Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Now the report is that he hasn't even visited yet. I'm going to chose to believe that, haha.

Just read a tweet from Jordan Schulz that said he is due in Seattle at 11. He posted it 45 minutes ago.

James in PA

Reaction score
Adding Lang would be exciting. Hell, we might have the making of a slightly below average O-line! Woohoo!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgentDib

Reaction score
Seymour":t9ji7avc said:
You have to count the entire $8M when accounting for cap space. If he doesn't achieve all the incentives, you get that $$ back to use in the following years cap.
Not so. Incentives are divided into two categories depending on whether they are Likely To Be Earned (LTBE). LTBEs affect the cap while NLTBE do not. Without knowing the details there's no way to estimate what the actual cap hit might be.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2q5t2l3j said:
Sorry, don't know how to link tweets.

Jordan Schultz‏ Verified account
@Schultz_Report

Source: TJ Lang gets into Seattle at 11am PT. #Seahawks obviously pleased he did not sign w/#Lions last night. Have big pitch prepared.

Keep posting them this way, so everyone can read them. Some notebooks or devices can not read tweets or other things.

Thanks. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1wfe89ym said:
Been awhile since we were used as leverage...

I think it happens more than we think. Jared Allen is the last player that comes to mind, guaranteed he got a sweeter deal with Carolina cause they thought he was close to signing here.

It's all frustrating nonsense to us, but hard to blame an agent for playing the leverage game.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Just another update as I'm sitting here bored, at work.

TJ Lang update: Per source, his flight is delayed and #seahawks simply waiting now until he arrives. He was supposed to get in 11am PT.

Jville

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":1l4jtuiw said:

TJ Lang update: Per source, his flight is delayed and #seahawks simply waiting now until he arrives. He was supposed to get in 11am PT.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/840305149344153600[/tweet]

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I saw him in concert a few years ago ... oh wait, that was KD Lang.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Jville":1zsw1u64 said:
JAGHAWK":1zsw1u64 said:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/840305149344153600[/tweet]

Same information, yours just looks fancier. Lol. I already stated that I couldn't link tweets anyway. But thanks!

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Paul should have just flown his Mig to pick him up....

Paul Allen MiG 29 jet fighter 1

bandiger

Reaction score
Please sign, probably the best signing since Bennet and Avril tandem.

canfan

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3a6ztgtc said:
RussB":3a6ztgtc said:
Hawk_Nation":3a6ztgtc said:
Unless the Hawks can make a miracle & restructure a current contract to free up money, there is no way he lands here.

On the flipside, it is nice to see them actually being somewhat active with Oline help.
They still have cap space to get him.

Started the day at $24mil IIRC, minus $8mil for Luke which leaves $16mil.

Sign him for $10-$12mil doesn't leave you much

Need to keep back about $10 M for the rookie class plus injured reserve and the in season signings that always happen as injuries occur.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Guys, we don't know what the details of the Joeckel contract looks like. There is NO WAY that Schneider gave him eight million guaranteed. I'd guess it's $4-5M will "unlikely to reach" incentives that COULD bring it to $8 million. They could also easily offer Lang a four year contract for $40M and have his first year cap hit only be about $6M. There is no need to panic regarding the salary cap. This is doable if they want to do it.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
RussB":1pokj0ze said:
Not hearing anything at all anywhere. I hope they convinced him.

I don't even know if he has made it to Seattle yet. Last I read, his flight was delayed. The anticipation is freaking killing me.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":stsxrdaq said:
RussB":stsxrdaq said:

I don't even know if he has made it to Seattle yet. Last I read, his flight was delayed. The anticipation is freaking killing me.
Get over to the airport and be our eyes and ears. You took the day off, you slacker.

RussB

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2f1ccpwr said:
RussB":2f1ccpwr said:

Yeah its really quiet no real news from anywhere. Hes either still meeting with them or already left. No idea whats going on.

chris98251

Reaction score
So which team had the flight delayed by sending a office rep to throw a fit at boarding.