Kam PI was BS

Seanhawk

Reaction score
It should have been a no call, but Kam wasn't entirely blame free. Had he not reached his right arm across Rudolph's body, it would have been a lot more clear.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I was really mad they called PI on that. It was obvious what Rudolph's agenda was and he got away with it.

evergreen

Reaction score
It's just like what Larry fixtgerald tried to do to us except it worked. It's like coincidental pick play. Manufacturing penalties. On the edge of cheating.

BigMeach

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3f7olsgq said:
Pretty cut and dry PI . Caught him on his heels

Flat footed? Kam's on his toes for one. Secondly, Rudolph runs the route wrong, he's supposed to take more of an angle as you'll see the ball shortly thereafter. Blatantly trying to draw contact and get a flag, which isn't wrong to do as it happens in all sports but here it shouldn't have been a penalty on Kam, if anything it should have been an OPI.

If Rudolph runs the route correctly Kam is going to be under to try and knock down the pass. Please explain to me how Kam should play this here that works.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It was a terrible call, but Kam got away with DPI on McKinnon earlier in the game too.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Everything I've seen says it shouldn't have been called. Especially the way this game was being called.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Feels to me like a late-game directive in hopes of keeping Seattle out of the Superb Owl for the third year in a row. That's bad for ratings.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm starting to lean more towards PI. I know Kam is entitled to his space, but he is moving before Rudolph even gets to him. If Kam were planted in that area, then sure it's a no call or Offensive PI, but Kam was back-peddaling and shuffling his feet.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":ir8d3j59 said:
I'm starting to lean more towards PI. I know Kam is entitled to his space, but he is moving before Rudolph even gets to him. If Kam were planted in that area, then sure it's a no call or Offensive PI, but Kam was back-peddaling and shuffling his feet.
Even if he was backpedaling it makes the offensive PI more egregious.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2kxzx710 said:
Hawk-Lock":2kxzx710 said:
Even if he was backpedaling it makes the offensive PI more egregious.

Right. This isn't basketball.

Hawks46

Reaction score
getnasty":2lvjjg14 said:
He got beat on a double move, that was pi

I would call that illegal contact, not PI.

Now, the call on Sherman was complete horse shit.

McG

Reaction score
After watching that GIF it's simple, the receiver slightly zigs then zags back into Chancellor who was barely moving. Your instinct as a human being, much less a NFL DB is to put your arms up when someone or something is coming right at you. Chancellor didn't "interfere" with the pass catching situation, he just protected himself from getting run over. Based on the movement of the offensive player and the "route" he runs, this would be offensive PI or a no call, at worst.

BS call? Yeah, it was. My personal opinion is a no call, especially in a late game situation like this.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hawkpower":lqkxr5la said:
SMH at the people who think it was PI.

That was a total "draw a PI" play by Rudolph and he got it, but make no mistake about it, contact was only made because the TE initiated it. That kind of weak pansy call by a ref ruins games.

As another poster said, what was Kam supposed to do, jump out of the way?

So much this. PI was the only offense they could generate at that point.

So much BS about that being called. Kam wasn't even stepping forward, ie, initiating contact.

That ref tried, oh how he tried, to be a local hero.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Pete said he didn't think it was a PI. I will defer to his wisdom. Anyone who is saying that is clearly a PI... I find your conclusions weird. What the heck is KAM supposed to do there?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Rudolph was clearly trying to draw the call. I can't believe the refs let themselves get played like that. Here's hoping Carolina doesn't get any ideas next week.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
wasn't an official P/I, but bad calls happen and this one was against us.
Football.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There were a number of BS calls by the refs - Kam's DPI, Sherman's DPI, and Avril's roughing the passer. The refs are a joke. A divine intervention occurred and justice prevailed. The Seahawks were playing the weather elements, Vikings, and refs today. They overcame all.