Kyle Shanahan is an OC Nothing More

Fade

Reaction score
I've railed on Kyle in the past as being an OC doing an impression of a HC. He shut me up the 2nd half of last year making it to the NFCCG with Jimmy G (who is trash, so I found that to be impressive.)

But how he has handled Trey Lance, and manages his team overall, while still having a career losing record as a HC despite having all of that talent. I'm back on the this train.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Yeah but it doesn’t help when you have a quarterback that steps out of the end zone and throws a pick six on the same play. The 49ers have been just plagued by subpar quarterbacks since Young retired

Trey Lance was just a poor draft choice period.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Let's see what happens on Monday.

Apparently Kyle "owns" McVay in the regular season.

All chips on the table again....it is a regular season game. On prime time.

RedAlice

Reaction score
As a Rams fan, it is true that the Rams have lost to Niners a lot.

Will this change on Monday?

Do the Niners remain the team that McVay just cannot beat in normal time? Or does it change?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Right....he's an "OC only" who rebuilt an entire team and took them to a SB and another NFC Championship with a limited QB.

You guys crack me up sometimes. LOL.

@RedAlice Should be fun on Monday Night. Honestly I've always thought that the Rams struggled against the 49ers because they were weak where the 49ers were strong...IE Jimmy strength is quick short to mid level passing in middle of the field and ILB has been a real weakness of the Rams. The speed and Jimmys release negates the pass rush.

Vs Seattle, the 49ers strength was negated because they were so good at ILB and Bobby Wagner was always good for a tip or INT.

Well...now Bobby Wagner is a Ram.

I'm dubious of Shanahans "ownage" of McVay continuing.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The only thing Jimmy G is good at is his cadence and trying to lure the defense offsides. He leads the all time list in the history of the league in drawing the defense offsides.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Right....he's an "OC only" who rebuilt an entire team and took them to a SB and another NFC Championship with a limited QB.

@RedAlice Should be fun on Monday Night. Honestly I've always thought that the Rams struggled against the 49ers because they were weak where the 49ers were strong...IE Jimmy strength is quick short to mid level passing in middle of the field and ILB has been a real weakness of the Rams. The speed and Jimmys release negates the pass rush.

Vs Seattle, the 49ers strength was negated because they were so good at ILB and Bobby Wagner was always good for a tip or INT.

Yeah, the Rams definitely need to keep the Niners 3rd down long as they have rocked the short shit.

Also seems to be some mind **** between the coaches. Did someone sleep with someone's GF when they were all friends or something? Or maybe, hey well who knows.....

Bobby Wagner is definitely more important on Monday than he has been so far as a Ram.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Also @Marvin49

I gotta give the Webzone some credit. They are all not acting like Homer little pussies right now. I was gonna make a nice comment, but they seem kinda miserable.

Even Elquapo is being realistic.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score

Kyle wrecked the franchise. No where to go but down. It's hard to overcome giving up the draft capitol for Lance, mismanaging him, and still being able to overcome it.

Could still make the playoffs in a down NFC this year, but they are not a threat.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Also @Marvin49

I gotta give the Webzone some credit. They are all not acting like Homer little pussies right now. I was gonna make a nice comment, but they seem kinda miserable.

Even Elquapo is being realistic.
LOL.

I haven't been on the Webzone for some time now. Its not really fun for me anymore. Here when I'm arguing its with a fan of another team. There...its fighting over Jimmy/Trey, etc. Not really into the infighting.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Kyle wrecked the franchise. No where to go but down. It's hard to overcome giving up the draft capitol for Lance, mismanaging him, and still being able to overcome it.

Could still make the playoffs in a down NFC this year, but they are not a threat.
uh...M'Kay.

Team was one of the worst in the NFL when he came in, now has been to the NFCCG twice and a SB when his QBs stay healthy. "Wrecked the Franchise" because they gave up 1st rounders?

Right.

Meanwhile they are drafting guys who look freakin' outstanding in the 5th round (Hufanga, Lenoir) and their free agents are hitting (Charvarious Ward, Ebukam). Drake Jackson looks like a player and both their young guards have played well.

Losing 1sts hurts but not quite so bad when they are hitting on their other picks late in the draft.

Simply wanting it to be true doesn't make it so.

94Smith

Reaction score
Niners have the best defense in the league. They added an all pro calibre SS in Hufunga and a Pro bowl calibre CB in Charvarious Ward and shored up it’s weakness. And Jimmy ward is coming back this week along with Jason Verret.

They don’t need Jimmy G to be good. They just need him to Dilfer/ Brad Johnson his way to the super bowl . This defense could be special

knownone

Reaction score
Kyle's a great coach. And if anything is holding that team back, it's some of their suspect personnel decisions.

That defense looks legit. But I don't think the Niners are Super Bowl contenders unless Jimmy G plays like a top 15 QB.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Kyle's a great coach. And if anything is holding that team back, it's some of their suspect personnel decisions.

That defense looks legit. But I don't think the Niners are Super Bowl contenders unless Jimmy G plays like a top 15 QB.
I don't know, Jimmy G's already been to two NFCCG as middling to worse and this defense looks to possibly be even better than those, so I don't know that he has to play any better than he already has this year, which is middling to worse.

Fact is, I still think he's an improvement over Lance.

cymatica

Reaction score
Offensive minded head coach has the best defense in the league, with a suspect offense

Defensive minded head coach has Geno Smith playing his best ever and just put up 555 yards, with a putrid defense

Funny how the NFL works out sometimes