Looks like we get the winner of Carolina/Arizona

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Dallas is 4-4 at home this year, they lost to Redskins with Colt Mccoy. I think Detroit is capable of beating them at home.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I rooting for a Dallas win.
If Dallas loses, we'd most likely play 3 straight passing teams to get to a title.

To me, that's too much tape to give to GB or an AFC team preparing for a big game.

The less teams see our pass D right now, the better.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
TheHawkster":22guskbo said:
If Dallas loses, we'd most likely play 3 straight passing teams to get to a title.

To me, that's too much tape to give to an AFC team preparing for a big game.

I don't think it matters. Everyone knows Seattle will play Cover 3 Man or Cover 1 and just dare you to beat them.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I agreeto a point, but we haven't faced a top passer in a while and why give them more keys of what not to do.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
TheHawkster":2jyhaa6d said:

To me, that's too much tape to give to GB or an AFC team preparing for a big game.

Im rooting for a Dallas win so GB and Dallas can beat the crap out of eachother before playing us

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2a90otl0 said:
Rat":2a90otl0 said:
I don't think Suh gets suspended. It didn't really look intentional to me, although he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt on these things.
It would be BS if he got suspended for that. He was just counteracting his balance. He didn't even know Erin was there. Poor girl. lol.
What's wrong with stepping on a muppet? Not like he can feel it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pehawk":3az2mvlf said:
Detroit will beat Dallas, I think. Dallas's offensive line has really, really incubated Garrett and Romo. It removes the usual gaffes by that staff and QB. Well, guess what? The Lions DLine negates the Boys oline advantage. It evens things up.
Not with Suh out.

Seafan

Reaction score
joeseahawks":272wjam4 said:
Panthers beat the Bucs the very first game of the season back in September, then they beat the Lions to go 2-0. I'm not sure which team u talking about.
Seafan":272wjam4 said:
The Panthers should be opening some eyes. They started 0-6-1 this season. Do the math. They are 7-2 their last nine games. Their defense has given up 11 points a game the past month. This is a hot team and a much better team than our 7-9 team that upset the Saints. They will beat the Cards. The good thing is the game will be in Seattle. I expect the Hawks to win and I know that Pete will not take them lightly.

You are correct, that 0-6-1 was in the middle of the season leaving them with a not so impressive 4-0 run at the end of the season against the NFC south.

Bring them on.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seafan":3uu8npf1 said:
The Panthers should be opening some eyes. They started 0-6-1 this season. Do the math. They are 7-2 their last nine games. Their defense has given up 11 points a game the past month. This is a hot team and a much better team than our 7-9 team that upset the Saints. They will beat the Cards. The good thing is the game will be in Seattle. I expect the Hawks to win and I know that Pete will not take them lightly.

Truthfully, I prefer the Panthers. I'm not a big fan of a team getting 3x cracks at us. Especially a division foe. We'll see if Cam and crew can stand up to the Tards' brand of physicality. Normally I'd see yes, but I don't think they've faced anything like the wily-but-half-bonkers Todd Bowles (Rob Ryan with a brain).

ctrcat

Reaction score
Seafan":1bao3kqe said:
joeseahawks":1bao3kqe said:
Panthers beat the Bucs the very first game of the season back in September, then they beat the Lions to go 2-0. I'm not sure which team u talking about.
Seafan":1bao3kqe said:

You are correct, that 0-6-1 was in the middle of the season leaving them with a not so impressive 4-0 run at the end of the season against the NFC south.

Bring them on.

Wins are one thing but what happened @NO and @ATL were epic beatdowns. 5 of the non-wins on the year were against playoff teams and even the 18 point loss to the Vikings they had 11 more first downs and 142 more yards in the sub-zero windchill, it was special teams that rued the day.

The Panthers simply win in December, regardless of opponent. Cam has the 2nd highest active December win % after Brady and the Panthers have won more games in December than any team in the league since they came into the league. Not a typo.

BeerHawker

Reaction score
The Panthers won only 2 games outside their anemic division all season, and both were at home early in the season (Weeks 2 and 5). Their current 4 game win streak is against the 3 teams in their crappy division and an even crappier Cleveland. Even the pathetic Bucs and Titans each managed a win outside their own divisions on the road. Hopefully Dallas wins. We then get what amounts to a second bye week.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, Suh won his appeal, so that game just got more interesting.
Avoid talking to the media 100 grand fine
Step on a guys leg ON PURPOSE, 70 grand fine.

seems legit :roll:

BocciHawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":a7nnspef said:
I like the way this turned out where we don't have to play the Cowboys and Packers. If Detroit pulls off the upset, we get them on a short week. Plus they have the long flight home from Dallas and then have the long flight here. Arizona would have the back to back long flight issue.

I know the Cards have a great D, but a playoff game at home vs Lindley / Thomas? That would be my first preference.

Ditto. I was totally excited when I realized we wouldn't have to play both the Cowboys and the Packers. It's a really excellent feature of the quirks of the seeding...

themunn

Reaction score
Carolina went 4-0 to close out the season.
Of course, they went 4-6 over their last 10 games, and those 4 wins came against 3 NFC South teams that are even WORSE than the 7-8-1 Panthers, and the putrid Browns who completed just 10 passes that day (with just 68 passing yards in the first 3 quarters). The Panthers STILL had to come from behind in the 4th quarter to win that game.

I'll take our 9-1 record over our last 10 games as being a bit more "hot" than the Panthers.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
CAR can't beat us at their house, there is no way they come to Seattle and finally win.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I wouldn't just give the game to Carolina. Lindley actually played pretty well versus San Francisco so the game may be more up in the air then expected. Arizona's defense will keep them in the game and if Lindley can hit 2-3 deep shots they have every chance of winning the game.