Las Vegas Raiders???

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":178n6oe2 said:
chris98251":178n6oe2 said:
Now the Chargers are going to try to see if they can slime there way into Vegas maybe on the Raiders coat tails, it's one of the options they are looking at.

There's questions weather Los Angeles can support 2 teams. No way Vegas could. Hell, Seattle is bigger than Vegas.

Chargers are boxing themselves into a corner, The Rams deal they didn't like, they punted on the Stadium deal in San Diego, there is still the other site in LA to consider but that will cost them, sliding in on the Raiders coat tails to Vegas or trying anyway is all about someone else footing the bill, I think I read the NFL would help there. Then there is the San Antonio carrot, hell maybe they can go to St Louis :)

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":11ph46rd said:
Maulbert":11ph46rd said:
chris98251":11ph46rd said:
Now the Chargers are going to try to see if they can slime there way into Vegas maybe on the Raiders coat tails, it's one of the options they are looking at.

There's questions weather Los Angeles can support 2 teams. No way Vegas could. Hell, Seattle is bigger than Vegas.

Chargers are boxing themselves into a corner, The Rams deal they didn't like, they punted on the Stadium deal in San Diego, there is still the other site in LA to consider but that will cost them, sliding in on the Raiders coat tails to Vegas or trying anyway is all about someone else footing the bill, I think I read the NFL would help there. Then there is the San Antonio carrot, hell maybe they can go to St Louis :)

They haven't punted on San Diego yet, but they need a supermajority now, so it isn't likely. I don't know what it is, but there just is something wrong to me about the Chargers leaving San Diego. They belong there.

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":3mqvxxat said:

They're using all their options to try to force the San Diego area to give them a stadium. I wonder where all the money that their current stadium has made throughout the years has gone. That building was built over 50 years ago and has been raking in money for years...was nobody saving for an eventual replacement?

If these stadiums being built by taxpayers bring money into the city coffers, they should have to put a percentage of revenue into an interest bearing account for stadiums only so there wouldn't need to be future taxes for replacing stadiums later. I can only imagine how much money could have been set aside over the last 50 years after paying only $27 million to build it. Compound interest on even a small percentage of revenue would net a city a set of nice new stadiums every 25-30 years.

chris98251

Reaction score
rideaducati":1t40bxf3 said:
chris98251":1t40bxf3 said:

They're using all their options to try to force the San Diego area to give them a stadium. I wonder where all the money that their current stadium has made throughout the years has gone. That building was built over 50 years ago and has been raking in money for years...was nobody saving for an eventual replacement?

If these stadiums being built by taxpayers bring money into the city coffers, they should have to put a percentage of revenue into an interest bearing account for stadiums only so there wouldn't need to be future taxes for replacing stadiums later. I can only imagine how much money could have been set aside over the last 50 years after paying only $27 million to build it. Compound interest on even a small percentage of revenue would net a city a set of nice new stadiums every 25-30 years.

Your asking Politicians to think of the future AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

HawkGA

Reaction score
This is the only site I've seen about the Chargers trying to worm in on Vegas, but if true, they are just embarrassing themselves.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkGA":1g54v4he said:
This is the only site I've seen about the Chargers trying to worm in on Vegas, but if true, they are just embarrassing themselves.
Wellllll, it is the Spanos family after all.....

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I live in southwest Utah now. Just a couple of weeks ago I got a survey from an organization in Vegas asking me all kinds of question about attending games in a new stadium in Vegas. I guess they are trying to figure out a fan attendance area footprint. We are about 2 hours from the city.

I think they asked every question you could probably ask on the subject. From the slant on some of the location questions they want to put the stadium near the strip.

mikeak

Reaction score
I am curious as to why the NFL would be so opposed to a team in Las Vegas but so pro a team in London....

Sports gambling is huge in Europe

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":2p0kd26g said:
rideaducati":2p0kd26g said:
chris98251":2p0kd26g said:

Your asking Politicians to think of the future AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Nailed it. San Diego much like Los Angeles can't decide on an actual sight because of pure internal politics. Both cities have viable and good options but it's all about the infighting currently. When Los Angeles gets it together San Diego and Oakland will fall right into line quick.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mikeak":1nhsupzm said:
I am curious as to why the NFL would be so opposed to a team in Las Vegas but so pro a team in London....

