lil' birdie twittered in my ear...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I agree with English (on the Gameday forum) that a tall WR would be a real help in the red zone. OTOH, we've been hurt by lack of depth this year and draft picks=depth. I wouldn't go more than a 4th.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
pehawk":2qhz0b8b said:
Hasselbeck":2qhz0b8b said:
HawkWow":2qhz0b8b said:
OTOH, I'd gladly give TB our 1st and 6th for ASJ. A move that would give RW a huge target that could also assist with the Oline.

mj-laughing.gif

Thank god you're not Seahawks GM.

Husky homers are so great. ASJ is an average TE at best..

But yeah that 26 and a TD today is definitely worth a 1 and a 6.

Stop trying to make ASJ happen. It's not going to happen.

Now I wont defend you when someone rubs your previous love of Flynn in your face. Kind of a douche post.

Let's be honest, if we had a history of what was said I would be one of the first backing Russell when the rest of you doubted him. Not fair to call Hasselbeck out on that.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'd do the deal for a 2016 third rounder. Nothing higher. Because it'd be a year removed the overall value of the trade is a fourth. It'd also allow us to go big with our large number of picks next year to fill some holes.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
Why anyone is talking about acquiring anyone other than an OL or pass rusher completely befuddles me

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
glad2bdada3":38s9r17g said:
Why anyone is talking about acquiring anyone other than an OL or pass rusher completely befuddles me

Because when is the last time a starting offensive lineman was traded in week eight? Who are you trading for? Who are you replacing?

Ditto pass rushers. There aren't enough good pass rushers in the league to deal a good one mid season.

A big target is a need, and we're talking about Jackson because the 12thman's impeccable source says there's at least some chance this could happen.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":3va784li said:
Hasselbeck":3va784li said:
HawkWow":3va784li said:
OTOH, I'd gladly give TB our 1st and 6th for ASJ. A move that would give RW a huge target that could also assist with the Oline.

mj-laughing.gif

Thank god you're not Seahawks GM.

Husky homers are so great. ASJ is an average TE at best..

But yeah that 26 and a TD today is definitely worth a 1 and a 6.

Stop trying to make ASJ happen. It's not going to happen.

Now I wont defend you when someone rubs your previous love of Flynn in your face. Kind of a douche post.

A terrible trade idea, that has been said repeatedly.. deserves a "kind of douche" post

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":26g9uc1i said:
A terrible trade idea, that has been said repeatedly.. deserves a "kind of douche" post

So, did Leroy Hill decline his franchise tag yet? ;)

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2f71curc said:
glad2bdada3":2f71curc said:

Because when is the last time a starting offensive lineman was traded in week eight? Who are you trading for? Who are you replacing?

Ditto pass rushers. There aren't enough good pass rushers in the league to deal a good one mid season.

A big target is a need, and we're talking about Jackson because the 12thman's impeccable source says there's at least some chance this could happen.

Who said anything about starters?!! Hell, we're pulling guys off the PS to fill in at Center, T, CB and TE and we don't have a FB. I really dont see WR as much of a priority.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2ahjtaag said:
pehawk":2ahjtaag said:
Let's be honest, if we had a history of what was said I would be one of the first backing Russell when the rest of you doubted him. Not fair to call Hasselbeck out on that.

I wonder if there is a thread/post that you can't manipulate in order to mention that you were one of the first guy's to back Russell?

It's pretty impressive. Well, maybe not.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
glad2bdada3":1tm8umcf said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1tm8umcf said:
glad2bdada3":1tm8umcf said:

Who said anything about starters?!! Hell, we're pulling guys off the PS to fill in at Center, T, CB and TE and we don't have a FB. I really dont see WR as much of a priority.

So you want to trade for backup linemen? Why not just use Bailey and Gilliam? Why else are they on the roster?

A big target who can win in the red zone (WR or TE) is a definite need. Which is why they at least talked about Jackson and enquired about Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron and Coby Fleener while trying to deal Harvin,

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":v82ldlmt said:
glad2bdada3":v82ldlmt said:
theENGLISHseahawk":v82ldlmt said:
glad2bdada3":v82ldlmt said:

So you want to trade for backup linemen? Why not just use Bailey and Gilliam? Why else are they on the roster?

A big target who can win in the red zone (WR or TE) is a definite need. Which is why they at least talked about Jackson and enquired about Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron and Coby Fleener while trying to deal Harvin,

Never said I wanted to trade a backup lineman. There are other ways to acquire players. A big target TE I understand since all we have is Helfet. But WR is not a need.

