Kaepernick struggling with accuracy in training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qtybshp said:
Sports Hernia":1qtybshp said:
RolandDeschain":1qtybshp said:
I'm holding off on my guffaws until preseason. If he has blatant issues in the 49ers' first preseason game, then I'll gladly join in the fun. Short of that, however...Meh. Just some summer rust.
I wouldn't even worry then. If he is doing that when the games count, then it may turn into comedy central. Remember though, his last game was a turd. 8)
His last game wasn't a turd, though; that's the thing. He had what amounted to a decent day against the Seahawks defense; he fared far better than Peyton.

It wasn't a great game by any stretch of the imagination, but it was significantly better than any he played against us previously in Seattle.
Must disagree, while better, when you are responsible for 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter, that's a turdworthy performance. :0190l:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":33o0uo8t said:
Sports Hernia":33o0uo8t said:
GLOCKHAWK":33o0uo8t said:
...This dude is gonna "choke" this year, bank on it!

[youtube]RrcsSXawrxQ[/youtube]
Well you have to admit, choking against Seattle and in big games is the one thing he is REALLY GOOD at! 8)

That's not choking. That's playing against Seattle's secondary. I suppose Manning choked too? And virtually every QB that played the Seahawks last year?

Anyway Kaepernick is a one trick pony when it comes to passing. I'd expect him to struggle with anything other than bullets. From a 49er fan perspective, hopefully it means he's trying to expand his throw repertoire.
Can't it be both?
And I agree with Kraepperchoke being a one trick pony when it comes to passing. He is deadly with his legs but if he starts taking more hits that may not be as much as a factor in the future.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2dm1g413 said:
He also has new receivers and things that he could be doing timing routes with and different patterns. Talk to me in like 6 weeks about struggles.

I bet those holes in the net were moving around quite unlike any holes in nets he's ever tried to hit before... Different net-hole timing, different net-hole patterns, etc. :mrgreen:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The guy is a dangerous passer with seam routes, or the deep ball on the outside against most secondaries. When he is allowed to just rip it he has accuracy. Then of course there is the legs.

CK got half of his large number of rushing yards in that one busted play, then hit a few chunks on some designed runs.

When the last drive started, CK had like 87 yards passing and well over a 100 rushing due to the crazy run. The Hawks allowed that 4th down conversion playing tight and then allowed CK the middle of the field to get that clock rolling. CK nailed every one of those passes in the middle and went over the head of Thurmond (who was out of position in a big way) to Choketree. That drive was his best one until the pick, but the Hawks rolled the dice on protecting the outside. Once the Niners got to the 18, they lost the middle of the field because that short field is a big advantage to the Hawks. CKs best drive was the response to the tying TD in the 3rd quarter. He made a few tough completions and had the benefit of the kicked fumble for the 1st down, ending it with a pretty TD pass just out of ETs reach.

Other than that, KaeperSpaz didn't have much of a passing game. I think that the digits should run the hell out of CK against the Hawks until those DBs have to play up. Whether it is read option or just plain CK run, it is the one way for them to extend drives. Bennett and Avril can eat the guy for lunch pursuing him sideways and backwards, but they aren't catching the guy from behind.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1pv7e6dg said:
I don't think it is an issue at the beginning of camp. Especially if he is working on using a higher trajectory. He throws the fastball as good and better than most.

CK might like his first read, but he gets it to that guy pretty well. It would be something of significance if he just had surgery on his hand or throwing arm, but the guy can throw a football.

I bet a lot of dudes are having accuracy issues right now.
Loaf don't go sane on me now!

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
Boy, good thing Gore is healthy. Looks like he'll be carrying the Niners, once again. Kap is crap without the running game.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":12cbrtrk said:
5_Golden_Rings":12cbrtrk said:
Sports Hernia":12cbrtrk said:
GLOCKHAWK":12cbrtrk said:
...This dude is gonna "choke" this year, bank on it!

[youtube]RrcsSXawrxQ[/youtube]
Well you have to admit, choking against Seattle and in big games is the one thing he is REALLY GOOD at! 8)

That's not choking. That's playing against Seattle's secondary. I suppose Manning choked too? And virtually every QB that played the Seahawks last year?

