Mueller, Whitsitt, Holmgren, Ferguson, Ruskell, Webster eras back.....

and those great first round draft picks: Niehues, August, Simpson, Taylor, Boz, McGwire, Roberts, Mirer, King, Stevens, Tubbs, Jennings, Jackson, Curry...

RussB

Reaction score
They had a chance to get ramzyck and threw it away. It was smart to trade away the first time. But they should have taken ramzyck with the 31st pick. Wilson is gonna get injured again just watch.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LOLOLOL, My job is so Top Secret, even I don't know what I'm doing :lol:
I trust that JS & Co. know exactly what they're doing though.
Some here are attempting to make sense of this Draft,,,, trying to mentally fit square pegs into round holes WITHOUT having all the Scouting work that has been done.
Sometimes the sexy named players that many here covet, are not the players that the Seahawks are willing to bet the farm on.
I trust that Pete Carroll, John Schneider & their scouts know what the hell they are doing with respects to the draft.

Seafan

Reaction score
The Hawks are going to get their top guy and still have 5 more picks tomorrow after #34. I'd say I am surprised by all the negative hysteria but this is typical. Did someone's draft party get pooped on?

"It's going to be a fun weekend!"

kf3339

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":16e6n20g said:
Hawks46":16e6n20g said:
kobebryant":16e6n20g said:
It certainly would have been preferable if they would have stayed put at 26 and selected someone like Forrest Lamp, Kevin King, Budda Baker, Chidobe Awuzie, Cam Robinson, Quincy Wilson, Cordrea Tankersley, Tyus Bowser, Tim Williams, Jordan Willis, Malik McDowell, Jourdan Lewis or Obi Melifonwu.

I can almost guarantee that the guy the Seahawks wanted in the 1st was still around. I can also almost guarantee that the Niners either let the Hawks know who they wanted to take, or the Hawks knew the few guys they wanted weren't going to those teams because they weren't a glaring need.

The only issue i have with it is that I'm not sure we got good value dropping out of the 1st round for a 2nd rounder. Especially after the Niners just did the Bears Texas prison style earlier.

The biggest issue is that we won't have a 5th year of team control on a cheap rookie deal for a guy they really wanted. And even then, it's not like it's guaranteed the guy will be in the league in 5 years or the Hawks will want to keep him.

Baker is gone.

No he isn't, so what are you smoking?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1iqd6fhx said:
Hawks46":1iqd6fhx said:
kobebryant":1iqd6fhx said:

Baker is gone.

To who?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2k83frkm said:
Hawks46":2k83frkm said:
kobebryant":2k83frkm said:

Baker is gone.
No, Baker is still on the board.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I think Obi was their guy all along, and they will still get him.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I am thrilled with how today went (despite the initially disappointing blue ball effect). We still have a very real option of getting: King, Lamp, Obi, Robinson, Baker, etc.. many players we likely would have selected in our original draft position #26 and we picked up a low 3rd, high 4th and a 7th.

It's highly likely we trade up tomorrow and get 2 great players and still have another 3 picks in the 90-110 area.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
C.J. Prosise
Nick Vannett
Rees Odhiambo
Tyler Lockett
Terry Poole
Mark Glowinski
Cassius Marsh
Kevin Norwood
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Jordan Hill
Chris Harper

That's our 11 3rd and 4th round draft picks the last four years. Real super stellar group of guys there (Tyler Lockett excluded). Can't wait to add a whole bunch more of those names to the roster.......

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Ahahahahahahahahaha! You can cut the angst in this thread with a knife! I absolutely LOVED the moves today. Fantastic, and downright highway robbery to move down a few slots to pick up three more picks, two of which are solid mid-rounders. And we'll still probably get the guy we're targeting anyway.

:irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1rlqwc6r said:
Hawks46":1rlqwc6r said:
kobebryant":1rlqwc6r said:

Baker is gone.

Umm no he is not.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3ffa06cr said:
So we pick 34 Friday and Baker and King are still available so is Mixon. Is this correct.
Yes. 2nd pick of the day, 34 overall and yes all those guys are still available.

King Dog

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":22upl672 said:
C.J. Prosise
Nick Vannett
Rees Odhiambo
Tyler Lockett
Terry Poole
Mark Glowinski
Cassius Marsh
Kevin Norwood
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Jordan Hill
Chris Harper

That's our 11 3rd and 4th round draft picks the last four years. Real super stellar group of guys there (Tyler Lockett excluded). Can't wait to add a whole bunch more of those names to the roster.......

Lol. No doubt. Just take a few GOOD players

Latest posts