OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
The Breh":2soygbow said:
seabowl":2soygbow said:
The Breh":2soygbow said:
seedhawk":2soygbow said:
And, am I wrong, or is the pylon considered part of the field of play? Because Kearse got his first foot down in the end zone, and his second foot smacked the pylon. If the pylon is part of the field, was that not a touchdown?
This one needs a legit explanation.

Foot touching pylon is not considered in bounds. Just ask Darrell Jackson. If you've been a Hawks fan longer than 11 years you'll get the Jackson reference.
What I remember most about DJ unfortunately is that shite offensive PI in the SB.
Crossing the plane and hitting the pylon diving forward is much different than a foot knocking it down. Didn't know.

XL end of first half 1 foot in 1 hit pylon. Out of bounds

seedhawk

Reaction score
Yep. XLIX is remembered as one of the top 3 officiated games in history

Jville

Reaction score
blue 22":161b61cu said:
Jville":161b61cu said:
This thread is simply yet another installment in a campaign to smear, blame and hate Darell Bevell. It's unmistakable. There will, no doubt, be many more threads launched by this campaign thru out the coming week.

Like I said... we will be in this same situation next year... nothing will change with bev at the helm. marker my words! :les:

The blame game teaches nothing. If fact, it typically obscures opportunities for learning.

What the rest of us are witnessing is considerable roster turn over featuring a lot of auditions. There were seven rookies on offense that got on the field today. As good combinations emerge and make themselves known, the rest of us will appreciate and enjoy the evolution of the offense.
Those trapped in the blame game ........
.............................. remain out in the rain...
iu
... Where is the joy in that?

blue 22

Reaction score
Jville":1o1m1pir said:
blue 22":1o1m1pir said:
Jville":1o1m1pir said:
This thread is simply yet another installment in a campaign to smear, blame and hate Darell Bevell. It's unmistakable. There will, no doubt, be many more threads launched by this campaign thru out the coming week.

Like I said... we will be in this same situation next year... nothing will change with bev at the helm. marker my words! :les:

The blame game teaches nothing. If fact, it typically obscures opportunities for learning.

What the rest of us are witnessing is considerable roster turn over featuring a lot of auditions. There were seven rookies on offense that got on the field today. As good combinations emerge and make themselves known, the rest of us will appreciate and enjoy the evolution of the offense.
Those trapped in the blame game ........
.............................. remain out in the rain...
iu
... Where is the joy in that?

You will be waiting for awhile because the offense will not be evolving any time soon.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":1yyjyxuu said:
The reason it is stupid is because its a fade call IMO. I think just telling everyone to get open in the endzone and just throw abullet to someone has a fairly high chance of success, atleast higher than a fade.
Can't believe Bevell didn't come up with this.....can you hear Russ in the huddle, ok everybody just get open and I will throw it to you. Brilliant

nash72

Reaction score
No other team in the NFL would run that fade pattern in that situation. Thats the difference.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
This is just sooooooo dumb.

The CB targeted said after the game he knew it was coming his way because of the size mismatch and they doubled Jimmy.

This was Wilson all the way. He seen the match up he wanted and never looked away from it. Then he threw the ball out of bounds.

It's not rocket surgery. Teams constantly look for mismatches, especially in man coverage. That is exactly what happened on this play but it was Wilson who identified the matchup he wanted and failed to deliver on it.

Blaming Bevell for everything that happens in a game is just plain stupid and lazy.

Was it Bevell who threw an int to a LB who never moved off his spot?

Wilson had another below average game, likely do to not being 100%. Add that to the officiating and it is very difficult to win a game against a dynamic offense in thier house on the 2nd week of travel in an early start.

I actually thought Bevell called an excellent game considering Wilson wasn't able to throw anything deep. We actually moved the ball pretty well until we got into the red zone but the red zone has always been Russel's weakness.

themunn

Reaction score
If anything it was a poor throw and Kearse STILL almost brought it in

drewba

Reaction score
Listening to Hugh Millen on KJR and he is absolutely killing the Seahawks for the last play.

Basically, he's saying that the cornerback was the only defender on that side of the field with no safety help, was 4 yards off the ball and wasn't playing inside leverage at all. The play should have been audibled to a slant and would have been an easy touchdown.

He also said that even on the play that they ran, Wilson held the ball too long.

nash72

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2ecmclx8 said:
Add that to the officiating and it is very difficult to win a game against a dynamic offense in thier house on the 2nd week of travel in an early start.

I actually thought Bevell called an excellent game considering Wilson wasn't able to throw anything deep. We actually moved the ball pretty well until we got into the red zone but the red zone has always been Russel's weakness.

Sorry, there is no excuse losing to the worst defense in the league. We ran the ball a total of 14 times or something like that. We averaged 4 yards a carry but still only ran the ball 14 times. That tells you about the mentality of the guy calling the offense. Even with a hurt QB that couldnt throw well, we ran the ball against the worst run defense in the NFL like 14 times,,,,total. Its unacceptable.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They scored ONE TOUCHDOWN on offense against the worst D in the league. Don't deserve to win when you put up one touchdown.

timmat

Reaction score
With Kearse in a 1-on-1 situation, defender off the ball, and no traffic on his side of the field, run a slant play (hello end of XLIX) and we win yesterday. But it seems that should be on Russ to make that change, not the play call in the huddle.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
nash72":3glf9ns4 said:
RichNhansom":3glf9ns4 said:
Add that to the officiating and it is very difficult to win a game against a dynamic offense in thier house on the 2nd week of travel in an early start.

Sorry, there is no excuse losing to the worst defense in the league. We ran the ball a total of 14 times or something like that. We averaged 4 yards a carry but still only ran the ball 14 times. That tells you about the mentality of the guy calling the offense. Even with a hurt QB that couldnt throw well, we ran the ball against the worst run defense in the NFL like 14 times,,,,total. Its unacceptable.

I agree about the running game and was talking about it earlier with co-workers but I do believe C-Mike is the problem. They just don't seem to either trust him or want to rely on him. I don't know why but it's been pretty obvious.

I do wonder if C-Mike just doesn't have the stamina unlike some RB's who improve as the game goes along. Even at the start of the first half after giving him the rock successfully for several carries we sat him and went to Prosise and never seemed to go back to C-Mike after.

I wish we had a RB that we could rely on right now but it really appears we don't.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Did JG even get a target on the last drive?
How about McEvoy on the field for the last play?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":35pfcs09 said:
They got the snap w/a second on the clock. How does he have time to call an audible???

The clock was stopped when Wilson spiked the ball. Doesn't start again until the ball is hiked.

hawker84

Reaction score
Am I the only one who noticed that Kearse actually made a great catch, all he seems to do is make great catches, yet folks are constantly bashing him and calling for his head? just so happened RW threw it too far and forced his momentum out of bounds. So if anybody's to blame it's RW, or the coaching staff, take your pick. If Wilson would have seen the slant route to his right, it would have been a TD.... But by all means , let's continue with the Kearse sucks posts.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":i42gn62q said:
This is just sooooooo dumb.

So the offense having "moved the ball pretty well" is due to your beloved OC but once we get into the red zone, our failures are because of "Russell's weakness."

Got it. Great logic there.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
OP doesn't even know whether it was Bevell who called the play.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The funny thing is...

Didn't New Orleans call a pick-slant to score a TD in the 4th? The same exact play as the one we lost XLIX on? I remember the TV analyst loving the play, calling it "unstoppable." It's the "terrible play" that everyone else in the league uses in crucial situations.

But you're only a genius when everything goes right.