Lacy should never start. Carson should.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3dpre0oq said:
Everything the offense does is predictable. Any common man could read what were doing, and that there lies the problem.

Honestly?; The only thing that could have been considered "Predictable", is how bad the O-Line would execute at every phase of the game.
The Packers were licking their chops when Pete put Lacey in there....It's not like they don't know his every weakness, and how his ass would be stymied by a piss poor Run Push from our inept O-Line.
By putting Lacey in there, the Seahawks played right to the Packers strengths.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
Carson looks so much better, it's not even close. He plants a foot and cuts hard, seems to see the cutback lanes when they're there, always falling forward for that extra yard or 2. I definitely want him starting and getting more carries.

That being said, he's a rookie who played in a pass first offense in college. He hasn't come close to carrying the workload of a bell cow back for a 16 game season. I'd still like to see Lacy get plenty of work in easier games (49ers, Colts etc) to keep the rookie fresh and ready for a full workload come playoffs.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Give Lacy back the keys to the Chinese buffet and let him play guard.

Seafan

Reaction score
Carson did start.

The team should have handed him the ball the first three plays and punted if necessary. They needed to get the OL in the right mind set. Poor game plan.

Lacy can't play behind this OL as they played Sunday. There needs to be changes/improvement.

The offense scored one less point than last year.

The defense gave up A LOT fewer points than last year considering RW gave the Pack the ball on the 6.

The refs really screwed the Hawks but those issues weren't the deciding factors. Cliff Avril didn't need to be near Rodgers on the return and he screwed Naz's first NFL TD. If Lane had not retaliated he would have stayed in the game. No he didn't throw a punch but the receivers were in his head and he acted like Tharold Simon instead of Sherman. A player doesn't need to throw a punch to be accused of doing it. He should not have been wrestling Adams and shoving his forearm into his throat, that's what got him ejected. The good thing is that Shaq and Coleman looked really good and got some excellent exposure they may not get the rest of the season, there aren't many Aaron Rodger types on the schedule.
The refs missed the facemask by Adams and should have had offsetting penalties there.

If you go back and look at the tape Rees wasn't destroyed on that early play he tripped over Luke's big foot.

There are some things the OL needs to clean up and the OL is fixable. Part of their issues were the game plan and play calling and that is something I don't know if the Hawks are going to change.

The good news is the team really doesn't play in a harder game than yesterday for the next 16 weeks and the team is a lot healthier than they were at this time last season.

Go, Hawks!

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":coevc9n3 said:
Carson had one big run and then 5 carries for 9 yards. He hasn't reached the Hall of Fame yet.

Which is +300% better than 5 carries for 3 yards Lacy put out.

Also Carson blocks well and looks more explosive catching the ball.

After witnessing that putrid offense, people are looking for any glimmer of hope. I don't blame them myself.