Kam is IN the Building!!!!!!! (The New KAM Topic)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2m620vol said:
Uncle Si":2m620vol said:
CodeWarrior":2m620vol said:
Uncle Si":2m620vol said:
You said you were going to boo him, which means your interest is beyond the performance on the field. If he plays well will you still boo him?

Its your ticket, do what you want. Just saying.. I'm happy he's back

Yes, I'm interested because his actions prevented him from being on the field. Thus, the team's on field performance was affected. Not overly complicated.

So you only care about a players play on the field but will boo him because he wasn't on the field?

Well, for this there would be multiple scenarios. Would I boo a player because an injury kept them off the field? Absolutely not. That's nonsensical.

If a player holds out with malice aforethought, like Kam did, absolutely. Kam actively tried to put this team in the worst strong safety situation possible as a means to strengthen his holdout position. His holdout was completely unanticipated. The team did not take any anticipatory steps to mitigate his absence. Kam cost this team a 5th round pick with its need to acquire Kelcie McCray. Will I cheer a player like that? No.

Fair enough...

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":1lojtpc9 said:
Kam wasn't just coming from a business stand point. He too was allowing his emotions to show throughout this holdout. How in the hell can you be a fan of football and not be emotional?!

Anyway... I'm gonna go cry tears of joy now.

Not me. I'm kind of in the same place that Laloosh talked about earlier. I'm glad he's back because it will help this team on the field, but it's hard to get excited about this because the whole thing just feels like a waste. He missed two games for what? Now the Seahawks are 0-2 for no good reason (and Kam Chancellor being gone is not the only reason we lost those two games, but it was a contributing factor.)

The morning Wilson signed I was practically running through the office turning cartwheels. This morning I'm like, "meh." He staged a stupid, pointless holdout that didn't get him anything and hurt this team. I'm glad it is over, but am still very disappointed that it happened in the first place.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Ehhh, actually, I won't boo. I won't cheer, but I won't boo. I think Kam smacks of a disillusioned asshole, but I'll give him another shot. Hope he brings back that X factor the hawks have been missing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":27kcjwgq said:
Ehhh, actually, I won't boo. I won't cheer, but I won't boo. I think Kam smacks of a disillusioned asshole, but I'll give him another shot. Hope he brings back that X factor the hawks have been missing.

Yay!!!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Happy he's back but still really pissed he didn't come to this conclusion 3 weeks ago. Dude put us behind the 8 ball because of greed. The most important unit on the team, and he put himself above his brothers.

And how do we know he doesn't pull this shit again next year?

HF77 is right, there is going to be some resentment. There is going to be a lot of players happy as hell to have him back too.

This team needs to have an airing of grievances of sorts and reboot the season starting now.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ay56naq said:
CodeWarrior":1ay56naq said:

Yay!!!!

Emotions, ya know? :th2thumbs:

StoneCold

Reaction score
I'm not mad at Kam. I don't understand his choice to hold out. I don't understand his tweets. But I'm glad he's back and will cheer him and the team.

Bring on some BOOM.

Though I wonder what kind of BOOM we'll get. Some rusty half hearted BOOM, or the good old BAM BAM KAM BOOM!

If we don't get the latter I'll probably be annoyed as I am a fickle, fair weather fan.

Bring me a Super Bowl Diddy.

SC

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":21ylotdj said:
Happy he's back but still really pissed he didn't come to this conclusion 3 weeks ago. Dude put us behind the 8 ball because of greed. The most important unit on the team, and he put himself above his brothers.

And how do we know he doesn't pull this shit again next year?

HF77 is right, there is going to be some resentment. There is going to be a lot of players happy as hell to have him back too.

This team needs to have an airing of grievances of sorts and reboot the season starting now.

I struggle with lots of this. I mean aren't all players putting themselves above "their brothers" when they take the max contracts? Doesn't Wilson's "greed" hurt our financial flexibility going forward?

We don't know why Kam held out. Maybe his injury is something he fears will end his career early and he wanted to frontload? We don't know. I do agree he will need to explain it to his teammates. I just don't see them holding a long grudge about it.

I also can't agree with the inference that we are 0-2 because the safety missed two games.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Maybe we can look at it this way. Losing the 2 games bites, but we did get good extended experience for Bailey and Shead, playing reps that could loom large later in the season.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Welcome back Kam!

However, still did not like the holdout. Now bring your A game come Sunday!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
excited he's back and it will stop being a distraction for the team. But like others... torn, the damage is DONE. We are 0-2, 2 back in the division, 3 back on GB for hfa, 0-2 vs nfc the first tie breaker in 3 way ties. Him being out was directly responsible for atleast the STL game, they prob lose gb but you never know if he makes a Carolina playoff game type play to help us......

This team is going to feel those two losses.... and they could be directly responsible for why they don't get back to the superbowl....

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
HommyHawk":cslrxj9q said:
31 other teams are now practicing self defeces.
I took a self defeces class once. I reached brown belt :thirishdrinkers: