Start Chris Carson

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Here's my question:

If all our RB's were 100% Healthy, Jacked and Ready to Rock, then which of them do you start, who do you want to see get the rock on 1st and 10 from the 20, 80 yards to go against GB?

I lean towards TR or EL, either way is plenty good.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2sqv6ow0 said:
Here's my question:

If all our RB's were 100% Healthy, Jacked and Ready to Rock, then which of them do you start, who do you want to see get the rock on 1st and 10 from the 20, 80 yards to go against GB?

I lean towards TR, or EL, either way.

Carson.

Big, physical, smart, can catch and block and has the perfect Terrell Davis one cut and hit the hole hard running style. I don't need to see anything else.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rcv5brk said:
LeftHandSmoke":1rcv5brk said:
Here's my question:

I lean towards TR, or EL, either way.

Carson.

Big, physical, smart, can catch and block and has the perfect Terrell Davis one cut and hit the hole hard running style. I don't need to see anything else.
Yes, they may well think the same way, it'll be very interesting to see.

Carson has gotten a lot of play but it could be that TR, EL, maybe even AC, are being 'saved' for now; and that all 3 could have done as well or better with the same opportunities.

Here's another question I have:

Which Seattle RB would be most coveted by other teams, again given 100% good condition?

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2z8whhgk said:

Good interview, but it seems to point to Rawls/Lacy being the starters and Carson as depth.

We'll get our answer Thursday, if Carson and the rest of the backups are out there most of the game, then we know Pete's saving Rawls and Lacy for the opener along with the rest of the starters.

Hawks46

Reaction score
bigskydoc":ndqgk6if said:
Let's just ignore the example I used. I'll put it more directly and simply.

For those of us who feel Carson should be a day-1 starter, or a day-1 second string. Are you comfortable enough with this assessment to put Lacy up for trade, assuming we can find someone to trade with, to fill a position of need?

Actually, a better way to put this would be: would you rather have Lacy, Collins, or Davis ?

The question shouldn't be: would you rather have Carson or Lacy? Because you can keep both. They're likely to keep at least 4 RB's. At this point, one of the biggest questions is do you stash Prosise on IR, or do you ride it out this season and cut him if he can't stay healthy again.

Personally, I'd keep Lacy over Collins or Davis. Lacy is our biggest back, and he's good at catching out of the backfield. He also has the most experience. Trading Lacy would make Rawls the elder statesman, assuming Davis doesn't make the team.

You're also then counting on Rawls AND Prosise to stay healthy because if you trade Lacy, you have Carson....Rawls, Prosise, Collins and/or McKissic.

I love me some Rawls but he's proving to not be durable either. Carson ends up getting hurt.......and we're looking at last year all over again. Not sure why you'd trade Lacy and potentially put yourself in that position. The defense is aging. The window is NOW. Keep your best players and make your run. Don't get cute and start trading people.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Why all the hate on Lacy? He averaged over 5 ypc. I like Carson. I want to see him in the regular season. Prove it to me in the regular season then we will talk.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The good news is what Coach Morton suggested: Whoever is healthy will be good enough to get it done.

My hope is that TR, EL and CJ get healthy sooner rather than later but Carson has for sure shown strong ability for in case he's needed even in game 1.

Depth here is the great thing, after 17 (?) effing guys tried to carry the ball last year.

If they keep (as has been usual under PCJS) just 4 RB's, and if Marcel is one of them (perhaps waived then re-signed) then: it's actually unlikely that CC makes the 53 over TR, EL, and CJ.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xc69o8j said:
I don't care, I've run out of patience with Rawls, and Prosise for that matter.........

After one season? Damn. I'd hate to be....well, ANYONE in your life.

Everyone talked about how fed up they were with Okung's injury. He went to another team and didn't get injured.

Everyone talked about how fed up they were with Unger's injury. He went to another team and didn't get injured.

It just goes to show that gambling against injury is annoying and doesn't always go the way you want.

As far as Rawls and Prosise, when they were on the field, they produced, and at a top-of-the-league level. There was no warmup. They got in there and immediately started ripping off big plays. That's potential for which you act patiently for.

Rawls and Prosise would be playing were it the regular season. Pete has said it himself. The primary reason they're not, ironically for your argument, is because Pete wants a look at Carson.

Personally, should Carson pass the "load test" against the Raiders (and I hope Pete applies one), I half expect that Rawls gets traded for Sheldon Richardson. He, not Lacy, is the guy who becomes redundant should Carson pan out.

I will say I am a lot less enthusiastic about Lacy, but you probably knew that.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":y81rdvok said:
Sgt. Largent":y81rdvok said:
I don't care, I've run out of patience with Rawls, and Prosise for that matter.........

Everyone talked about how fed up they were with Okung's injury. He went to another team and didn't get injured.

