Joy and love of the game

RockHawk

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but when I sit back and think about this year so far, I'm having a BLAST! How fun is it to have a team at 8-1, but also an elite QB that you KNOW will have us in position to win every game he plays?

This all came about as a result of taking my 7 year old son to the game last Sunday. Normally I attend with my wife and a group of buddies, but sitting there at the game and watching a 7 year old experiencing pure, unfiltered joy at watching this game and his hero Russell Wilson brought it back to what it should be. Even at 21-0 in the second quarter when if it was any other game, I would be pissed and frustrated, there was my boy still jumping up and down anytime Russell came onto the field.

It's been said before, but this is the first time for me that it really hit home; just have fun folks. We know all to well what it feels like to be mired in mediocrity, and here we are with an awesome team poised to take us places we've never been. Why ruin it with pessimism or nitpicking.

Being a 12 is awesome.

Attachments

• trevgame.jpg
    trevgame.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 838

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I am with you, RockHawk. This season has been a riot so far. It's cool to see your boy having such a good time watching RW play. I can't think of a better role model athlete for young children.

drdiags

Reaction score
Way to go Pops! Did your son cover his ears because it was cold or because of all the bad words the fans were using? <Smile>

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":lqbgg8wj said:
Way to go Pops! Did your son cover his ears because it was cold or because of all the bad words the fans were using? <Smile>

HA! An excellent question Doc! It was both to keep his ears warm, but also help filter both the words during the first half, and the noise levels in the second half. Win/Win!

sutz

Reaction score
Your kid sure has a hairy face.....oh wait.....

Nice little story there, Rock. Nice to see an up and coming fan take part.

:th2thumbs:

Laloosh

Reaction score
10/10 - Thanks for the reminder, Rock.

Looking forward to my 7yr old's first game on December 22nd!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Very cool. There's definitely a different feeling being a Seahawks fan right now. In years past, if we were down 21-0 in the first quarter, that game is done. Over. I would be sitting in my seat thinking of leaving to find something better to do with the rest of my Sunday than sit for the next couple hours pissed off. These days? I merely wait for the team to turn on the magic and prevail.

Russell Wilson has singlehandedly changed everyone's perception of what it means to experience being a Seahawks fan.

red17hawk

Reaction score
We need to make this a sticky!

For me, this season is special, because my wife converted officially to being a 'hawks fan!! YAY! All it took was a Sherman pick-6 in the Texans game!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That is the crazy thing that I have lost with growing up: the belief that the team can win no matter what.

Even when the Seahawks used to suck, I would always think they had a chance to win the game. For no reason. I just believed it because they were the team I cheered for. Even down by 20+ points with less than 4 minutes in the game, I am cheering for them to win like it was the very beginning of the game.

Of course logic and learning from the past has killed that hope I had when I was younger.

But this team has started to bring it back.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Good call Rock. It's been a process, but I've been enjoying the games more and more. I never lost faith against the Bucs and I have child-like excitement for the rest of the season.

It helped to re-watch the Carolina game recently. It reinforced the reality that every week is gonna be a grind, and our Hawks are built for the 15-round heavyweight fight. Bring it!

:snack: :0190l:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Great reminder Rock and I'm going to definitely try to take your advice going forward. I need to stop worrying about why we went down 21-0 or why a certain play didn't work and just enjoy the entire process.

chsamia

Reaction score
I took my son to the game on Sunday for the third time, he's 11 years old. We sat by the 12th man flag, he was so star struck when he saw Largent walk pass him. He had the biggest smile in the world. Nothing like teaching your kid hawks history and seeing one of the Best to ever play. There were some annoying hawks Fan that were cursing and yelling the Huskies sucks and go cougs (WTF Right) the whold game. There were a few other kids in our section, the usher finally had it and warned then to watch their language.

Overall it was a great experiance most of the FANS were giving him high fives talking to him about the game. We even met Shermans' brother and mother and they told him to stay in school get good grades etc. The usher moved my son to a better seat so he could watched the 2nd half in the front row on our section.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. My kids keep me sane, too. We were getting in the car when the Bucs scored their third touchdown (21-0). My six year old son pipes up and says, "21-0, dad? Oh man, they'll probably do what they did against Houston." It's so funny. It seems like in his world the farther the Seahawks are down the more exciting the comeback will be. It's cool to see such a sweet, unbroken spirit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, LOVE the ride this season. Up and down, but winning over and over again, all w/quite a few injuries, and adding some key players in the next few weeks.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
"Russell Wilson has singlehandedly changed everyone's perception of what it means to experience being a Seahawks fan."

Singlehandedly???? C'mon, Aros. Pete Carroll and Marshawn Lynch had nothing to do with it?

OP
OP
RockHawk

RockHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2lpgqou0 said:
"Russell Wilson has singlehandedly changed everyone's perception of what it means to experience being a Seahawks fan."

Singlehandedly???? C'mon, Aros. Pete Carroll and Marshawn Lynch had nothing to do with it?

I think it's apples and oranges BFS, and I agree with Aros' sentiments that Wilson has singularly brought a new level of confidence that I believe wouldn't be near the same without him. Certainly there are other parts to the whole, but Russell is just on a whole-other cosmic level than anyone else.

Latest posts