Johnson Off the Table

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I dig Johnson staying, i want detroit to continue and hopefully get over the hump.

Guess we better settle for quinn or go the eviro route unless MacDonald is ready

N3putts@

Reaction score
Well, it seems like Johnson isn’t the Golden boy the media painted him out to be. Looks like Washington interviewed him but he left without an offer so now he’s trying to save face by saying he’s staying in Detroit

nwHawk

Reaction score
If Quinn goes to Wash, look out. This board will melt down.

Seahawker

Reaction score
With so few desirable options do we need to implement an interim coach for a year? I know that sounds crazy but do we want a mediocre coach to install average/unproven assistants to roll with for X number of years.
Suddenly Holmgren for a year seems like a viable option... lol.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Doubtful. My guess is he really didn't wanna move to the other side of the country for the Seattle opening and he didn't wanna play for a dumpster fire franchise with the commanders opening. Likely waiting for a better East Coast job to come along in a year or two.

Reid is rumored to be retiring after next year.

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
With so few desirable options do we need to implement an interim coach for a year? I know that sounds crazy but do we want a mediocre coach to install average/unproven assistants to roll with for X number of years.
Suddenly Holmgren for a year seems like a viable option... lol.
Too bad Waldron left....

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
The latest information I have heard was Johnson never considered Seattle and the rumor of Johnson wanting $15 millions per year was not true. Maybe he is waiting for Reid to leave KC and be able to coach Mahomes ( who wouldn’t). Maybe Johnson doesn’t want the pressure of being a HC

I like Vrabel.

Rat

Reaction score
This does not bode well for our chances of landing MacDonald, an east coast guy who has been in Baltimore for the entire past decade, save one year in Michigan. Aside from not having to uproot all the way across the country, the Commanders job offers a better opportunity to construct the roster to his liking.

Money talks though. Not that the Commanders couldn't match anything we offer, but hopefully they'll be cheap and blow it.

Otherwise, give me Vrabel. Kafka would be cool too.

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
The latest information I have heard was Johnson never considered Seattle and the rumor of Johnson wanting $15 millions per year was not true. Maybe he is waiting for Reid to leave KC and be able to coach Mahomes ( who wouldn’t). Maybe Johnson doesn’t want the pressure of being a HC

I like Vrabel.
Have the they interviewed Vrabel at all yet?