Kam doubtful to play Sunday

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Most of the NFL has been looking for the next Kam Chancellor in the draft since 2011.

One hasn't emerged yet.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The average career length of a safety in the NFL is less than 5 years.

In fact, other than RB, safety is one of the positions with the least longevity.

To have an effective SS playing at a near all pro level when healthy is still a great asset.

Disappointed he cannot go, but he is important to the success of this team moving forward.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
He came into this year looking very good, several coaches commented on it. Could be just bad luck it's him missing a game or two and could as easily be be anyone else.

PC did say he would make the trip regardless and be on the sideline, to 'make his presence felt' - which of course is very intimidating if nothing else, even among his own teammates.

SeaChat

Reaction score
The last word I heard from Pete Carol's lips were that while it was doubtful that Kam would play tomorrow, that he was not going to rule him out right up and until game time. Meaning that if Kam were to show some remarkable improvement between now and then he might likely let him play.

I can't figure out what is going on with Kam, I mean we are told its a pain stemming from his groin area, but why is it that on some days he seems to be able to practice or play pain free, and then, at least it seems to me that as game time approaches he takes another turn for the worse and goes on the unlikely list again.

I wonder if it's psychosomatic with him. I can't help but wonder if we aren't maybe seeing more blow back from the Seahawks decision to make Kam stick to his contract last year.

Perhaps subconsciously he developed this groin injury that takes him off the field and makes the Seahawks more than aware of what a game changer he is when he is out there and how much we need them.

Or worse yet Kam could see the writing on the wall, being aware of things developing with himself physically and so he went for broke on a new contract with a big guaranteed check upfront play or not, so that he would get paid if this groin thing did blow up out of control and keep him from being able to play well this season at all this season.

I sure hope this isn't what's happening, I hate to even let my thoughts go there, but this seems totally out of character for Kam and I can't figure out why we keep getting reports in between games that he is practicing and looks like he recovering and should be able to play blah, blah, blah, then as game time rolls around all the progress he made during the week diminishes and he all messed up again.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
253hawk":7xqwxt73 said:
dadof3":7xqwxt73 said:
I love Kam, but I hope they are looking at drafting his replacement soon. His body just can't hold up for a season.

Groin pulls can happen from almost nothing. The one time I pulled mine was because my cleat slipped for a few inches before biting into some half-frozen turf. I could do everything else but run on it and it took about a month to fully heal.

Communication should be a lot easier for the defense down there in the quiet desert.

:sarcasm_on: Just did a check of the Snowbird migration....I see that they have approached Las Vegas and will rest there for a week before making the push to Phoenix. :sarcasm_off: :irishdrinkers: :twisted:

Jville

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Kelcie McCray in this evenings second start. :2thumbs: This will be Kelcie's 5th start since the Seahawks traded for him last year.

Too bad about Kevin Pierre-Lewis. Can't make the most of opportunities while collecting injuries and bouncing back and forth on the the inactive list.

It will be interesting to see who can make the most of opportunities at SAM.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hendo66":1603xrqk said:
Missing 2 games coming out of the bye week seems a little odd.

Why would this be odd to you? Injuries--especially a non-contact one like a pulled groin--happen in practice somewhat regularly, wouldn't you say? That was the case for this injury.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Nah. Pretty rare to come up with a multiple week injury during the bye week. If it's legit it's good to rest it but was hoping he could give it a go. Big game.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Hendo66":14p9p2n1 said:
Nah. Pretty rare to come up with a multiple week injury during the bye week. If it's legit it's good to rest it but was hoping he could give it a go. Big game.
This has been nagging him for weeks and he reaggravated it. If it were a do-or-die playoff game they might try to force it but c'mon - it is not that situation. Best to let him heal up.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
pacific101":1qfvoey3 said:
wow I'm a little surprised to read this, I just listened to Pete Carol tell the press yesterday that Kam had a good week, that he was out running at the time Pete was talking with the press and said he expected that Kam would likely be good to go on Sunday.
I would usually be quick to say that Pete was just trying to dupe Arizona into planning their offense for a game without Kam in the picture and then spring him on them play one at game time, but I did that last week with both the Dline guys Pete said were not likely to play and true that, neither of them played.
I really hate not having Kam there, although his backup will get his job done with fewer issues this week if Kam doesn't play, Richard will be the first to let him know if he isn't on the same page with everyone else LMAO.

Go Hawks !
You can't do that--the injury report has to be real.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3v7mtee0 said:
pacific101":3v7mtee0 said:
wow I'm a little surprised to read this, I just listened to Pete Carol tell the press yesterday that Kam had a good week, that he was out running at the time Pete was talking with the press and said he expected that Kam would likely be good to go on Sunday.
I would usually be quick to say that Pete was just trying to dupe Arizona into planning their offense for a game without Kam in the picture and then spring him on them play one at game time, but I did that last week with both the Dline guys Pete said were not likely to play and true that, neither of them played.
I really hate not having Kam there, although his backup will get his job done with fewer issues this week if Kam doesn't play, Richard will be the first to let him know if he isn't on the same page with everyone else LMAO.

Go Hawks !
You can't do that--the injury report has to be real.
Not if you play for the Cheatriots. I swear, Jamie Collins was listed as inactive but there he is tackling. I am not kidding here. I actually checked the inactives on NFL.com.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DaveBoling/status/790329665164410880[/tweet]

Latest posts