Justin Smith out this week

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rideaducati":35l8pb9q said:
I actually read about it before the game. It was rather amusing. Sorry you missed it.

As if anyone needs to provide substance in a response to a third person figure.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Dear Friends In Beautiful Seattle,

All of us at Casa Piena wish to congratulate you, your Seahawks and my friend Coach Pete Carroll for providing the Nation with such an exciting 2013 season. Your fire and passion has created a marvelous rivalry with our San Francisco Forty Niners that has become the most intense, confrontational and “sound-bite-laden” match up in the NFL today. We are quite certain that your valiant efforts will be appreciated by fans throughout America as you fall just one game short of going to Super Bowl XLVIII in the Big Apple. Please note, that as the final whistle blows on Sunday January 19th and the Niners have become this year’s NFC Champions, that much of the Napa Valley and San Francisco Bay Area will be lifting a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon as a toast to your memorable but terminated season. Good luck next year and please consider visiting us this summer so that we can talk about the Forty Niners victory in New York and a sixth Lombardi Trophy on their shelf.

Submitted with love and respect,
Gail & Carmen
Carmen Policy and the team at Casa Piena

Holy shit, it took til the third google finding to get the whole letter.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2czh032j said:

All of us at Casa Piena wish to congratulate you, your Seahawks and my friend Coach Pete Carroll for providing the Nation with such an exciting 2013 season. Your fire and passion has created a marvelous rivalry with our San Francisco Forty Niners that has become the most intense, confrontational and “sound-bite-laden” match up in the NFL today. We are quite certain that your valiant efforts will be appreciated by fans throughout America as you fall just one game short of going to Super Bowl XLVIII in the Big Apple. Please note, that as the final whistle blows on Sunday January 19th and the Niners have become this year’s NFC Champions, that much of the Napa Valley and San Francisco Bay Area will be lifting a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon as a toast to your memorable but terminated season. Good luck next year and please consider visiting us this summer so that we can talk about the Forty Niners victory in New York and a sixth Lombardi Trophy on their shelf.

Gail & Carmen

Well that's embarrassing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1nx45vn9 said:

Gail & Carmen

The trollinator gets punked again! :)
Nice work Scotte! :th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
*Holds up microphone*

"Mr. Policy, on a looking stupid scale of one through ten, how high above twenty do you feel?"

Ozzy

Reaction score
That was hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sherminator, where did you go? *echoes echoes echoes*

If I owned Sherminator any more than that, he would be assembling shoes in my factory.
Can't you just picture Policy dictating that letter with his soft little hands clutching his cabernet sauvignon, both pinkies extended?

The caricature of the Niner fan as being smug about 5 rings is no joke, even the team president misses no chance to make a subtle dig by saying this would be number 6. What a douche.

Me thinks that particular bottle of undoubtedly expensive Cab tasted corked that day.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":66nn29xw said:

If I owned Sherminator any more than that, he would be assembling shoes in my factory.
Can't you just picture Policy dictating that letter with his soft little hands clutching his cabernet sauvignon, both pinkies extended?

The caricature of the Niner fan as being smug about 5 rings is no joke, even the team president misses no chance to make a subtle dig by saying this would be number 6. What a douche.

Me thinks that particular bottle of undoubtedly expensive Cab tasted corked that day.

Ya know...I liked Carmen when he was in SF, but I didn't like the way he left. Kinda soured me on him.

Niners were pushing salary cap implications back farther and farther in order to stay in contention as long as possible (and that I don't have an issue with), but as soon as the check came due he bolted for Cleveland and left other people to clean up the mess (and that I DO have an issue with).

Then he took money from the city of SF to try to keep the 49ers from moving to SC after it was pretty much a done deal.

Not all that happy with him these days.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":28pg3y16 said:
Ya know...I liked Carmen when he was in SF, but I didn't like the way he left. Kinda soured me on him.

Niners were pushing salary cap implications back farther and farther in order to stay in contention as long as possible (and that I don't have an issue with), but as soon as the check came due he bolted for Cleveland and left other people to clean up the mess (and that I DO have an issue with).

Then he took money from the city of SF to try to keep the 49ers from moving to SC after it was pretty much a done deal.

Nor should you be. At one point they had to realize that the cap would break up what I consider to be the most impressive run in pro football. Hey man, other fans respected the Dyna-Niners and when you really look at it, at least the championships took place prior to the cap. The 94 one was really won with a lot of the players that were already there.

The FO didn't want to lose what they had and I understand that, who would? They just got caught doing some dirty stuff later.

Without Walsh, we don't have the Holmgren Hawks, who nearly took a very poor man's version of the Walsh system to an NFL title and did that very thing with a Packer team that caused all sorts of trouble later. Beat by the very monster they created.

Yeah, the leadership there jacked it up, but the idea of seeing their machine of perfection get dismantled by other teams money had to be difficult. I know this much, in the 80s, the Niners FO drafted like a wizard and always found a trade or move for a few seasoned vets that kept that SOB rolling.

There will never be another team like that, not just a SB winner, but one that was in the conversation for 14 years, spanning 2 coaches, 2 franchise QBs and 2 generations of top shelf players. They were the shit and no real fan of that era would argue it.

HansGruber

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2hnj0xl1 said:
Marvin49":2hnj0xl1 said:

Nor should you be. At one point they had to realize that the cap would break up what I consider to be the most impressive run in pro football. Hey man, other fans respected the Dyna-Niners and when you really look at it, at least the championships took place prior to the cap. The 94 one was really won with a lot of the players that were already there.

