Kyle Shanahan supposedly likely to be 49ers coach

SeatownJay

Reaction score
ivotuk":3by5518x said:
FalconsFanNW":3by5518x said:
I can't for the life of me figure out why he would take that job and leave Atlanta. Outside of the obvious "it's a head coaching position" he has nothing in SF.

Horrible ownership
Horrible roster

Why?

+1

When asked why Gus Bradley did so poorly, Pete Carroll said "He didn't wait for the right position.' Took over a crap team, with a crap FO, and no QB.

Dan Quinn accepted the HC for a good to great team, with an MVP caliber QB, and voila!

If Shanahan accepts SF job, he's going to look like shit for 3 years, then get fired. Where's his QB? Where's his defense? Nothing there.
Speaking of Bradley, apparently SF wanted him to be their new DC but he told him he'd only be the DC if they hired Cable as head coach, he didn't want to work for anyone else.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He should take the job and make Steve Young GM. Or if not available, his dad

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If Jed isn't giving him the keys to the kingdom, then probably a bad move despite the HC opportunity.

Jed will eventually learn (it might be 20 years) and start making good choices. If he has gotten to that point, it could be a golden opportunity for Shanahan. I wouldn't be sorry to see Atlanta lose their OC, lol.

That being said, I think he could be a good coach and I don't want that for the 49ers. You know what? I'm actually lying. I loved the rivalry we had for a few years with the Niners. They were so hateable, particularly with Harbaugh. It helps that we kept one-upping the 49ers whenever it mattered.

chris98251

Reaction score
From what I read he basically gets to hire his own GM, gets to have control of personnel, control of the draft, is going to be the highest paid first time Head Coach.

He did get the keys to the Kingdom, the only thing I didn't see is locking York out of the Facilities.

He got Pete's deal in a Nutshell.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Looks like they should have kept Harbaugh...... I'm glad they didn't though!

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":1beuq0ey said:
From what I read he basically gets to hire his own GM, gets to have control of personnel, control of the draft, is going to be the highest paid first time Head Coach.

He did get the keys to the Kingdom, the only thing I didn't see is locking York out of the Facilities.

He got Pete's deal in a Nutshell.

Yes. the only thing I was worried about is Kyle making the Niners great again. But then, Kyle running the Niners will make them better, and honestly, that is good for all of us.

NFCW!!!!!

I do wonder how long little Jed likes this though. I see two scenarios with Jed handing over the keys where he secretly has his own key:

Kyle is hugely successful. Jed feels so smart.

Kyle stumbles or has issues and then has to bat heads with Jed.

Make no mistake here, Kyle gets control, but this is all about Jed.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Jud's analytics guy Paraag Marathe has equity in the team and has injected himself into high-level hires, game strategy and so forth. It would work more smoothly if Maranthe reported to the GM.

OP
OP
5_Golden_Rings

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3nxrpuge said:
Jud's analytics guy Paraag Marathe has equity in the team and has injected himself into high-level hires, game strategy and so forth. It would work more smoothly if Maranthe reported to the GM.
This is spot on. MaRAThe has been lurking like Smeagol for far too long. If he has power over Shanahan, this will end up a burning, sinking ship.

Wait... it already is one lol.

Maybe it will be the Challenger instead.

RedAlice

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3cufkelq said:
SantaClaraHawk":3cufkelq said:
This is spot on. MaRAThe has been lurking like Smeagol for far too long. If he has power over Shanahan, this will end up a burning, sinking ship.

Wait... it already is one lol.

Maybe it will be the Challenger instead.

Wait, I don't get it. Kyle is a good hire. I was just kinda joking how long before he butts heads w Jed.

You mean there is more?

And, if so, why in the HELL would he take this job? It's his name on the line.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I think it's quite telling that everyone else they wanted to hire has refused due to them wanting Shanahan. That should be setting a few alarm bells off.

Also LOL at the usual "why would he leave the Falcons" brigade as if they are somehow an NFL powerhouse with Superbowls coming out of their ears. Truth is they probably are next years Panthers.

RedAlice

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":39rkeewl said:
I think it's quite telling that everyone else they wanted to hire has refused due to them wanting Shanahan. That should be setting a few alarm bells off.

Also LOL at the usual "why would he leave the Falcons" brigade as if they are somehow an NFL powerhouse with Superbowls coming out of their ears. Truth is they probably are next years Panthers.

Ryan is not Cam, keep wishing.

and Kyle is good.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2ssg2r7u said:

I LOL'ed at this.

Don't hate bro. With Quinn in charge and all the young talent we have on both sides of the ball I'm confident the Falcons will be relevant for a few years.

As someone else said, Ryan is not Scam Newton.

ringless

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":j3exzslx said:
UK_Seahawk":j3exzslx said:

I LOL'ed at this.

Don't hate bro. With Quinn in charge and all the young talent we have on both sides of the ball I'm confident the Falcons will be relevant for a few years.

As someone else said, Ryan is not Scam Newton.