Anyway Kaepernick is a one trick pony when it comes to passing. I'd expect him to struggle with anything other than bullets. From a 49er fan perspective, hopefully it means he's trying to expand his throw repertoire.
Can't it be both?
And I agree with Kraepperchoke being a one trick pony when it comes to passing. He is deadly with his legs but if he starts taking more hits that may not be as much as a factor in the future.

It could but I can't see why it would be. His playoff record is pretty good (4-2); his road playoff win total has already surpassed Joe Montana. His yards per attempt in the playoffs is third all time in NFL history and his yards per scrimmage touch in the playoffs is 1st all time in NFL history*. His total performance against almost every one else is really good. But against Seattle, his numbers plummet.

It just seems more reasonable to me that Seattle is good enough to beat Kaepernick physically (or good enough to not get beaten by Kap's physical attributes, unlike most everyone else). That Kaepernick is extremely physically gifted is common knowledge. That Seattle's secondary is also is also common knowledge. Seattle has the talent to beat Kaepernick's talent, and that's why he fails so hard against them. Until Kaepernick develops the rest of the package, he's toast against Seattle.

*http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24469225/kaepernick

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Man it's like the 1990's San Francisco v Dallas rivalry except we're division rivals and Deion, Ronnie, Rice, and Haley and gang are all locked up and Montana will be.....hmm.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":22t89hu2 said:
It just seems more reasonable to me that Seattle is good enough to beat Kaepernick physically (or good enough to not get beaten by Kap's physical attributes, unlike most everyone else). That Kaepernick is extremely physically gifted is common knowledge. That Seattle's secondary is also is also common knowledge. Seattle has the talent to beat Kaepernick's talent, and that's why he fails so hard against them. Until Kaepernick develops the rest of the package, he's toast against Seattle.

You have a point. The Seattle defenders don't drop pick 6s like GB and Carolina.

The player is good enough to be a big contribution to a power football team. The passer makes enough mistakes to keep that power football team from making it to the top.

The success of the Niners organization falls on the current roster maintaining their level of play and CK taking a few steps forward. Some of that falls on the staff, most likely Roman, to get the most out of CK without forcing him into situations that he is not successful in. Asking him to be something he is not (yet)

lsheldon

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3suem1hk said:
Yeah, QBs struggle the first few days of camp. The defense is always ahead of the offense. Wilson didn't look so good in camp either on the first day.

All of the reports I've seen from the Seahawks training camp refute this statement.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2a30ixs3 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2a30ixs3 said:
Apple is EVIL.
+111111111111111
Can somebody talk to rock about setting up a fund to buy a plane ticket and a hotel room so these two can get it over worth? I'll donate a buck.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
JesterHawk":1ibnra0f said:
Can somebody talk to rock about setting up a fund to buy a plane ticket and a hotel room so these two can get it over worth? I'll donate a buck.

Better open that wallet a little further; otherwise, deal with it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It may be early and this all may be over nothing..I just wonder if there has been qbs in past that for whatever reason get the yips like baseball players where they cannot throw the ball accurately anymore..It's hard for me to see that with a football but then again you see Tebow and a long list of other crappy passers..I'm sure some may have had great touch at one point but lost it somehow..

JesterHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":leoskgq9 said:
JesterHawk":leoskgq9 said:

Better open that wallet a little further; otherwise, deal with it.
You make good money and live free in your mom's basement though. She probably buys the chef boyardee and totinos pizza rolls too. Pay your own way. I'm just saying I'd support it symbolically so you can stop making out virtually all over the forum.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2mt7nvah said:
You make good money and live free in your mom's basement though. She probably buys the chef boyardee and totinos pizza rolls too. Pay your own way. I'm just saying I'd support it symbolically so you can stop making out virtually all over the forum.

Mizzou: Is it in yet?

Roland: I think so.

Mizzou:Apple sucks

Roland:Oh yes. Tell me more

Mizzou: Steve Jobs is dead.

Roland: Oh yeah!!

Mizzou: There we go baby. That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts