Kam Chancellor/ Seahawks agree to 3 year extension

hawk45

Reaction score
vin.couve12":28bdfxt1 said:
Nah, he'll play it out. Dude's got a ridiculous workout regimen and will be good for a long time.

Did he not have a strong workout regimen at the time of his previous injuries? I don't rule out the possibility he'll play out the entire span but his style of play and injury history - even if some of those are spurs and things that have been cleaned up - can't be entirely dismissed.

This isn't an argument against the signing. When healthy, he is a flat out game changer who - I felt - got even better in the playoffs. I think you definitely sign him if the money is within reason, and it seems within reason to me.

I buy that he was rated well in coverage last year, but last year - and the year prior - it seemed to me we didn't see his game-altering hits on a regular basis as we used to. In prior years he dealt one nearly ever game. We'd be in some scrap and I'd be thinking now is a good time for...oh, there it is.

Nevertheless, that subjective observation is a far cry from claiming he's not still effective in his role against he run. So good signing. And having a bit more security might even increase the frequency of the crazy hits again, since an injury after signing the contract wouldn't leave him out in the cold. He was clearly concerned about his longevity or he wouldn't have held out for more money so early in his last contract.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seymour":2m77i7ln said:
Jerhawk":2m77i7ln said:
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/seahawks-kam-chancellor-reach-year-extension/story?id=48967634

3 years, $36 million.

Thoughts to locking up The Enforcer for 3 more years?

My thought is I hope year 3 is a bit back loaded and we have a way out. Tough to speculate without seeing the verbiage.

That said, congrats to Kam, and stay healthy please. :2thumbs:

Exactly what they did, excellent move. If he is playing great ball in 2020 still, he can stay and cash in on last year, if not, they have an out. :2thumbs:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawk45":k7ix9ybz said:
vin.couve12":k7ix9ybz said:
Nah, he'll play it out. Dude's got a ridiculous workout regimen and will be good for a long time.

Did he not have a strong workout regimen at the time of his previous injuries? I don't rule out the possibility he'll play out the entire span but his style of play and injury history - even if some of those are spurs and things that have been cleaned up - can't be entirely dismissed.

This isn't an argument against the signing. When healthy, he is a flat out game changer who - I felt - got even better in the playoffs. I think you definitely sign him if the money is within reason, and it seems within reason to me.

I buy that he was rated well in coverage last year, but last year - and the year prior - it seemed to me we didn't see his game-altering hits on a regular basis as we used to. In prior years he dealt one nearly ever game. We'd be in some scrap and I'd be thinking now is a good time for...oh, there it is.

Nevertheless, that subjective observation is a far cry from claiming he's not still effective in his role against he run. So good signing. And having a bit more security might even increase the frequency of the crazy hits again, since an injury after signing the contract wouldn't leave him out in the cold. He was clearly concerned about his longevity or he wouldn't have held out for more money so early in his last contract.
He'll be fine.

The hip surgery had been a lingering issue since college. He had been clocked at 4.47 as a junior before that creeped up on him. Got that corrected quite some time ago. The arrow to the knee..err..helmet to the knee he took before that superbowl was from a teammate and still played on the MCL while only giving up one 15 yard pass to Gronk, I might add. The ankle bone spurs have been limiting him for two years and that's cleaned up. Beyong that dude gets like a groin injury here and there. Meh....for all the chaos and destruction, dude's a relative machine.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Just watching the press conferences and autoplay showed me a hardest hitting safeties of all time list.

Not only does Kam clearly arrive with more force than any other ever, but he does so without attacking the head or leading with the head (Boldin exception). Hits look a lot harder when you're knocking somebody's block off and their equilibrium temporarily shuts off.

I'd like to see some of the past greats in today's rules or better yet, take on OL the way Kam does on a regular basis. I've watched a lot of safties for a long time and what he does isn't very nice, but IMO clearly the best at it.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":qtgl1kau said:
Just watching the press conferences and autoplay showed me a hardest hitting safeties of all time list.

Not only does Kam clearly arrive with more force than any other ever, but he does so without attacking the head or leading with the head (Boldin exception). Hits look a lot harder when you're knocking somebody's block off and their equilibrium temporarily shuts off.

I'd like to see some of the past greats in today's rules or better yet, take on OL the way Kam does on a regular basis. I've watched a lot of safties for a long time and what he does isn't very nice, but IMO clearly the best at it.

He has more size to add to that impact, why Lott, Easley, Tatum, Lynch, were ahead of their time and hit harder then their size .

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1lwyhnd6 said:
Interesting comments about loyalty in this thread. Santa is real too....

The contract is about Kam Chancellor's play, leadership, and extension of coaching and adjustments he calls on the field.

Pretty condescending. Loyalty probably involves a little risk taking. Like, "Kam is getting up there in age but his play has not rescinded that much and we think he can give us some more productive years in the future and he is a loyal Hawk. Lets give a good model to other players to stay loyal too us because if you do and you are worth the risk we will reward you with a contract." Get off your high sleigh Santa.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sorry, dude, but there's no loyalty in business. That ain't the way the world works. Football, McDonald's, or otherwise.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3h59qeni said:
Sorry, dude, but there's no loyalty in business. That ain't the way the world works. Football, McDonald's, or otherwise.

Oh cripes dude don't even try like you understand how business goes down. Just because you saw Michael Keaton take over McDonalds in a movie doesn't mean that is the rule of business. The saying of " it's just business" doesn't mean what you think it does. If everything was rational and strait down the line there would be no politics. "Its just business" is a straw man argument for movies, there is back scratching, alliances, factions, status quo, etc.. Deals are made all the time. So please save me your life's lessons speech.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3v5s11dv said:
vin.couve12":3v5s11dv said:

Oh cripes dude don't even try like you understand how business goes down. Just because you saw Michael Keaton take over McDonalds in a movie doesn't mean that is the rule of business. The saying of " it's just business" doesn't mean what you think it does. If everything was rational and strait down the line there would be no politics. "Its just business" is a straw man argument for movies, there is back scratching, alliances, factions, status quo, etc.. Deals are made all the time. So please save me your life's lessons speech.
Movies? Never saw that one, but whatever.

You're either an asset and a good bet or...you're not.