Because Rog is a big goober that doesnt think things thru????

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":lphbw5wn said:
mikeak":lphbw5wn said:

It isn't up to Roger, it is the owners wanting to grow their money and with the United States all but tapped out as far as revenue, going outside the country has a better opportunity to make the owners more money.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":16w1t1ab said:
Sports Hernia":16w1t1ab said:
mikeak":16w1t1ab said:

It isn't up to Roger, it is the owners wanting to grow their money and with the United States all but tapped out as far as revenue, going outside the country has a better opportunity to make the owners more money.
Rog has a lot more pull then you are giving him credit for. They don't pay him upwards of 44 million dollars a year to be a figurehead in a suit. I think having a team outside the US/Canada would be an abysmal failure. BTW, the NFL gave up its anti-trust status so they won't have to say how much they are paying Rog. Who's idea do you think that was? (see Rog's).

Vegas would be a lot easier sell than most would think if they got a stadium built.
Vegas is a very easy market to sell, especially to those outside of Vegas. Just think of the travel/vacation packages they could sell to the other NFL Markets when those cities teams play an away game in the entertainment capital of the world. That's some serious untapped potential inside the US.

Now would it be a homefield advantage a lot of the time for the home team??? Probably not. ......but every fan has one thing in common no matter what team they root for, everyone's money is green.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3o87vwjn said:
rideaducati":3o87vwjn said:
Sports Hernia":3o87vwjn said:
mikeak":3o87vwjn said:

Rog has a lot more pull then you are giving him credit for. They don't pay him upwards of 44 million dollars a year to be a figurehead in a suit. I think having a team outside the US/Canada would be an abysmal failure. BTW, the NFL gave up its anti-trust status so they won't have to say how much they are paying Rog. Who's idea do you think that was? (see Rog's).

Vegas would be a lot easier sell than most would think if they got a stadium built.
Vegas is a very easy market to sell, especially to those outside of Vegas. Just think of the travel/vacation packages they could sell to the other NFL Markets when those cities teams play an away game in the entertainment capital of the world. That's some serious untapped potential inside the US.

Now would it be a homefield advantage a lot of the time for the home team??? Probably not. ......but every fan has one thing in common no matter what team they root for, everyone's money is green.

I like this from the marketing angle as a destination gameplace.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3qkspmwi said:
rideaducati":3qkspmwi said:
Sports Hernia":3qkspmwi said:
mikeak":3qkspmwi said:

Roger Goodell's earnings for last year were released just a few weeks ago. He made a million from each owner. I doubt his earnings had anything to do with the NFL giving up anything regarding their anti-trust status. He actually IS a figure head in a suit. The owners sure as hell don't want the public going after them like the public goes after Goodell.

The owners pay Goodell. Do you really believe Goodell would do anything that the owners don't want him to do? There is a good reason he still has his job and that is because the owners believe he is doing a good job.

kearly

Reaction score
I'd rather see them in LA, I don't like having a division rival as the only LA team and I don't want to see the Chargers leave San Diego.

OP
OP
S

synergize

Reaction score
Rumor has it that The Fertittas sold UFC to position themselves in helping make the LV Raiders a reality.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":nddyeztb said:
I'd rather see them in LA, I don't like having a division rival as the only LA team and I don't want to see the Chargers leave San Diego.

What's the reasoning behind not wanting only a division rival in LA?

chris98251

Reaction score
They also just applied for the rights to Use Las Vegas Raiders officially.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":37w0tem0 said:
They also just applied for the rights to Use Las Vegas Raiders officially.

Even better - anything that keeps them outa LA.

Here's a link that gives more info on the trademark filings, and a quote from Davis -

“It’s a new market,” Davis said in late May. “It’s got the potential to be a very exciting market. It’s one of the places where, the Raider fans in northern California … it’s a neutral site. It’s going to unite the Raider nation more than divide it. I’ve given my commitment to Las Vegas and if they can come through with what they’re talking about doing, then we’ll go to Las Vegas.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitn ... 747921584f