lil' birdie twittered in my ear...

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Did your source mention any players at other positions the Hawks are inquiring about trading for before the deadline? I'm thinking a backup TE or even a corner could help.

Chawks1

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":sw3gq0b4 said:
Did your source mention any players at other positions the Hawks are inquiring about trading for before the deadline? I'm thinking a backup TE or even a corner could help.

Yes, I'd love to get a decent TE like Gresham or Cameron over VJax......trade deadline is Tuesday.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
FWIW Schefter says a Vincent Jackson trade is unlikely because the Bucs are asking for a lot.

Which kind of goes with the OP's report

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Yep sounds like they're standing firm.

Shame. I'm not desperate to see our team trade for another expensive veteran WR, especially one in his 30's. But Wilson hasn't had a genuine big target like this at any point in his NFL career. And it's the one thing that has the potential to take him to yet another level (by basically being even better in the red zone, third down).

Whether it's a WR or a better TE, this team needs a big target for its QB.

Largent80

Reaction score
With that team in TB, they should get all the draft picks they can.

Shoot, 5 days to the deadline. Do the Hawks do anything?

If they do, I'll bet it will raise eyebrows.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
PC and JS shock EVERYBODY by trading a 1st and 3rd and Russell Okung to the Jets for Harvin and Giaccomini.

We hope Percy learned his lesson during his brief banishment. We welcome him back with the promise of six new alignments for bubble screen plays

- bsd

CANHawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":no5hvmv6 said:
PC and JS shock EVERYBODY by trading a 1st and 3rd and Russell Okung to the Jets for Harvin and Giaccomini.

We hope Percy learned his lesson during his brief banishment. We welcome him back with the promise of six new alignments for bubble screen plays

- bsd

I'm only going to tell you this once... if you want to keep working here, stay off the drugs.

original.jpg

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":2ay1v7a6 said:
With that team in TB, they should get all the draft picks they can.

Shoot, 5 days to the deadline. Do the Hawks do anything?

If they do, I'll bet it will raise eyebrows.

Crazy enough as it sounds.. a Seahawks win and Bucs win on Sunday puts Tampa a game out of 1st

Thats how terrible the NFC South is.. and why they're asking for a lot to move him.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
Personally I would love to have somebody like Andre Johnson instead. He wants out of Houston, is a good role model and teammate, is a freak of nature in the passing game, but most of all can block like a crazy man. I can't imagine having a big body like Johnson on the outside for our RBs... It would improve our running game instantly... If we get a big WR they need to be willing to block .. Not sure if Vincent is the right guy for that

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't see us bringing in VJax when we have so many other pressing needs but if it did occur he would have played with 3 former NC State QB's.

themunn

Reaction score
hawkfan68":35ih5t5i said:
Not sure if he's healthy or still playing football, he's had really bad luck with injuries. However he's unsigned and he would be a poor man's Vincent Jackson type of receiver -

Danario Alexander - http://www.nfl.com/player/danarioalexander/497262/profile and his draft profile page - http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/danario-alexander?id=497262

I think Alexander is a great player and would love to see him put his injury woe behind him for good, but I think from his perspective he's at risk of doing such irreparable damage to his knees that it would risk his ability to simply walk. For that reason I don't even want to try putting the idea in his head

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think Hawks will sign Jordan Cameron in the offseason

HawkWow

Reaction score
IMO, we need to shy away from the skill positions for awhile. 1st, RW aside, we don't do real well finding or picking them and 2nd, with this crap oline, what difference does it make if Jackson is slightly better (and older) than what we currently have? His presence will allow for RW to throw the ball up for grabs? That's never going to happen.

RW needs protection and our backs need better run blocking. We also need to pressure QBs. Jackson's not going to do any of that so please Pete, put away the joystick.

OTOH, I'd gladly give TB our 1st and 6th for ASJ. A move that would give RW a huge target that could also assist with the Oline.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
We're young and are better served riding out a tough season with what we have and keeping our draft capital and cash. I just don't see how over-priced vets will help us at this point.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkWow":29xg6tn6 said:
OTOH, I'd gladly give TB our 1st and 6th for ASJ. A move that would give RW a huge target that could also assist with the Oline.

mj-laughing.gif

Thank god you're not Seahawks GM.

Husky homers are so great. ASJ is an average TE at best..

But yeah that 26 and a TD today is definitely worth a 1 and a 6.

Stop trying to make ASJ happen. It's not going to happen.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ubohkp2 said:
HawkWow":1ubohkp2 said:

mj-laughing.gif

Thank god you're not Seahawks GM.

Husky homers are so great. ASJ is an average TE at best..

But yeah that 26 and a TD today is definitely worth a 1 and a 6.

Stop trying to make ASJ happen. It's not going to happen.

Now I wont defend you when someone rubs your previous love of Flynn in your face. Kind of a douche post.

chet380

Reaction score
Why not go to the practice squad and give Chris Matthews a look -- 6 ft 5 and had a good pre-season

Basis4day

Reaction score
chet380":v5yn5ao9 said:
Why not go to the practice squad and give Chris Matthews a look -- 6 ft 5 and had a good pre-season

Matthews isn't on the PS.

Latest posts