DJrmb

Reaction score
The Bucs will consider offers for RB Doug Martin and S Mark Barron ahead of Tuesday's 4pm ET trade deadline.
The Bucs are also getting calls on Vincent Jackson, but he's highly unlikely to get moved. Martin, on the other hand, has been the subject of heavy rumors over the last week. He's averaged just 3.36 yards per carry over the last two seasons, has been brutal in pass protection and the Lovie Smith regime inherited him. Charles Sims (ankle) is expected to be active and have a role against the Browns Sunday whether Martin gets moved or not. Barron, the No. 7 overall pick in 2012, has three interceptions and one forced fumble in 37 career games while consistently grading out in the bottom third of PFF's safety grades. Oct 28 - 8:54 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7426/doug-martin

With reports of the Bucs not very likely to get a deal done for VJax but putting Doug Martin and Mark Barron on the trade block I wonder if maybe the Seahawks shift focus a little bit. Could Mark Barron help us weather this injury plague and strengthen the obviously lacking LoB for the rest of this season?

I know a lot of people think I'm off my rocker for considering a trade for a Safety when we have the best duo in the game but with Jeron Johnson going down on Sunday and injuries at Linebacker and Corner a versatile Safety like Barron could give us some much needed flexibility and depth and allow us to wait on guys to come back Fully healthy rather than coming back at 75% because we need bodies. It would also allow us to give an ailing Kam Chancellor a bit more rest at times since he's playing hurt again this year... Basically I would see them using Barron mostly on Nickle and Dime plays to fill that 3rd and 4th DB slot, and maybe giving Kam a rest here and there on earlier downs as he excels against the run. His contract is pretty cheap @ 1.7m this year so if it doesn't work just cut him loose.

IDK, just a thought. I'm not suggesting trading a 1st or anything like that, we'd have to get a steal with one of our late round picks, but the kid has talent and I think Pete has shown a knack to coach up talented but inconsistent DB's. I know it likely won't happen because player deals rarely get done during the season in the NFL, This isn't the MLB trade deadline... But if you can't find anyone to trade you a Corner, and you can't find a pass rusher, maybe an athletic Safety is the next best thing to help us weather this injury storm?

:snack:

drdiags

Reaction score
I was interested to hear that Barron was on the block. I know there was speculation when he came out that if the Seahawks got a chance to draft him, there might be a consideration of moving Kam to LB. It was a hot topic for a brief moment and JS/PC later shot it down as just speculation.

If the team makes such a trade, I could see them putting Kam on IR to do it. Just my idle speculation.

More likely Barron ends up in Philly if he plays the same position as Allen (Strong vs Free, since I think there is still that concept out there).

themunn

Reaction score
DJrmb":36c91a8x said:
IDK, just a thought. I'm not suggesting trading a 1st or anything like that, we'd have to get a steal with one of our late round picks, but the kid has talent and I think Pete has shown a knack to coach up talented but inconsistent DB's. I know it likely won't happen because player deals rarely get done during the season in the NFL, This isn't the MLB trade deadline... But if you can't find anyone to trade you a Corner, and you can't find a pass rusher, maybe an athletic Safety is the next best thing to help us weather this injury storm?

Would you have been happy if we had used our 15th pick that year on Barron? I would have.
I'd quite happily give up next year's 3rd... possibly even 2nd. Anything less than that WOULD be a steal. Talent doesn't just vanish, we've seen it time and time again with first round players failing to live up to expectations - a year ago we were looking at Rolando McClain as a massive bust. Change of scenery and he's been one of the best linebackers in the league so far this year.

A 3rd safety would basically operate as an every down nickel corner - big, fast and strong enough to cover WRs and tight ends yet still play the run.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
I'd rather see us save the pick and go after Fitzgerald when he is released in AZ this summer. Fitz has said that Seattle is the toughest place to play (or something like that) and I think this locker room would welcome him (and his catch radius, work ethic, and professionalism) with open arms.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
FargoHawk":x6j0xdxk said:
I'd rather see us save the pick and go after Fitzgerald when he is released in AZ this summer. Fitz has said that Seattle is the toughest place to play (or something like that) and I think this locker room would welcome him (and his catch radius, work ethic, and professionalism) with open arms.
Agree 100%, and we're seeing this year that when healthy he's still very productive.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well, they could be looking at next year and using this chance to get something they feel is an upgrade that could not be had in the draft, we will see if they get him on a new contract.