Who ya looking to get at the trade deadline?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Didn't feel like making a new thread but Ms just lost their pitching coordinator Max Weiner to Texas A&M. The 28 year old left a MLB club to go to a college club. Hmm.
I'm sure if he was a key person they would have really pushed to keep him

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not Ohtani. Bunch of goofy M’s fans want to give up half the farm for a 3 months rental for him when you can get him this off-season without costing you any talent. Of course that means John Stanton’s wallet would take a short term hit, while making long term profits if you sign the guy via FA.

All the bean counter types like Stanton see is cash going OUT, not potential huge profits coming in. Landing Ohtani would be a cash cow for the team.

I fully expect them to come out with the typical M’s ownership “hey, we tried excuse after offering a low ball offer.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Is Kelenic hurt? If not why is a .037 hitting Dylan Moore starting over him?
If Kelenic is a healthy scratch, this is why the fire our manager threads get started. Kelenic has been hitting lefties good this year. There is no reason to find an .037 hitter AB’s.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
We may not even be buyers at the deadline. If we are 7 games back or worst of the WC we are definitely not buying anyone. I’d say 5 games back I’m on the fence. The most realistic situation is we trade for a guy with multiple years left on their contract.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
We may not even be buyers at the deadline. If we are 7 games back or worst of the WC we are definitely not buying anyone. I’d say 5 games back I’m on the fence. The most realistic situation is we trade for a guy with multiple years left on their contract.
Too many holes in the line up to sacrifice the future this year. The smart move would be to bite the bullet and sign Ohtani in the off-season. But John Stanton doesn’t do bidding wars, especially against the big boys.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m big into count situations and how they affect AB’s.

These guys approaches to hitting are all messed up. I swear all of their hitters go 0-2 every AB .
Your chances of reaching base after an 0-2 count are very slim. It’s a coaching thing and a player thing. More importantly it’s a mental thing.
The only 2 mariners players I never worried about getting to an 0-2 count were prime Griffey and prime Edgar, they were so good they’d set up pitchers.

This team strikes out way too much, 0-2 counts are a huge part of that problem.

Vesuve

Reaction score

Any comments on our Mariner Muse's comments?

HXwhIRz  normal
Mariner Muse
@MarinerMuse
$81 million in 2022 profit.

~$10 million committed to MLB free agents.

Not paying for Tacoma/Everett minor league stadium upgrades so the money is being reallocated from athletic venue upgrades FOR KIDS.

John Stanton is a fraud.

DNEBLHSc normal
gif4U
@Seattle4Life22
@MarinerMuse Been saying it since his group took over the majority of the team. The rebuild stage was always just a facade. They’re going to do everything in their power to be cheap, find deals, and pray that “diamonds in the rough” are hiding under the Diamond Club at T-Mobile Park.

QWERTY

Reaction score
If Kelenic is a healthy scratch, this is why the fire our manager threads get started. Kelenic has been hitting lefties good this year. There is no reason to find an .037 hitter AB’s.

If you didn't watch Mariners BB, then you didn't see that he didn't get past slump 2.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
These guys are more likely to be sellers than buyers at the trade deadline. What a way to start the second half of the season.

Echawks

Reaction score
i mean if we can get a middle of the lineup hitter that gives us a chance, you take it..

we give up gilbert and stuff for shohei, not a huge fan but would love to see a legit win now move out of this front office.

Chapow

Reaction score

With the Rays, Astros, Blue Jays, Red Sox, and Yankees all ahead of us, and the Guardians and Angels within 1 game right behind us. That's a lot of teams still in the mix at this point, and the M's would need to finish the rest of the season better than at least 5 of them to get the last wildcard.

Steve Hawk

Reaction score
I don't know what the Cubs would need to turn loose of Cody Bellinger but, with Kelenic and Pollock both on the IL I wouldn't mind his resurging bat .305,12HR,35RBI and his steady glove in left field. Might be some added pop to the line up. Definitely better than Marlowe and Trammel who were both hitting in the mid .200's in AAA.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
With the Rays, Astros, Blue Jays, Red Sox, and Yankees all ahead of us, and the Guardians and Angels within 1 game right behind us. That's a lot of teams still in the mix at this point, and the M's would need to finish the rest of the season better than at least 5 of them to get the last wildcard.
Yes chances of us making it are still very small. And you know the big name teams will add major players at the trade deadline.
I don't know what the Cubs would need to turn loose of Cody Bellinger but, with Kelenic and Pollock both on the IL I wouldn't mind his resurging bat .305,12HR,35RBI and his steady glove in left field. Might be some added pop to the line up. Definitely better than Marlowe and Trammel who were both hitting in the mid .200's in AAA.
This is what annoys me with the Mariners. They could have signed him in the off-season, now they may give up prospects for him. My guess is Chicago would want a high end prospect for Bellinger, and there will be plenty of teams looking to deal for him.

Threedee

Reaction score
You asked too soon.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I don't think SD would trade away any offense right now but I'd love to see Soto or Tatis on the Ms. I would trade Kelenic and some pitching for either of them. I really want Nootbaar from STL too but it would take a lot.

Last edited:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I don't think SD would trade away any offense right now but I'd love to see Soto or Tatis on the Ms. I would trade Kelenic and some pitching for either of them. I really want Nootbaar from STL too but it would take a lot.
Yea that would take a Logan and cash and probably top farm guy.

NoGain

Reaction score
To me, if we make a bigger trade at the deadline, it's more about the coming years than this year.