Who ya looking to get at the trade deadline?

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't want any move that smacks at all of desperation. I'd rather just go with what we've got, let the chips fall where they may, and then pressure the organization to get on the stick this off season towards making us a serious contender again.

balakoth

Reaction score
If you didn't watch Mariners BB, then you didn't see that he didn't get past slump 2.
This aged well.. also using BA when they have limited plate appearances.. is funny... But you are pretty negative about anything any Seattle sports team does to be honest

Crizilla

Reaction score
Angels pick up 2 solid hitters from the Rockies. That's a real good line up when Trout comes back. Ms play them after Boston.

Rangers get Scherzer.

Last edited:

beastalamode

Reaction score
Angels pick up 2 solid hitters from the Rockies. That's a real good line up when Trout comes back. Ms play them after Boston.

Rangers get Scherzer.
And the stros get V back. All 3 other contenders make win now moves but we sell lol

hawkfan68

Reaction score
And the stros get V back. All 3 other contenders make win now moves but we sell lol
No doubt. While other teams are gunning for the world series, the Mariners just care about having the best minor league team.

Last edited:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
To be fair, there is a big difference between us and them. They are all very likely going to make the playoffs, whereas we have an outside shot.

But even if we were right in the playoff hunt I’d guess we would have made minimal upgrades.

beastalamode

Reaction score
To be fair, there is a big difference between us and them. They are all very likely going to make the playoffs, whereas we have an outside shot.

But even if we were right in the playoff hunt I’d guess we would have made minimal upgrades.
The angels are only half a game ahead of us fyi

balakoth

Reaction score

Rangers get Scherzer.
Rangers didnt need to buy seems silly.... Angels got 2 solid hitters and still getting rocked

At least we sent Wong away.. got a season average better hitter, with a platoon man who can play outfield with Marlow honestly feeling the vibe and a man who has only played 15 games, with high prospect; I never expected two players basically packing up a uhaul and moving over the next week to be ON THE BALL right off the bat. Still a mental aspect..

Sewald.. love the man, but FA soon so was it SUPER worth it? I do agree with past assessments not sure if Munoz is ready for the spot... but hes ALWAYS been setup man basically, if he can do setup and move that to closer thats almost even better at 100 101 .. (IF he can place it coming back)

We MAY make the playoffs to be honest.. Houston is always buying, but at this point they have almost no farm team and its all money to spend.

Angels are literally in do and die situation with SO ... and if I was them WOULD HAVE MOVED him... at this point they may not even have a close shot at the last wild card

Would I love SO here next year? You damn well know i would... no more Woo trade off Marco and Ray, more money to spend and a two way player! AMAZING... is our cheap ass ownership going to throw 900 mil at 2 players for the next 7 years (Julio and Ohtani?) WE already know the answer to that.. so... what do we do next year even with a wild card play in, maybe a series win.. kinda like last year but no further... all because we pretty much regressed on a average player level (France, Teo SUPER spotty and our spark plug not playing haggerty, which Murphy seems to be taking the role of) and ate ass on several trades in the off season.

Dipoto did well building it up.. we got some super studs in the minors... but still not bringing them up.... Im just at a loss at this point.. we SHOULD be better.. but aren't.

Are million dollar players that daft that hitting coaching can dictate a season for them? (If you were a previous all star.. and some new team hitting coach said one thing.. you actually follow that as you get worse?!?!) It all seems SUPER odd to me this year

balakoth

Reaction score
ie: On a basic level.. the rangers did notrhing to make them better than us.. they are just playing better.... Maybe coaching IS that big of a deal with million dollar babies?!

Latest posts