Relevant but not likely to repeat the performance from this year. History says otherwise and I mean that league wide. I remember when the 49ers were going to be good forever, and I remember when Seattle was going to be unstoppable after they won their super bowl, played GB opening night, and had Percy Harvin run a reverse. It was going to be an unstoppable offense and defense. But things happen. Free agency, big contracts, coaches leaving, salary cap, other teams improving, injuries. More is working against than for you.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
ringless":179z7kxp said:
Relevant but not likely to repeat the performance from this year. History says otherwise and I mean that league wide. I remember when the 49ers were going to be good forever, and I remember when Seattle was going to be unstoppable after they won their super bowl, played GB opening night, and had Percy Harvin run a reverse. It was going to be an unstoppable offense and defense. But things happen. Free agency, big contracts, coaches leaving, salary cap, other teams improving, injuries. More is working against than for you.

Of course... anything can happen with injuries, free agency and the salary cap. It's difficult to keep a team together and winning unless you're the Patriots. Seattle has also had a nice 5 year run after putting that defense together.

I'm confident though after a 3 year rebuild and with Ryan in his prime and the young talent around him good things will happen. Ryan probably won't repeat his MVP season (yes, he's MVP over Brady and Rodgers) but I'm sure he'll still be an elite QB.

Our young D needs a few more pieces to be a real force. Offensively we might not break records like we did this season but should still be a very good offense.

Right now I'm not even thinking about next season... all I care about is beating Green Bay and then bringing home the Lombardi.

Largent80

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2qp3giko said:
this Atlanta offense isn't going anywhere.

Which if they make it to the SB, and lose it would be more enticing to stay and try to get that done.

So, in reality, if you want him to stay, you have to hope to lose.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Largent80":115nt3m6 said:
FalconsFanNW":115nt3m6 said:
this Atlanta offense isn't going anywhere.

Which if they make it to the SB, and lose it would be more enticing to stay and try to get that done.

So, in reality, if you want him to stay, you have to hope to lose.

That ain't happening. LOL

Good luck in SF Kyle.

Before the door hits you in the ass on the way out... help us bring home the Lombardi!

Rambitious

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1xjd7zgb said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775827/article/kyle-shanahan-expected-to-become-49ers-new-head-coach

Of course as a 49er fan I must assume the worst, as we have been doing since George Seifert was a paranoid defensive coordinator.

link above":1xjd7zgb said:
The 49ers have offered Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan their vacant head coaching job, and Shanahan is almost certain to agree, according to sources familiar with both parties' intentions. Because of NFL rules, the two sides cannot formally agree to a deal until after the Falcons' season is over, but barring an unforeseen change of heart on either side, Shanahan will eventually be signed to a multi-year contract.

Shanahan, according to sources, will get to help pick the 49ers' next general manager, with Green Bay Packers director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst the leading candidate.

Again, I'll assume he'll decline, but should he choose to sign with them, I will be ecstatic. Say what you want about his lack of experience as a HC or his supposed personal issues with players or staff members, but in my opinion his scheme is and has been the best offense in football for more than 20 years (Just look at his dad's track record, and then his own, and even Kubiac and yes, Seattle, Minnesota and several other teams). More, I think he's probably among the best two or three play callers in the league right now.

So if he accepts I'll be pretty stoked. But the 49ers being owned by Jed, it will probably end up getting Yorked up.

I think he's the best HC candidate this go around.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
I like Colin SackOrPick in in your avatar. Do you root for him every sunday? When he wins, is that the highlight of your life?

OP
OP
5_Golden_Rings

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RationalNiner":2ts72wec said:
I like Colin SackOrPick in in your avatar. Do you root for him every sunday? When he wins, is that the highlight of your life?
Since I'm the only one with him in my avatar, I assume you're talking to me.

Now, first, to answer your question: Do I root for Kaepernick every Sunday... the 49er fan that does not is not a 49er fan and needs to GTFO the bandwagon. The second question, when he wins is it the highlight of my life? No, but of my week? YES. Why? BECAUSE I BLEED DAT RED AND GOLD. When GABBERT wins it's the same thing. Savvy? When the 49ers QB wins, that means the 49ers win, that means I rejoice.

Now, as to the actual reason he's in my avatar. Well, you'll notice it's freaking hilarious. It's playing up Wilson's midget status and reinforcing Kaepernick's lanky airheadedness. No one denies it's hysterical. :177692:

*btw if you didn't notice Russell Wilson is in that pic too, well... :34853_doh:

rlkats

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1ni5xitq said:
RationalNiner":1ni5xitq said:
Since I'm the only one with him in my avatar, I assume you're talking to me.

Now, first, to answer your question: Do I root for Kaepernick every Sunday... the 49er fan that does not is not a 49er fan and needs to GTFO the bandwagon. The second question, when he wins is it the highlight of my life? No, but of my week? YES. Why? BECAUSE I BLEED DAT RED AND GOLD. When GABBERT wins it's the same thing. Savvy? When the 49ers QB wins, that means the 49ers win, that means I rejoice.

Now, as to the actual reason he's in my avatar. Well, you'll notice it's freaking hilarious. It's playing up Wilson's midget status and reinforcing Kaepernick's lanky airheadedness. No one denies it's hysterical. :177692:

*btw if you didn't notice Russell Wilson is in that pic too, well... :34853_doh:

Ok so here we go. If you don't root for kapershit your a bandwagon fan. News flash super fan kapershit is crap. Take the two face political bs away and you still have a crappy QB that can't read a D at all. But the dude is stylish with his pig cop socks and 1960's Afro and the panther fist when he does something he gets paid a shit load of money for.

As a real Niners fan I want better. I want a face of the franchise that has class, has professionalism, and is a true QB. Not an athlete that can run and throw hard as hell.

Latest posts