Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2n8dp338 said:
Joeckel, Glowinski, Britt, Lang, Ifedi

Not bad at all, and likely a lot better than the Swiss Cheese of last season.

Yea, just about any combination would be better than last season. But I doubt that they move Ifedi outside unless injuries enter into the equation. Pete has been pretty firm that they want him to learn the position. Plus both Lang and Joeckel are coming off surgeries, so both of those guys have to be considered question marks, assuming that we sign Lang.

If Joeckel shows up healthy and we sign Lang and he's healthy, we could end up with a huge upgrade in personnel over last year. But that's a big if.

edogg23

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2zsuopzi said:
RussB":2zsuopzi said:
Hawk_Nation":2zsuopzi said:
Unless the Hawks can make a miracle & restructure a current contract to free up money, there is no way he lands here.

On the flipside, it is nice to see them actually being somewhat active with Oline help.
They still have cap space to get him.

Started the day at $24mil IIRC, minus $8mil for Luke which leaves $16mil.

Sign him for $10-$12mil doesn't leave you much

I wouldn't count Luke at 8 mil. Wait for the contract details to come out, a lot of that is probably incentive based.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I have looked at all of the sources I know, and can't find anything on him leaving. I can't find anything thay says he has even been in house yet.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That is coming from 97.1 The Ticket, a Detroit station. Field Gulls tweeted that info out and also said they had no confirmation that it's true.

Lang also lives in Michigan, I believe.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
It can't be true, I am playing hooky from work to relax and follow this stuff, lol. That is not relaxing to me.

AgentDib

Reaction score
He's a good guard but Glowinski seemed decent and Ifedi doesn't appear ready to kick out to right tackle. If we do make Lang a large offer then one of those two assumptions isn't true.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This smells like a leverage job by Lang and his agent.

He's from Michigan, played college in Michigan and Detroit REALLY wants him. So if he is coming here, it's for leverage to squeeze more money out of Detroit.............OR we'd really have to wow him with an offer. Which doesn't seem likely since Pete and John love them some dumpster diving for free agents.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2ttnqmk8 said:
This guy is a lost cause. The Pack wants him and I don't see us spending this kinda $$ on a guard when that is a stronger position than tackle. This is an exercise in futility IMO. From that article......

" The player just ahead of him on PFF's list, Kevin Zeitler, reportedly agreed to a five-year, $60 million contract with the Cleveland Browns on Thursday that includes $31.5 million in guarantees."

I agree, we've seen this dance before, the Hawks are being used as negotiating device to lever a better offer from GB. There is no way Seattle will pay what his agent will ask.

He would be a nice add but I'd be astonished to see him sign here.

Largent80

Reaction score
I doubt it happens as well.

I would like to see if they can add Barwin. That would free up a draft pick instead of using one on OLB/SAM.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Now he has a visit with Denver tomorrow. They want him at left tackle. It is over with for us.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1r47ohmu said:
RussB":1r47ohmu said:
Hawk_Nation":1r47ohmu said:
Unless the Hawks can make a miracle & restructure a current contract to free up money, there is no way he lands here.

On the flipside, it is nice to see them actually being somewhat active with Oline help.

And more importantly, it doesn't leave Kam much either.... :141847_bnono:

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Sorry, don't know how to link tweets.

Jordan Schultz‏ Verified account
@Schultz_Report

Source: TJ Lang gets into Seattle at 11am PT. #Seahawks obviously pleased he did not sign w/#Lions last night. Have big pitch prepared.

Seymour

Reaction score
edogg23":3lzd89jl said:
Hawk_Nation":3lzd89jl said:
RussB":3lzd89jl said:
Hawk_Nation":3lzd89jl said:

I wouldn't count Luke at 8 mil. Wait for the contract details to come out, a lot of that is probably incentive based.

You have to count the entire $8M when accounting for cap space. If he doesn't achieve all the incentives, you get that $$ back to use in the following years cap.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Maybe someone like beechum could be brought in cheap, and play rt. That's really where the help is needed. I'm ok with the interior, but that rt spot scares me. My concern with drafting an o lineman is
A. Pcjs are tied for first in o linemen drafted since they came into the league, without very good results.

B. I don't believe a rookie will have a positive impact on this line. If there were veteran guys around him, maybe. But not with this lack of experience.

Latest posts