Laying in bed last night and all I thought of was....

billbird2111

Reaction score
2_0_6":3bp128ul said:
How differently would the game have gone if Malik Turner catches that damn ball?

Maybe you win. Maybe you don't. But, drops happen in this league.

Do you know why the Seahawks lost? Because your defense surrendered 28 points in a playoff game. That's why. The Seahawk offense was playing catchup all night long. If Green Bay had kept its foot on the pedal after that 4th touchdown in the 3rd quarter, it could have been far worse. Instead, Green Bay relaxed. Go back and look at the highlights if you don't believe me. The urgency went out of GB the moment that team scored its 28th point.

Do you know how many times the old Legion of Boom surrendered 28-points in a playoff game? NEVER

Russell Wilson needs help. But you've got to fix that defense first.

BTW, this is one 49er fan that is GREATLY relieved that we don't have to face the Seahawks for a third time this season.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
billbird2111":uz13yuii said:
2_0_6":uz13yuii said:
How differently would the game have gone if Malik Turner catches that damn ball?

Do you know why the Seahawks lost? Because your defense surrendered 28 points in a playoff game. That's why. The Seahawk offense was playing catchup all night long. If Green Bay had kept its foot on the pedal after that 4th touchdown in the 3rd quarter, it could have been far worse. Instead, Green Bay relaxed. Go back and look at the highlights if you don't believe me. The urgency went out of GB the moment that team scored its 28th point.

Do you know how many times the old Legion of Boom surrendered 28-points in a playoff game? NEVER

BTW, this is one 49er fan that is GREATLY relieved that we don't have to face the Seahawks for a third time this season.

No need for a LOB history lesson, but thanks.

We were driving at will the entire second half, the GB defense was gassed and dropping like flies. There is ZERO and I mean literally ZERO doubt in my mind that they get a TD on that drive if that catch is made.

As bad as the defense was, guess what? We had the ball on potentially the last drive of the game with a chance to go ahead.

massari

Reaction score
Would've been a completely different game if even one or two of Carson, Penny, Britt, Dissly or Gordon plays.

Hopefully they get rid of that trainer with bad history.

billbird2111

Reaction score
2_0_6":iszqyf5p said:
billbird2111":iszqyf5p said:
2_0_6":iszqyf5p said:

We were driving at will the entire second half, the GB defense was gassed and dropping like flies. There is ZERO and I mean literally ZERO doubt in my mind that they get a TD on that drive if that catch is made.

As bad as the defense was, guess what? We had the ball on potentially the last drive of the game with a chance to go ahead.

We have some Seahawk fans who regularly post in the 49er Webzone forum. For the most part, great people. Oh sure, every once in awhile you get that annoying fan. I'm sure you get them here too. But, there are quite a few who keep it on the level and we appreciate that. They're hurting today. Lord knows, as a 49er fan, I do understand. I have felt this pain. Far too many times. Usually after going up against the Seahawks.

Best of luck next season. And, oh yeah, you need to fix this: :49ersmall:

In all seriousness, all it takes is one good game-changer on defense to boost the level of play. No, you cannot have Richard Sherman back.

knownone

Reaction score
2_0_6":tjwbhqz2 said:
I was thinking the same thing with a slight variation; how different would it be if Josh Gordon didn't get suspended? He probably makes that catch, and his presence would have forced the Packers out of shifting coverages to DK and Tyler. That was the most painful aspect of the game for me. The Packers doubled Tyler and DK all game long daring our 3rd and 4th receivers to beat them underneath, and they were still virtually non-existent.

James in PA

Reaction score
I thought we were going to score too. BUT, I also thought we’d leave more than enough time for Erin and company to drive down and kick a game tying or game winning FG .... because our defense absolutely sucked last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
James in PA":2m971cwn said:
I thought we were going to score too. BUT, I also thought we’d leave more than enough time for Erin and company to drive down and kick a game tying or game winning FG .... because our defense absolutely sucked last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glass being half full, if we score and get a 2 point conversion a FG woulda tied. :D

IndyHawk

Reaction score
billbird2111":34y900av said:
2_0_6":34y900av said:
billbird2111":34y900av said:
2_0_6":34y900av said:

We have some Seahawk fans who regularly post in the 49er Webzone forum. For the most part, great people. Oh sure, every once in awhile you get that annoying fan. I'm sure you get them here too. But, there are quite a few who keep it on the level and we appreciate that. They're hurting today. Lord knows, as a 49er fan, I do understand. I have felt this pain. Far too many times. Usually after going up against the Seahawks.

Best of luck next season. And, oh yeah, you need to fix this: :49ersmall:
In all seriousness, all it takes is one good game-changer on defense to boost the level of play. No, you cannot have Richard Sherman back.

Your absolutely right..Can we fix that to SC Wen?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":347l7ntf said:
2_0_6":347l7ntf said:
Does Josh Gordon catch that pass? :shock:
Without a doubt. Even if he was doped out of his mind.
Josh would have snatched that up one handed :shock:

ClippedBird

Reaction score
2_0_6":10knub7s said:

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. I then drifted off to sleep...

morgulon1

Reaction score
billbird2111":3lynjrbz said:
2_0_6":3lynjrbz said:

Ah, not welcome on a 69er board ? No one gives a rip what you think.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pete is a Hall of Fame Motivator. Gameday Coach? Hmmm....

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
ClippedBird":1bov5xe2 said:
2_0_6":1bov5xe2 said:

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. I then drifted off to sleep...

If you fall asleep dreaming about testicles, congrats. :shock:

morgulon1

Reaction score
Aros":31y2ez2o said:
Pete is a Hall of Fame Motivator. Gameday Coach? Hmmm....

I just dont get it. We always seem to be down at halftime. Its a trend.