Looks like we get the winner of Carolina/Arizona

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37b2w61x said:
You might actually be wise to root for Dallas.

Of course we want to root for Dallas. Dallas winning means we get Carolina or Arizona, neither of which is a legit playoff team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
IF Detroits defense shows up in Dallas they could win..It's the playoffs..DEFENSE wins championships..

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
This is a team that match ups wont matter. With that said Dallas is the ONLY team that has a legit shot to beat Seattle because of Dez & Murray but most important a great OL. I would love a NFCCG against cowbowys. To beat 49ers then Dallas in back to back NFCCG would be as sweet as it gets. Back to Back superbowl would love Patriots this year consolation would be Steelers.

Also a side not Seattle is 305-307 ALL TiME regular season games and 12-12 in post season. So a 3-0 playoff run would mean Seattle would be over .500 ALL TIME. currently 317 -319. win superbowl and we are 320-319.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
I think I would like to play Detroit. Their D-Line is scary but so are all of them in the NFCW. Caldwell and Stafford both make really bone headed decisions. No doubt the Hawks would love to whoomp on Tate too esp if some of the stories are true.

At the end of the day we can beat any of them, of course, so I would like to see a matchup with the Lions.

Go Hawks!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3kpgfggw said:
Actually kid.. if Detroit wins, we get them no matter what.. as they are the lowest seed in the conference
That's rigbt. I just realized and came to correct myself. Panthers would go to the packers the Packers come finish the year the way they started it

kearly

Reaction score
I want Dallas to win the first game, lose the second. Give Seattle AZ/Carolina and then GB and they are heading to Glendale.

pehawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":e4oeuyph said:
JSeahawks":e4oeuyph said:
Unless Detroit can go into Dallas and win, which i dont see happening.

Dallas isn't invincible. All four of their losses have come at home, against the #8, #9, #5, and #7 DVOA rush defenses.

Detroit is #1.

Additionally, Tony Romo has been feasting on mediocre-to-poor DVOA pass defenses all season. #3 (L, at home), #25, #20, #27, #8, #7, #17, #32 (L, at home), #11 (L, at home), #19, #17, #18 (L, at home), #29, #18, #14, and #32.

Given all that and Romo's playoff history, it would actually not surprise me at all to see the Lions mop the floor with Romo, then walk in here and give us our O-line another stiff challenge.

What does DVOA say about the QB's Seattle's defenses has been playing, of late?

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":39sxxy2f said:

assume nothing. dallas eeked by the sea hawks and detroit played poorly against the packers. dallas also did not, much to the chagrin of the commentators during the game to day, not have a shit hot win against washington....this game is by no means a slam dunk. if i was dallas, having a great year and then having to beat detroit, GB and then seattle...i would be WTF.....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seanhawk":198tq989 said:
Stunning stat of he day...Matt Stafford is 0-16 on the road against winning teams in his career.
I'm shocked.................oh wait, no I'm not. We will be playing the winner of Carolina/Arizona.

kearly":198tq989 said:
I want Dallas to win the first game, lose the second. Give Seattle AZ/Carolina and then GB and they are heading to Glendale.
Completely agree.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
kearly":2ev67e31 said:

Absolutely. Either Cardinal under glass or roast Panther would be a tasty hors d'oeuvres to the main course -- cheese fondue. Mmmm -- that would be a tasty treat for a hungry Seahawks team indeed.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I like the way this turned out where we don't have to play the Cowboys and Packers. If Detroit pulls off the upset, we get them on a short week. Plus they have the long flight home from Dallas and then have the long flight here. Arizona would have the back to back long flight issue.

I know the Cards have a great D, but a playoff game at home vs Lindley / Thomas? That would be my first preference.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
At this point, I don't think it matters too much. I do think Detroit poses the biggest challenge of the three. Of all the three, I think I'd like to face Carolina.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I wouldn't sleep on Carolina. I know they are from the NFCS which has been ridiculed all year long, but I think they are coming together as a team. Defenses tend to travel well and Cam is playing inspired ball since his accident. I just think this team is much more dangerous/talented then their record indicates.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1vvop761 said:
Stunning .Matt Stafford is 0-16 on the road against winning teams in his career.

This is a representative sample and it is telling. He will screw it up. No way Lions win.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
pehawk":1xsr07mc said:
MontanaHawk05":1xsr07mc said:
JSeahawks":1xsr07mc said:

Dallas isn't invincible. All four of their losses have come at home, against the #8, #9, #5, and #7 DVOA rush defenses.

Detroit is #1.

Additionally, Tony Romo has been feasting on mediocre-to-poor DVOA pass defenses all season. #3 (L, at home), #25, #20, #27, #8, #7, #17, #32 (L, at home), #11 (L, at home), #19, #17, #18 (L, at home), #29, #18, #14, and #32.

Given all that and Romo's playoff history, it would actually not surprise me at all to see the Lions mop the floor with Romo, then walk in here and give us our O-line another stiff challenge.

I imagine it says they're trash. And we've been handily disposing of them like the trash they are.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawk35fan":3aus7fpd said:
Dungy is already calling for Carolina to upset the Seahawks.

Which is just :lol: :lol: :lol: worthy

I'd be more worried about Drew Stanton and the Cards D than the Panthers

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1mid09mf said:
hawk35fan":1mid09mf said:
Dungy is already calling for Carolina to upset the Seahawks.

Which is just :lol: :lol: :lol: worthy

I'd be more worried about Drew Stanton and the Cards D than the Panthers

Because we totally didn't beat Carolina when we were struggling. Oh, yeah, we did. Russell Wilson has never lost to Cam Newton. 3 trips to Carolina, 3 wins. How does he think Cammy will handle the Clink?

pehawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":30gtyoyl said:
pehawk":30gtyoyl said:
MontanaHawk05":30gtyoyl said:
JSeahawks":30gtyoyl said:

Detroit is #1.

I imagine it says they're trash. And we've been handily disposing of them like the trash they are.

Yup...

seahawks08

Reaction score
I personally feel pretty good seahawks playing any team at home. I would love to beat Dallas, or Detroit both of whom we lost to in recent years. I would also like RW to clarify to Tate on Russell Wilson is a "pretty good quarterback, I guess" comment. I love Tate though, the only reason we couldn't sign him was Percy Harvin's pay is what I would think.