JSN

GemCity

Reaction score
1 of 3 targets for 10 yards.

I’m a huge supporter of this dude as an OSU fanatic. But, I’d love to see some production.

To his credit, there are two phenomenal veteran WRs that deserve to be options 1 and 2. We also have some very capable TEs.

It’s early…but I was thinking he’d be chopping up defenses early on.

Need him and Geno to establish that synchronization soon.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
It’s on Geno. He locks onto DK too much. I saw both Colby and JSN open numerous times while Geno ignored them to throw to covered DK or Tyler.

And of course with our tackles out we are playing 12 personnel a lot more. So the makes getting the 3rd WR out on the field tough.

GGotskill

Reaction score
It’s on Geno. He locks onto DK too much. I saw both Colby and JSN open numerous times while Geno ignored them to throw to covered DK or Tyler.

And of course with our tackles out we are playing 12 personnel a lot more. So the makes getting the 3rd WR out on the field tough.

JSN has literally been running wide open in all three games.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Totally not worried about a rookie wr with 9 catches in his first 3 games. He’s on pace for 51 receptions.
This is what I'm saying. People are acting like he should be having 100 yard games or something as a rookie. He is behind two top tier WRs he's not going to get as much action. And he is still getting catches in. Not concerning at all.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
This is what I'm saying. People are acting like he should be having 100 yard games or something as a rookie. He is behind two top tier WRs he's not going to get as much action. And he is still getting catches in. Not concerning at all.
I agree. And I don’t think he’s supposed to be getting 100+ yards a game (yet).

Folks have mentioned that he’s been open. I see that too.

Just hoping Geno can and JSN can establish that “connection”.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
I hope my post didn’t come off as negative. JSN is incredible. He’s getting open…

I just think Geno isn’t quite used to targeting the slot so much…and we all know why. Additionally, DK and Tyler are machines….I too would be tempted to throw to a 6’4” bodybuilder as it’s hard to overlook.

It takes time. There’s simply a lot of options on Offense. It’s a “problem” you’ve got to love to have!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Third receivers are usually pretty far down the route tree when it comes to qb reads. Most plays and find a guy before they get to those later reads and when you’re qb is under pressure he best be hitting one of the dearly reads or he’s in trouble. I’m not worried about JSN on a talent level. It will happen in time.

sutz

Reaction score
3 games in is a bit early to whine about a rookie WR not getting his touches, no matter how good he is. :)

KinesProf

Reaction score
When your personnel packages have to account for helping out two backup Offensive Tackles it is tough to get many opportunities for your WR3. No fault of JSN, Waldron or Geno - the offense is making the most out of a tough situation at the moment.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It takes time for that trust relationship to develop between QB and WR, especially on a team with two already longtime established All Pro level receivers.

I'm not worried about JSN. You can already tell Waldron is trying to come with ways to get him involved with the screens, etc.

sc85sis

Reaction score
At one point yesterday, there were four backups playing offensive line. Geno has had limited time to get through his reads before pressure arrives. That ball has to get out quickly to avoid sacks. it’s not surprising that the third WR hasn’t seen the ball much.

In yesterday’s game, the team deliberately went to throwing to the TE and using the run game more in the second half to beat what the Panthers were doing on D. It worked.

rjdriver

Reaction score
At one point yesterday, there were four backups playing offensive line. Geno has had limited time to get through his reads before pressure arrives. That ball has to get out quickly to avoid sacks. it’s not surprising that the third WR hasn’t seen the ball much.

In yesterday’s game, the team deliberately went to throwing to the TE and using the run game more in the second half to beat what the Panthers were doing on D. It worked.

Good point..

4 backups on the O-Line. When you have to rely on quicker timing routes because of pressure, you are going to go with what you are comfortably with. Geno has years of being on the same page as DK and Tyler, it's what he knows.

I expect JSN to have a monster break out game soon (10+ catches) as defenses continue to clamp down on DK and the line stabilizes.