Keeping the O-line

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Fade":gymv0olk said:
Brown just signed a 3 year extension. He isn't being cut.

Fant will be tendered. So he will be back.

I would try to keep Sweezy & Fluker in the fold. The O-Line has just gone through 5 years of hell, and I wouldn't want to start over so quickly.

If the market stays cool on Sweezy he should be brought back, if not you have to let him go.

Fluker is the key guy to re-sign, and I can see teams willing to spend a lot more money on him than Sweezy. He is younger, and has a 1st rd pedigree. I would try and get Fluker done in DEC to keep him from hitting the open market.

What Fluker is doing right now is so hard to find. So to me he is the imperative signing.

It would be awesome to return all 5 starters for once.

They have depth as well now. Fant, Pocic, Hunt, & a rookie tackle Jamarco Jones who I like quite a bit.
Yeah, I'd sign them but also have an eye towards drafting Sweezy and Flukers replacements. They're just stop gaps, but they're doing their job very well. It is worth signing them again, and trying to find a permanent replacement at the same time.

sutz

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3po7lyxv said:
Yeah, I'd sign them but also have an eye towards drafting Sweezy and Flukers replacements. They're just stop gaps, but they're doing their job very well. It is worth signing them again, and trying to find a permanent replacement at the same time.
Maybe doesn't neet to be said, but I don't think anybody believes we should not draft any OL over the next few drafts. No way. I assume we'll take at least a couple every year. Especially now with a better coach it behooves us to keep quality players in the pipe line.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I'd say Fluker is a priority. Sweezy could be replaced by Pocic, Simmons or Odhiambo. Jones and Fant are still valuable as backups. And a few shots at OL in the draft (especially looking to replace Brown who's not getting any younger).

But if we keep Fluker, an OL group of Brown, Pocic, Britt, Fluker, Ifedi backed up by Fant, Jones, Simmons, Odhiambo, Hunt doesn't look that bad to me. If we can get Sweezy on a cheap deal, I'm ok with that as well.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seymour":apkx4wga said:
The reasons for success are as follows, and listed in order.

1) Solari in Cable out.
2) Improved play calling, design (power blocking) and running attack.
3) Fluker then Sweezy.
4) Ifedi finally getting it and not killing drives. (vastly helped by 1,2)
5) Graham out and Dissly, Dickson in.

If we can just sign Fluker to a 3-4 year deal we'll be good. Getting Sweezy to sign too would be a nice bonus. We have $62M in cap next year at this point, and neither of those guys should be expensive.

Absolutely spot on.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Regarding our OL, I would avoid any change whatsoever. Presently at $3M per year combined, I would look to budget and hope to sign both Sweezy and Fluker's for a few years at about $10M per year combined. In other words, about $4-$6M per year per man. Both have been highly effective even though Fluker gets more press.