Keep an eye out for new poster PeterMP

The Radish

Reaction score
He's a Redskins fan with a unique idea I'd wager many here would be interested in.

Here is an email I just received from him. I like what he has to say and think many here will be too.

:les:

I'm actually a Redskins fan and what there is a lot of talk in Redskins
land about the value of the read option and the QB running. As a result,
somebody has gone through and put together a video of all of RGIII's
designed runs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2UcgGAZNeo

I'd like to compare them to the samething for Wilson. I'm interested in
are there differences between the way that the Redskins use and run RGIII
and the Seahawks Wilson.

(I'd also be interested in a video of all of Wilson's undesigned
scrambles, while that hasn't been done for RGIII, I'd be willing to bet
I could find somebody that would do it.)

I am curious if anybody in your board knows of such a video or woud be
willing to do so.

I would share anything that results in terms of looking for differences
with your board.

Peter

drdiags

Reaction score
Nice collection. Surprised he didn't have the RGIII run for a game-winning TD against the Vikings. Maybe that wasn't a planned run? Sounds like a good idea but not volunteering.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
If I was a Redskins fan I just watched my Quarterback take way too much punishment in that video. RG3 wont be in the league long if he keeps taking those kind of shots. Like watching a RB play QB. Fun to watch but you have to wonder for how long.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3n6uapro said:
If I was a Redskins fan I just watched my Quarterback take way too much punishment in that video. RG3 wont be in the league long if he keeps taking those kind of shots. Like watching a RB play QB. Fun to watch but you have to wonder for how long.

Especially playing on that joke of a field at FedEx.

Dismas

Reaction score
Yeah.

The first thing I noticed was that he really gets hit a lot. Probably more solid hits on him in the first 3 games worth of runs than Russell took the whole season.
If the Redskins don't change things up to protect him a lot better, they are going to lose him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I hope somebody puts together all of Wilson's.

I had seen all those before, but not put together like that. It's pretty clear to me that officials have instructions to protect this dude. a few of those brutal hits were legal and still got flagged.

Griffen will not play long in the NFL if that is going to be his norm.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
The number one thing i noticed was shannahan is a putz. He but his qb in danger instead of handing off up big. Sorry wash. great qb not going to be around long if shannahan is coach.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
2:41 good god man, its a qb not a hitting dumby. This guy will not last long like this. Waist of a lot of potential.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I never realized RG3 was so aggressive as a runner. He's definitely got a short career if he keeps that up; wow...

Apeman00

Reaction score
Two thirds though the video they started getting better at it. The First two thirds he was taking some brutal hits. If I remember correctly I think Wilson only took one or two hard hits.

PGunning101

Reaction score
Closest I've seen to a video focusing on Russell Wilson's running is the back half of this highlight video:

http://youtu.be/G_0eRWIqr7s?t=3m28s

The maker pretty well segregated it into regular passing plays for the first 3:30 and then runs/scrambles for the 2nd half. But it's only highlights so it doesn't tell the full story.

Nateruw

Reaction score
I'm less concerned about the hard hits than I am about the way he gets dragged down from behind all the time. He is getting bent backwards way to many times in that video. He's a little to long and lean to be running that close to D-Linemen. In the open field its whatever. But a simple arm tackle/horse coller from a 300lb'r and there goes your QB for the year. I'm suprized his knees lasted as long as they did...

Hawks46

Reaction score
Interesting compilation. A few things:

Agree with some of the above comments. A few very legal hits were flagged. Griffin was also lobbying for a few more he didn't get.

Cincinatti's defense is nasty. They SMACK people. I'm amazed RG3 made it out of that game.

Griffin couldv'e, and should've, taken more punishment. There were at least a dozen times a defender had an angle on him and just pushed him out of bounds instead of lowering a shoulder. If I'm a defender and I have that shot on a QB, bet your ass I'm hitting the guy and not pushing him out.

RG3 takes a ton of punishment on the RO plays that go Off Tackle or outside. When he runs a QB draw up the teeth of the defense, he rarely gets hit, and didn't take a lot of square shots. I would've thought the opposite.

I would take Russell Wilson over RG3 after watching that, I don't care what numbers RG3 put up last year. Wilson is so much smarter about running; he's going to be around 10 years. Griffin isn't at this pace.. And yes, Shanahan is an idiot. Up 31-6 and Griffin is running the RO. In the 4th quarter, he shouldn't even be in that game.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I thought you guys were exaggerating a bit about the hits RGIII is taking. Then I watched the video.

I love this guy as a player; he has the heart of Marshawn Lynch on some of these runs, bulling forward and willingly taking contact. He's got to STOP. DOING. THAT. but there is something lovable, if not foolhardy, about this QB not shying away from contact.

Jac

Reaction score
Wilson has this "weaving" nature to his running style that keeps him away from alot of big hits, whereas it looks like Griffin likes to slash through the heart of the defense with sheer speed (regardless of contact). I also don't think Wilson seeks contact on the sideline, whereas Griffin often does (or did). Wilson's baseball background also makes him a natural slider. One thing you'll notice between those two videos (and I realize the Seahawks one is only representative), it looks like Griffin has a much higher number of designed runs.

Sac

Reaction score
PGunning101":1b5gdck4 said:
Closest I've seen to a video focusing on Russell Wilson's running is the back half of this highlight video:

http://youtu.be/G_0eRWIqr7s?t=3m28s

The maker pretty well segregated it into regular passing plays for the first 3:30 and then runs/scrambles for the 2nd half. But it's only highlights so it doesn't tell the full story.

The very last play on this video is Matt Flynn.

12evanf

Reaction score
That video: How to Blow Out a Knee in 16 Steps. RGIII is getting hit on every play!

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
I never realized just how much of a beating he took last season, no wonder he couldn't finish out the season.

It's like Shanny got himself a brand-spankin new Mercedes last year and felt the need to head for the hills and do some 4 wheelin'