Kris Richard To Interview For Colts HC Job

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Aros":2tvkai31 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He's my least favorite DC in recent years. Nothing personal. Seems firey and animated. Seemed to be a good DB coach but I just don't think he's a great DC.

He's had his moments where you can say " where the hell has that been?" Liked him as a player and as a DB coach, felt like he fell into the non aggressive Bradley version of Pete's D. Think he is doing what Pete wants and to this day I don't think PC was sad to see Quinn go.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":28bdw9t7 said:
Aros":28bdw9t7 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing him go. He's my least favorite DC in recent years. Nothing personal. Seems firey and animated. Seemed to be a good DB coach but I just don't think he's a great DC.

He's had his moments where you can say " where the hell has that been?" Liked him as a player and as a DB coach, felt like he fell into the non aggressive Bradley version of Pete's D. Think he is doing what Pete wants and to this day I don't think PC was sad to see Quinn go.

If indeed true Pete sounds like a real narcissist.

Gio

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3177r7vm said:
Good, hopefully they bring in Ken Norton Jr to replace him with. He got a raw deal in Oakland

What are the possibilities to bring Ken back ? I'd love to have him as our DCoach

Reaction score
Bevell and Cable get all the criticism but they aren't the ones who have the bulk of the talent, Richard is, and he's failed to deliver. Obviously injuries have had a major say in the way the season has unfolded but even when Richard had Sherman, Chancellor, Shaq, Wagner, Wright, ETIII, Richardson, Avril, Bennett and Clark, the defence has never looked like it should be capable of. People are talking about this group aging but bar a couple, I don't agree, I think there's at least 7 Seahawks players this year who will make future Pro Bowls.

Cable and Bevell deserve criticism but in their defence, they're working with a 1992 Toyota and expected to win a drag race. Richard has a finely tuned Ferrari at his disposable and is still failing to deliver.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, he seems to be not getting near the flack that Cable and Bevell do. The D has given up a lot of points and big plays this year. And the miscommunications have happened since he has taken over. At the end of games, numerous times, they have crapped the bed. Would love to see change there as well.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The only thing that gives me pause about this is I can't imagine the Colts are dumb enough to be seriously interested in a HC from the defensive side of the ball given how much their fate hinges on them no longer tanking the career of Andrew Luck. I know Isray is dumb, but I can't imagine he's THAT dumb.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Kris Richard is no Dan Quinn, but dismissing him as mediocre? I find that a bit over the top. He's not great, but he's good to really good. With our defense at full strength he had us at number 1 or top 3. With injuries he made great adjustments in certain games. We can't on the one hand give only the players the credit when we're great then blame Richards when we're not. We didn't do that for Dan

Could this be the Rooney rule? Sure, but there are a lot of other minority candidates they could have interviewed that would have been less a waste of time. If you're going to simply dismiss what Richard has done as the Rooney rule, then you better be willing to call Cable being called for a head coaching gig at any point a racial hire as well. Because Cable has been mediocre his entire career

Kris Richard is no worse than Gus imo. I am also disturbed by the long 3rd down conversions though. Good coordinator, definitely not elite. And let's be honest, it's unlikely any coordinator will replace Dan

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1cgfm0za said:
Could this be the Rooney rule? Sure, but there are a lot of other minority candidates they could have interviewed that would have been less a waste of time. If you're going to simply dismiss what Richard has done as the Rooney rule, then you better be willing to call Cable being called for a head coaching gig at any point a racial hire as well. Because Cable has been mediocre his entire career

They're also interviewing Steve Wilks so no, this isn't a Rooney Rule interview.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Out of all three of our defensive coordinators, Richard was the one I'm least worried about.

Latest posts