Kaepernick struggling with accuracy in training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

byau

Reaction score
Ehh..for me it's just getting back into camp. I personally am scared of Kaep. I think he's got a really high ceiling and if he can get past some maturation issues he's going to be deadly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
byau":1ild32jk said:
Ehh..for me it's just getting back into camp. I personally am scared of Kaep. I think he's got a really high ceiling and if he can get past some maturation issues he's going to be deadly.
No offense, but I disagree. The Kraepper is a one trick pony IMHO. He can win ball games with his legs, but loses them with his very poor decision making, and his one read and run mentality which comes back to bite him when playing good defenses. If he was my QB they guy would drive me to drink!!!

Thank gawd for Wilson!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
byau":19ijf9f4 said:
Me too.

The awesomeness just has "high ceiling" written all over it.

I know that when I see KaeperSpaz come on the field, I tremble at what he could be if he ever hit his incredibly high and unimaginable ceiling. I'm positive this season, based on the growth between 2012-2013, that KaeperSpaz will be an entirely matured quarterback in 2014.

:shock:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":123ehrhl said:
I'll worry about Kaepernick's ceiling if he ever reaches it.
You aren't scared of KaeperSpaz Roland? The guy even said Sherman was scared. No wait, he said that about the Superior Niner receiving CORPS. Then he said he was looking forward to exploiting that.

Now I am really scared of KaeperSpaz! He is looking forward to exploiting the obvious issues in the Hawks secondary AND Sherman is scared. I suppose we should thank Kaeperchoke for not exploiting it the 4 times he has played against the Hawks. He was just saving it for 2014! Thank you for not exploiting it Papaki!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I wish Wilson had a really high ceiling like KaeperSpaz. It's obvious that in the 2 years that he has been a pro that he has already hit his, while in the 3 years KaeperInch has been a pro that he has been holding back and waiting for the right time.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Isn't this scary? I am afraid one his tats is going to jump off his superior arm and kick my ass. Even worse, maybe his nose.

Ta8eta7u

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Truly, that is the stuff nightmares are made of, Loaf.

HOLD ME!

scared-smiley.gif

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I hear you man.

I am thinking of giving away my tickets for SF@SEA simply because I am terrified of what CK's ceiling is. It will have to be a Niner fan though, because no Seahawk fan is going to be brave enough to witness the KaeperFade onslaught. What's the point of witnessing him exploiting the Hawks with his insurmountable ceiling?

I mean there is no way to stop him! What's he gonna do? Throw? Run? Oh God please make the nightmares stop!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2hgjo8lu said:
I mean there is no way to stop him! What's he gonna do? Throw? Run? Oh God please make the nightmares stop!

What if... Gods forbid, but what if he tries what earned him a Super Bowl ring against the Ravens 18 months ago, and a trip to the last Super Bowl? The dreaded end zone fade?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2303kiqj said:
loafoftatupu":2303kiqj said:

What if... Gods forbid, but what if he tries what earned him a Super Bowl ring against the Ravens 18 months ago, and a trip to the last Super Bowl? The dreaded end zone fade?
His best throw in XLVII was the power switch to the Super Dome! 8)

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
^^ Homers. I'll indulge for the hell of it:

This play is ridiculous and absurd, and it isn't even close to the only "wow" moment of his brief career (or that GAME ffs).

http://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.c ... =640&h=360

[youtube]T0vOK9BwKzA[/youtube]

To deny the young man has incredible talent, and YES A HIGH CEILING, is on par with denying evolution whilst getting your yearly flu shot (which of course is needed due to... evolution of viruses).

I have no problem admitting that Wilson is another incarnation of Hall of Famer Steve Young (mobile, deadly efficient, accurate). Why is it so hard to admit that Kap is a beastly specimen who hasn't developed the mental game of an elite QB yet? If your self-deception only depends on the assumption that he won't learn any more, then you haven't been watching much of him.

As for the claim that he didn't improve in his first year as a starter, compare his WRs between the two years:

Year 1: Healthy Crabtree (an above average WR), Davis, D. Walker (a starter in TN), Randy Moss (who was still fast enough to get double coverage all year), a healthy Mario Manningham, Ted Ginn (a contributor in Carolina last year).

Year 1 as a starter: Boldin (a very tough and solid possession WR), Davis. Oh shit that's it. No other WR/TE he completed more than 10 passes to was on the team at the end of the year beside Crabtree, who was only there for the last few games (and was still injured). MARLON MOORE was our opening WR opposite Boldin.

You think that didn't matter? Yet he finished with about a 3-1 TD/INT ratio.

smh

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Kaepernick's lucky that Earl misjudged that pass. Try that same play 10 times and Earl deflects that pass 7 times and intercepts it twice, probably. Let me guess, it's just amazing work on Kaepernick's part even though Earl was RIGHT there to prevent the pass?

Marvin49

Reaction score
LOL...I've been here long enough to know that most of you know just how good Kap is/can be so not even gonna comment on the "ceiling" thing. I know how much you guys like to rile up Niner fans. :D

As for the "struggling with accuracy" thing....that's kinda comical to me. Its like judging a pitcher in spring training. You never know what they are doing. They could be working on just the things they are bad at in order to improve. They may have just installed that play. Who the hell knows. You just don't know until the real bullets start flying.

You can't really even trust the reporting. From just this AM...

Dan Pompei ‏@danpompei · 2h
Few more thoughts from Niners camp: 1. Colin Kaepernick looks fantastic and it wouldn't surprise me if he took a big step up this season.

and on other popular topics on this board like the Niners secondary sucks or that Vance McDonald is a bust...

2. The tight end duo of Vernon Davis and Vance McDonald has a chance of being the best duo on the league. Fast, fluid, versatile.

3. Cornerback duo of Tramaine Brock and Chris Culliver is better than advertised. Not sure about depth yet, but Chris Cook looks improved.

Now OBVIOUSLY you have to look at that through the exact same "its training camp" lens as you do the negative stuff...just saying that one person will say a guy is struggling and the other person will say the same guy is set to make the pro bowl.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have heard it all before. "They could be the best" and all that garbage. From training camp? REALLY? Why is this year any different than any other year?

So this ceiling thing, why does KaeperSpaz have such a high one, whilst every other QB doesn't? Because he has a strong arm? Because he is mobile? KaeperSpaz is no slinger just because he has a strong arm, but he is a good football player.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3jh557bq said:
Nobody gives a rats ass about the f'ing Niners.

Keep telling yourself that. I wouldn't be here if there wasn't Niner conversation and I rarely if ever START a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts