Looks like we get the winner of Carolina/Arizona

HansGruber

Reaction score
Detroit is the only team that really scares me much. They match up well against us. But honestly, it's not that close.

And if one thing is certain, these Seahawks play for themselves. They really do play like they hold their own fortune, determine their own destiny, etc. I just don't see any team coming to Seattle and beating this defense. We're going to lay waste to the NFC. The LoB is healthy and jacked out of their minds. And with what I saw today from our receivers? These Seahawks haven't even peaked yet. It's just sick. Not even fair.

And I'm not saying that as a homer. The last team I remember playing like this was the early 90s Cowboys. Except the Seahawks are better.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pehawk":37t17egr said:
Detroit will beat Dallas, I think. Dallas's offensive line has really, really incubated Garrett and Romo. It removes the usual gaffes by that staff and QB. Well, guess what? The Lions DLine negates the Boys oline advantage. It evens things up.
From your mouth to the football gawds ears! :th2thumbs:

lukerguy

Reaction score
Seanhawk":32gwdvew said:
Stunning stat of he day...Matt Stafford is 0-16 on the road against winning teams in his career.

Are you serious? Wow.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Romo is no threat in the postseason. The only consistency he's shown in big moments is finding ways to choke. He's like Kaepernick or Peyton but without the success.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I highly doubt Detroit wins at Dallas but I also can't see Dallas winning at Green Bay. The one rule to remember is to never base expectations on how one team plays another team before they get to your team. We had a tougher, much tougher road to the Super Bowl last year than we do this year.

Have no fear.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't see any of these teams being able to beat us right now. But I would love to see a Romo chokefest in Seattle again.

Seafan

Reaction score
This team doesn't fear anyone. They played terrible in the first half today. It happens. Turnovers will kill any team.

It wouldn't surprise me if Dallas makes it to the NFCC and the Hawks will beat them and not think twice about it. If Detroit upsets the Cowboys I doubt they would be able to do something like that two weeks in a row.

This team just needs to play their game. If they do I'm excited to watch what will happen.

Hopefully we get our guys back healthy but if we don't, next man up.

Go, Seahawks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":37k0kef1 said:
That would be ideal, but anything can happen in that Dallas vs. Detroit game. Romo has been erratic in the playoffs in the past.
"Erratic"? Not with the touted O-Line that he has now.
hgRomo will find it a hell of a lot tougher than he did IF he makes it back to Seattle in this playoff game.
The Seahawks have bolstered up ,and are back to Championship form.
The only fly in the ointment might be the Officiating crew that could likely want Da Boys to go to 49.
I was hoping to see another match between the Stealers and the Seahawks :twisted:

Seafan

Reaction score
The Panthers should be opening some eyes. They started 0-6-1 this season. Do the math. They are 7-2 their last nine games. Their defense has given up 11 points a game the past month. This is a hot team and a much better team than our 7-9 team that upset the Saints. They will beat the Cards. The good thing is the game will be in Seattle. I expect the Hawks to win and I know that Pete will not take them lightly.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Panthers beat the Bucs the very first game of the season back in September, then they beat the Lions to go 2-0. I'm not sure which team u talking about.
Seafan":57h3xpwb said:
The Panthers should be opening some eyes. They started 0-6-1 this season. Do the math. They are 7-2 their last nine games. Their defense has given up 11 points a game the past month. This is a hot team and a much better team than our 7-9 team that upset the Saints. They will beat the Cards. The good thing is the game will be in Seattle. I expect the Hawks to win and I know that Pete will not take them lightly.

endzorn

Reaction score
I think Detroit is going to get worked over by Dallas. I can't believe how poor Detroit's offense has played this year and despite an excellent defense I think Dallas will keep hammering away and score big late in the game.

ctrcat

Reaction score
rjdriver":20k3nxjj said:
I wouldn't sleep on Carolina. I know they are from the NFCS which has been ridiculed all year long, but I think they are coming together as a team. Defenses tend to travel well and Cam is playing inspired ball since his accident. I just think this team is much more dangerous/talented then their record indicates.

Definitely a case study in adversity, which they say builds character. Losing the best player in team history (Smith), franchise LT (Gross), franchise DE and 10% of the cap so the shield can save face (Hardy), and 1/3 of the starting lineup over the course of the season due to injuries, returning from injuries, multiple suspensions (Alexander) or mass sucktitude/benching/cutting of veteran players for hungry/more talented younger ones. Not even getting to Cam's bum ankle, broken ribs, and then car accident with the broken back, throwing to an entirely new WR corps with a rookie #1. The energy felt in the Superdome and Georgia Dome, both curb stompings, avenging earlier home losses, says a lot about that team.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Seafan":1d2s5dgo said:

Don't take what you hear from Golic as an absolute truth. He was incorrect with his numbers.

With that said, I believe that panthers have either won four in a row, or five in a row.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah, the Panthers started the season 3-2.

They did win four in a row to close things out. The only good team they beat along the way is Detroit all the way back in week two, but they could be at least something of a tough out. With that said, I still expect the Seahawks to be favored by double digits if we draw Arizona or Carolina, and honestly might even get a line as high as -10 if we host Detroit (though I think that would be too many points to give in that matchup).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":2vkcod8r said:
Detroit will beat Dallas, I think. Dallas's offensive line has really, really incubated Garrett and Romo. It removes the usual gaffes by that staff and QB. Well, guess what? The Lions DLine negates the Boys oline advantage. It evens things up.
I just don't know because it's going to be on Stafford again and he is 0-16 against any decent team on the road. Detroit's offense is just bad and just like in the playoffs Golden Tate was nowhere to be seen. Then again for some reason Dallas doesn't play well at home so Detroit probably has a decent chance at least.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Dallas hasn't been great at home, and that Thanksgiving performance was indefensible, but one of their four losses came when they had to start Brandon Weeden, who honestly doesn't even have a place in the league as a backup. I think the struggles at home have become a bit overblown since we're only talking about three losses at home by the Romo Cowboys, and in terms of predicting what's going to happen going forward, it's difficult to put much stock in that bad loss in the season opener also.

Detroit winning this week wouldn't shock me, but I don't expect it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It should be Carolina.

Arian's can keep hoping that Stanton returns, but all signs point to big trouble in little Glendale for Stanton's knee. Even if he did, Carolina's D is playing very well right now, so they should handle Arizona.

byau

Reaction score
Hmm.. I don't see Detroit beating Dallas. Dallas seems to be on a mission this year and they are coming in hot.

I do see Dallas getting banged up by Detroit's physical game, and then having to face Green Bay? That's a tough road right there.

For our side, on paper I'd still say Arizona, but momentum is huge and Arizona is on a downfall and Carolina has GOT to be feeling good. Not to mention I think they want another shot at the Seahawks in a bad way.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I wanted no part of the Panthers and was really hoping Atlanta would win that game.

I do not want the Panthers coming here, but it's probably going to happen. On the other hand, this is one of those games that will probably be less close at night in Seattle than it is at 10AM in Carolina.