The FO didn't want to lose what they had and I understand that, who would? They just got caught doing some dirty stuff later.

Without Walsh, we don't have the Holmgren Hawks, who nearly took a very poor man's version of the Walsh system to an NFL title and did that very thing with a Packer team that caused all sorts of trouble later. Beat by the very monster they created.

Yeah, the leadership there jacked it up, but the idea of seeing their machine of perfection get dismantled by other teams money had to be difficult. I know this much, in the 80s, the Niners FO drafted like a wizard and always found a trade or move for a few seasoned vets that kept that SOB rolling.

There will never be another team like that, not just a SB winner, but one that was in the conversation for 14 years, spanning 2 coaches, 2 franchise QBs and 2 generations of top shelf players. They were the shit and no real fan of that era would argue it.
Some of us remember football in the 70s, when the Niners were the equivalent of today's Lions but with no playoff history or fanbase. They wore rodeo clown outfits and had a drunk cowboy on their helmets. Raiders fans made fun of that team. The entire Bay Area mocked that team. Candlestick was a ghost town. They were like the creamsicle Bucs with that awkward homoerotic pirate logo.

The Whiners paid for one good run for a decade, and outside of that, they've been a crap franchise with zero history. The Bill Walsh era is all they have.

Am I wrong? Quick, without google, name a 49ers legend not on the Walsh Niners. Ask the same question to anyone on the street who's not a Whiners fan. I've played the game before, and it's hilarious how many people say Eric Dickerson.

How about a coach? Anyone other than Walsh or Harbaugh. Nah? Didn't think so. Ask any other NFL fan. Try it, it's a fun trick at parties. It's hilarious how many people have argued with me when I mentioned Singletary. You mean that guy who played for the Bears, with the crazy eyes? Yes, he of the dropped trousers, the Jeebus necklace and the memorable press conferences. Yes, that lovable clown.

Ah well. Let them have their 1980s. Who's it really harm?

And by the way, if I wanted a Cab Sauv, I'd stick with any one of the numerous WA vineyards that produce fuller bodied and richer reds (thanks to the acidic soil) than anything you'll find in NorCal. Of course, I'm not a boring slob with no taste, so I don't often drink Cab Sauvs. I chose to celebrate our Superbowl Championship with a 2009 Cayuse Syrah instead of the same old boring Cab. It went down great with the meal provided on my chartered flight out of NYC, shortly before partying all night with my fellow 12s in Pioneer Square. I'm so bummed that I didn't get to spend the evening listening to boring old blowhards talk about the good old 1980s.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
HansGruber":b6slydp1 said:
Am I wrong? Quick, without google, name a 49ers legend not on the Walsh Niners. Ask the same question to anyone on the street who's not a Whiners fan. I've played the game before, and it's hilarious how many people say Eric Dickerson.

How about a coach? Anyone other than Walsh or Harbaugh. Nah? Didn't think so. Ask any other NFL fan. Try it, it's a fun trick at parties.

You are not wrong by any means. As a product of 1967 and a West Coast resident (Ca-Or-Wa) I remember when the Niners were the punch line of the joke. Prior to the Hawks existence in the 70s, all we were guaranteed in the NW were Niners/Raiders games and typically the Steelers if they offset the West Coast teams. So we had plenty of exposure. I love getting around "Old School" Niner fans and having more awareness of their history than they do.

Sherminator

Reaction score

Sherminator

Reaction score
Scottemojo":11hic5rl said:

You owned me when you worked for me?
What type of backwards logic is that?

Thanks my (I'll let you guess what I was going to put here, hint: its 5 letters)

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Sherminator":9r5ctl3o said:
Scottemojo":9r5ctl3o said:

Thanks my (I'll let you guess what I was going to put here, hint: its 5 letters)

Champ?

Sherminator

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3u3ceesu said:
Sherminator":3u3ceesu said:
Scottemojo":3u3ceesu said:

Champ?

Sure, why not

Just wanting to clarify,

So this letter actually came from the owner of Casa Piena (nothing to do with football) and not the current VP of operations.
Thanks for the info guys

RichNhansom

Reaction score
So by Sherman's logic Joe Montana and Jerry Rice are irrelevant also? I guess those trophies are irrelevant too.

You can't have it both ways son.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sherminator":2e1ohlii said:
bigtrain21":2e1ohlii said:
Sherminator":2e1ohlii said:
Scottemojo":2e1ohlii said:

Champ?

Sure, why not

Just wanting to clarify,

So this letter actually came from the owner of Casa Piena (nothing to do with football) and not the current VP of operations.
Thanks for the info guys

This letter came from the guy that paid players under the table and skirted the salary cap and bought a championship. This is the guy I quietly think about and smile when ignorant niner fans call Pete Carroll a cheater. One guy BLATANTLY pays players off the books to keep players from hitting free agency. The other has a player whose parents were given a house over 100 miles away from L.A. by agents wanting to represent their son.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":gsxlqz84 said:
Sherminator":gsxlqz84 said:
bigtrain21":gsxlqz84 said:
Sherminator":gsxlqz84 said:

Champ?

Sure, why not

Just wanting to clarify,

Thanks for the info guys

This letter came from the guy that paid players under the table and skirted the salary cap and bought a championship. This is the guy I quietly think about and smile when ignorant niner fans call Pete Carroll a cheater. One guy BLATANTLY pays players off the books to keep players from hitting free agency. The other has a player whose parents were given a house over 100 miles away from L.A. by agents wanting to represent their son.
There you go again with those pesky FACTS.... :th2thumbs: