Looking at the Current Seahawk Roster

Fade

Reaction score
Frank Clark is the future Michael Bennett.
Jarran Reed is the future Brandon Mebane.
Vet FA is the future Ahtyba Rubin. (That is how they have always filled this position.)
???? is the future Cliff Avril (I don't think Marsh can become the guy.)

1st round pick - OL - BPA

2nd round pick - Edge Rusher (Leo)

3rd round pick - LB - They have 0 depth at the position, only nice special teams players.

4th round pick - CB - It's harder to get them in the 5th & 6th rounds now.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Defensive end, defensive tackle (gap shooter/3-tech), cornerback, running back, offensive tackle, linebacker. Order dictated by talent depth and how the board falls.

Given the age of Avril and Bennett, and the importance of pass rush, DE and DT are definitely priorities.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Fade":23wm0ui7 said:
Frank Clark is the future Michael Bennett.
Jarran Reed is the future Brandon Mebane.
Vet FA is the future Ahtyba Rubin. (That is how they have always filled this position.)
???? is the future Cliff Avril (I don't think Marsh can become the guy.)

1st round pick - Edge Rusher (Leo)

2nd round pick - CB - DeShawn Shead is a FA, and it's getting harder to get Seattle Corners in the later rounds.

3rd round pick - LB - They have 0 depth at the position, only nice special teams players.

4th round pick - OL - BPA
NOBODY is the future anybody until They prove it.

morgulon1

Reaction score
1. End rusher
2. LBer
3. O Line

Of course BPA is always in play but these three positions have seemed to take a hit in either free agency or father time.

King Dog

Reaction score
It's verrrrry early, but I'm disappointed we seemed to have blew it at RB in the draft with 3 rb's chosen and Pope as an UDFA.

Davidess

Reaction score
Only thing with OT in this draft is that its not really stocked with OT talent. So I don't suggest reaching on OT. So I go with DL somewhere or RB. I think a Combo of Rookie RB/Cmike COULD be deadly. I don't put much hope in Rawls. Injury bug keeps biting him. We will see though.

From what ive understood from this off season was eventually moving Ifedi OT (that be LT or RT heard RT more so though) and moving Gilliam to LT. OG is pretty solid this draft from what ive read.

So my wish list is

DL/RB/DB/OG

not in that particular order.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The 3 positions I'd give the highest priority to (not necessarily spending the first 3 picks but making sure that if they pass on a guy earlier that they are confident they can get a competent guy later on). The first one is a no brainer, OT. The inside of our O-line is solid as hell right now, not anywhere near All-Pro level but average to even above average. The tackles are a bit shaky though, I wouldn't necessarily say go full panic mode and pick the best OT available in the first but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 1 OT picked in the first 3 rounds.

Next up is LB. Wagner is an All-Pro, KJ is almost as good and then there is a drop-off to replacement level right away. We're way too thin at LB right now.

Then comes safety. We're extremely spoiled there right now with Earl and Kam but the drop-off without Kam is way too huge, we need a young talented guy who can learn a year or two from Kam before becoming the new field general. Wouldn't mind seeing a SS picked in the first or second.

cover-2

Reaction score
O-line! - IMO our needs for next season will be our o-line. A lot of this depends if the Seahawks plan on flipping Gilliam from RT to LT and moving Ifedi from RG to RT. Or do they keep them at their current positions for next year. Gilliam will become a free agent in 2018 and I don't get the feeling that the Seahawks will re-sign him. So that being said, we should target a OT in the first 3 rounds and grab another one late in the draft.

DE - Like others have said this is a great draft for DE's and I think we could get a stud late in the 1st round. You can never have too many pass rushers. I hope that Missouri DE Charles Harris or Illinois DE Dawuane Smith will be there for us late in the 1st round.

LB - If Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham or the hard hitting Alabama LB Reuben Foster where sitting there when we pick late in the first round, it would be hard to pass on either player. I would think we would target a LB somewhere in the first four rounds of the draft.

RB - So far rookie RB's have been disappointing, be it because of injury or underwhelming performance. If Georgia's Nick Chubb or Tennessee's Alvin Kamara is sitting there in the 2nd round, then I could easily see us selecting either one of them in the 2nd round.

3-tech DT - I would like to get one in the first four rounds.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I would have said this LAST year, but the current OL is doing good and getting better.

Other than Ifedi and Britt we need upgrades. "Better" is a relative term we're using cause the line's been below average. It's still one of the poorer lines in the league.

IMO we need another top LT and continue to draft depth all along the line. I never want to see a washed up Webb type of lineman starting because we have no other options.[/quote]

Sowell had a good game Sunday. Re-watch the game and focus on OL like I did. I was impressed by everyone on that line, and I'm not easy to impress regarding OL.[/quote]

Our QB has two serious injuries because this line is not that good, especially at the tackle position. Sowell is doing well for Sowell..........that doesn't mean we shouldn't be upgrading the position if we can get a stud RT, and LT.

It's by FAR the biggest area of need of all the position groups..............again.[/quote]

Really ? Seriously, both of those plays Wilson took unnecessary hits, WELL out of the pocket. He's not injured because of the OL. Against Suh, he kept drifting back. He should've unloaded that one. Against the Niners, he was almost on the sidelines. I know he makes things happen in those situations more often than not, but taking those unnecessary hits is going to catch up to you eventually. There's not much the OL can do when he's almost on the sidelines.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I like Attyla's post and agree. You don't just say "hey, we suck at LT, let's draft one in the 1st round. Problem solved."

You have to look at the draft THEN your roster. I don't have time to look at the draft, so I rely on guys that are probably better at that than me anyways, and they're saying DL and secondary are the big talent pools this year. There's also at least 3 top flight RB's that will likely go in the 1st round, and 1 to 2 more than have 1st round talent.

DB, DE, RB, OL. Not necessarily in any order.

DB. Chancellor is getting more and more nicked up. But he's so cerebral that we need his replacement to learn from him. If you don't think McCray is the answer, go big here. Lane has proven injury prone and I'm not sure we can keep Shead. We're going to need another guy with long term team control for cheap, and that's going to be a rookie.

DE. I think we resign both Bennett and Avril to 2 year deals. They've both been incredibly durable, but Avril relies on explosion and speed. That eventually fades and sometimes falls off a cliff fast. We do have Clark, and I think he's good and will get better, but you can't have too many pass rushers. I could also go 3T DT here instead, and I'd probably rather if the draft falls this way.

RB. Because I think we can get a top flight, game changing guy in the 2nd round. Do we need him ? No, but we're in a great position to pick the BPA among several positions.

OL. I like our OL. I think they'll grow in the run game, and grow together. I don't want to break up the band here, I want them to play together and gain chemistry. Here's the deal: we're weak on the edges but from what I'm hearing, there won't be great edge talent in this draft. It's either going to be developmental, or go interior. I theorize we go interior and slide Ifedi out to RT. Let Gilliam and Sowell fight it out for LT, and keep both...one for depth. Sowell is average athletically but he seems to be getting better with reps. The first couple games he looked terrible, now he's servicable and improving. Glowinski is still too young to make a call yet, he's not even halfway through his rookie year of game experience. I think we have to keep Britt.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd probably bang the table for Nick Chubb.

Pre injury, he was an absolutely electric talent. I was a massive fan of Todd Gurley coming out and had hoped we'd be in a position to move up to acquire him. Back when it appeared he might be out the entire rookie season and he stood a chance of slipping into the 20s. I said at the time on numerous occasions that I thought he was the best player at any position.

That said, Nick Chubb was at worst Gurley's peer and at best, a better prospect in his own right. Then he suffered a knee ligament tear and currently this year he's struggling (although much of that can be laid at the feet of relative talent, coaching change and a true freshman QB). But also it's often acknowledged that it takes a full year to get right mentally and physically after a knee injury.

If Chubb is capable of returning to form in 2017, then you're probably looking at a top 5 overall kind of talent. But one whose market is soft and also a draft with several other first round talents that don't have the medical red flags.

For a team that will be picking late -- Chubb is definitely a prospect who could personify a talent efficiency as a late first/second round player. He's competing with many of the same market liabilities that Frank Gore faced when he was taken in the early 3rd round.

If Seattle is interested in him, I'd suspect we'll never hear a peep about it until his name is called.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I feel LB is a need. Morgan really isn't an every down backer and is IR'd. Marsh is really playing well this year. KPL?...need to see more from him.

Always need to draft OL, whatever position.

Corner. We have Shead (who is REALLY coming into his own IMO) Sherman, and who after that for outside?...Not much.