Everyone talked about how fed up they were with Unger's injury. He went to another team and didn't get injured.

It just goes to show that gambling against injury is annoying and doesn't always go the way you want.

As far as Rawls and Prosise, when they were on the field, they produced, and at a top-of-the-league level. There was no warmup. They got in there and immediately started ripping off big plays. That's potential for which you act patiently for.

Rawls and Prosise would be playing were it the regular season. Pete has said it himself. The primary reason they're not, ironically for your argument, is because Pete wants a look at Carson.

Personally, should Carson pass the "load test" against the Raiders (and I hope Pete applies one), I half expect that Rawls gets traded for Sheldon Richardson. He, not Lacy, is the guy who becomes redundant should Carson pan out.

+1

Like Dave Wyman says, 'injury-prone' is a #fakeidea. Guys will make the roster based on their ability when healthy. All of TR, EL and CJ have got the 'IT FACTOR' and 7th round rookie pick Carson may, just may, displace one of them.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Ugh. Need to start this season so the preseason heroes can be verified or exposed.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":10oz751n said:

Not that great of an idea IMO. Carson looks like he may well be knocking on the possible starter door, and playing him with a heavy load is not a great idea in game 4 that means nothing. It should be reserved mostly for bubble players which doesn't appear to be Carson. Having him end up like Spencer Ware would not prove a whole lot.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Seymour":5usyhf5l said:
MontanaHawk05":5usyhf5l said:

Not that great of an idea IMO. Carson looks like he may well be knocking on the possible starter door, and playing him with a heavy load is not a great idea in game 4 that means nothing. It should be reserved mostly for bubble players which doesn't appear to be Carson. Having him end up like Spencer Ware would not prove a whole lot.
The number of plays that Carson and others get in PS4 will for sure signal how far deep they are in the pecking order. Top guys will get mostly excused.

Will Carson be forced to play a lot, or AC?

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well it was pretty clear last night with both Rawls and Lacy in street clothes and Carson playing that he's not the starter.

Disappointing for me, I thought Pete would have the balls to go with the most complete back by a mile for the starting role, Carson.

I'm of course rooting for Rawls and Lacy, but with how suspect our O-line is I don't think it'll be very long before Carson's getting the rock. Rawls can't stay healthy and Lacy has no chance at being successful with his running style behind this line.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Give Rawls first crack to start the season. He's earned it based on how he's played when he's healthy. Can't start a 7th round rookie when all he's done is played well in a few pre-season games. Common sense peoples. Having someone like Carson on the bench is a good problem to have.

sutz

Reaction score
I'll be happy if Carson makes the 53. I think he earned that and will make a good futures back. Seems to have the skills and the desire.

:2thumbs:

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
12thbrah":19v7csou said:
Give Rawls first crack to start the season. He's earned it based on how he's played when he's healthy. Can't start a 7th round rookie when all he's done is played well in a few pre-season games. Common sense peoples. Having someone like Carson on the bench is a good problem to have.

We started an undrafted FA who no one heard of when Lynch got hurt.

Just because it's the beginning of the season we have to go with an oft injured vet? I'm fine with Rawls, but I don't follow your logic on Carson............and does anybody honestly believe Rawls is going to stay healthy?

Gimme the stud who can run, block and catch, and do all three VERY well.

hawk45

Reaction score
Would have been happy with Carson, plenty happy with Rawls and Lacy. Rawls is explosive and if he gets hurt Carson straps it up and goes. The tougher one will be if they stay with an ineffective Lacy too long but Lacy could also reprise his rookie season.
Excited as hell for this unit.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dwgalvi said:
12thbrah":2dwgalvi said:

We started an undrafted FA who no one heard of when Lynch got hurt.

Just because it's the beginning of the season we have to go with an oft injured vet? I'm fine with Rawls, but I don't follow your logic on Carson............and does anybody honestly believe Rawls is going to stay healthy?

Gimme the stud who can run, block and catch, and do all three VERY well.

The logic is I would rather start the RB who just last season set the Seahawks single game playoff rushing record vs the rookie who has played well on a part-time basis in the pre-season. I'm sure Carson will get another shot at some point and I hope he does blow up like we all want.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Rawls started off last season looking like he hadn't played. Not unlike this preseason. A couple weeks in, Pete was talking about how he needed to get reps and find his groove while losing reps to CMike.

Week 1: 12 carries 32 yards for 2.7 avg
Week2: 7 carries for -7 yards for -1 avg

Rawls hasn't played yet again. Prosise hadn't played this year before last night either and looked like he was pressing and out of sync.

Let's not do this again. We should be mixing these guys back in so they can catch up. Not dump it all back on the rusty all at once. Carson absolutely should start and we mix everbody back in and get them up to speed.